Oware out for the season

Monifieth_Jag

easily our best signing this season

hope the big man can get back into the team sooner rather than later

but you just get the feeling that here we go , last season all over again

imo we now need a centre back, a right back, a centre forward and possibly a fit centre mid

i also see that sean welsh is playing for ICT  how we missed a player of his ilk last season

this is going to be a long hard season  :help:

10 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

easily our best signing this season

hope the big man can get back into the team sooner rather than later

but you just get the feeling that here we go , last season all over again

imo we now need a centre back, a right back, a centre forward and possibly a fit centre mid

i also see that sean welsh is playing for ICT  how we missed a player of his ilk last season

this is going to be a long hard season  :help:

I think Welsh scored for them at the weekend 

This is depressing news. We are in serious trouble now. If we had built a team before the season started we would now be looking for a centre half, not still another 2-3 key players with a couple of days left of the transfer window. The injury is unlucky, the lack of depth of our squad is complacent

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, robphil said:

i guess we won't be seeing three at the back any time soon

Three centrebacks, probably not. Any signs of shakiness with the two we've got, which unfortunately isn't an unlikely occurrence, then I can see us stick someone like Penrice in the middle of a back three. Plus we've also got to adapt for visits to Cappielow and Alloa or any other narrowish pitch. 

Looks like a near Catch 22 situation. We need to bring in two or three more defenders but we won't have the funding due to Keown's wage structure. Due to the position he plays in, we now most likely require his services and thus may only have the funding for one additional defender.   

I think Sena would be a young guy who can play there and would be cheap, and would not mind primarily reserve team football so could be the cover/bench option. As a 3rd/4th choice CB, when we are right against the deadline, we could do worse I am sure.

We still need a first team player though of course - I really don't see how we can play Keown for morale reasons

1 minute ago, jaf said:

I think Sena would be a young guy who can play there and would be cheap, and would not mind primarily reserve team football so could be the cover/bench option. As a 3rd/4th choice CB, when we are right against the deadline, we could do worse I am sure.

We still need a first team player though of course - I really don't see how we can play Keown for morale reasons

Jaf,

Not sure if you were at the reserve game on Monday - but what I saw he is nowhere near good enough for 1st team football yet

2 hours ago, robphil said:

i guess we won't be seeing three at the back any time soon (thought the news. depressing as it is, might have merited a paragraph on the official site...)

Au contraire, the club have every right to be very annoyed by O'Ware's untimely tweet.

As a business, the club has a duty to gain any advantage it can or, as in this case, mitigate any disadvantage. Alerting agents that we are desperate, three days before the window closes, puts the club at a negotiating disadvantage. Also, Morton now have prior warning of our (increased) defensive frailty.

Perhaps, sometimes, there are good reasons for keeping quiet.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

Au contraire, the club have every right to be very annoyed by O'Ware's untimely tweet.

As a business, the club has a duty to gain any advantage it can or, as in this case, mitigate any disadvantage. Alerting agents that we are desperate, three days before the window closes, puts the club at a negotiating disadvantage. Also, Morton now have prior warning of our (increased) defensive frailty.

Perhaps, sometimes, there are good reasons for keeping quiet.

story also features widely in evening times - so let's hope neither agents nor anyone connected with morton has read article