Jack Storer

elevenone

Crazy today, straight red in first half of a reserve game for dissent.  I know he tweeted earlier he was gutted at not getting on pitch v Morton but surely better ways to channel that annoyance.   Not sure if that rules him out of cup game at weekend but if so hopefully a slightly lighter pay packet this week.

Was there and it was a strange one. I can only imagine the ref is a bit more sensitive than the one on Saturday. Thankfully Storer didn't lose the rag after the card as I was half expecting might happen. Don't suppose Archie will be too happy with him regardless of suspension as he was integral to the game up until then. Then again Archie's last ever game!!!

His pass hit the referee and he obviously said something pretty nasty to the official because the red card was out in double quick time. It must have been super insulting to get that reaction. Few who were there could believe it.

He had strolled through the first half and our much lauded Aidan Fitzpatrick had merged with the wallpaper. It was so piss poor I went home at half-time.

Not much of an advert for Scottish football.

33 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Was there and it was a strange one. I can only imagine the ref is a bit more sensitive than the one on Saturday. Thankfully Storer didn't lose the rag after the card as I was half expecting might happen. Don't suppose Archie will be too happy with him regardless of suspension as he was integral to the game up until then. Then again Archie's last ever game!!!

Was Archie sent off in his last ever game? I remember the Imrie elbow but that wasn't his last season playing.

We knew he came with this crazy stuff in his locker and he needs to sort it quick time.  Any game I have seen him he looks a red card awaiting and I believe he has been subbed by Archie before to avoid this.   Not a great example to the younger lads today.

Anyway how did Tam Scobbie look L-I-B?

Jack rapidly making himself a target for the refs up here. A crazy tackle on Brown in the Celtic game which could have resulted in red which was shown over and over on TV, and now this. Can't see him lasting with us if he doesn't get a grip!

4 hours ago, elevenone said:

Crazy today, straight red in first half of a reserve game for dissent.  I know he tweeted earlier he was gutted at not getting on pitch v Morton but surely better ways to channel that annoyance.   Not sure if that rules him out of cup game at weekend but if so hopefully a slightly lighter pay packet this week.

According to the Falkirk website it was Shea Gordon who was sent off,lol.

4 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Was Archie sent off in his last ever game? I remember the Imrie elbow but that wasn't his last season playing.

Archie's last ever game, in a Jags jersey at least (he may have played in someone's testimonial since), was an U20 away game at East End Pk. The bold Archie got red carded for talking back to the ref.

elevenone, Scobbie played comfortably in the middle of a back three and was vocal. Certainly helped the two other centrebacks thru their paces. Neither looked nearly as shaky as last week. Might sound a bit silly but even if Scobbie doesn't feature for the 1st team his short tenure here might be of benefit. He'll help the other youngsters along during a reserve game. That on-field guidance has been lacking, so can only be helpful particularly as we've some real young uns in the reserves.

btw I'm not too sure what sort of game jagfaelivi was anticipating today. The first half was full of good open football from both sides. Admittedly the 2nd half was spoiled by the ordering off.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Sad as it is to say I think storer is a waste of a wage ,I don’t deny there’s a player in there somewhere but he sadly spends more time talking sh*te on his social media and having cards waved in his face than he does actually playing football. Here I was thinking we had found a cult hero for the season... SO FAR though very far from it.

24 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Sad as it is to say I think storer is a waste of a wage ,I don’t deny there’s a player in there somewhere but he sadly spends more time talking sh*te on his social media and having cards waved in his face than he does actually playing football. Here I was thinking we had found a cult hero for the season... SO FAR though very far from it.

That's fair comment. Undoubtedly got a fine range of passing and technically rather gifted but obviously comes with a health warning.  We're not short of central midfielders and with that in mind I reckon Storer's worth the punt. Quite like the idea of playing a wildcard. 

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's fair comment. Undoubtedly got a fine range of passing and technically rather gifted but obviously comes with a health warning.  We're not short of central midfielders and with that in mind I reckon Storer's worth the punt. Quite like the idea of playing a wildcard. 

You hope somewhere along the season we will be stuck in a stalemate or a bad position and he’ll come on and do something magic ,the wildcard as you said ,and maybe something like this will allow him to kick on a little bit longer term and perhaps become a 2 year project. Got to remember the lads not even 21 yet which can only be a positive.

He was booked at Tannadice and didn't seem to take it too kindly with the ref.  When he was taken off by Archie my first reaction was that he was a 2nd yellow waiting to happen.  Little point in signing someone who needs to be taken off to avoid being sent off.  Needs to sort this out or he'll be a liability we can't afford.

LIB I was harking back to some of the stuff we have played in the Development League in the last couple of years and we seem to have got rid of many good ones. The Stokes' , McInally, McLaughlin for example. Just didn't see it yesterday from those on the pitch. The last couple of years some of the stuff the young lads have come up with has been a joy to watch. It's easy to argue that we might be playing against older guys in many cases now but I just wasn't impressed.

11 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

first time I 've seen the young boys this season but thought the young boy Eadie looked a good player.

Eadie was playing further up the park than usual, perhaps to accommodate Storer. After the red card he played in a more a accustomed position more than likely out of necessity. For a small and young lad he looks like he's got a bit of dig and energy about him.

eta Kemoe looks interesting. He tired badly yesterday but hardly surprising as he was isolated for much of the game. Given he's young as well he's already got some strength. No idea re his goalscoring ability but he should at least lay off a few.