“What on earth has he given?”

gerrybritton9

It seems like the ridiculous ghost goal has gone viral and the wonderful commentary:

”What on earth has he given?”

i encourage you all to drop that that phrase into conversations, daub it on toilet walls, have a t shirt made and bring a home made sign to the next home game!!!!

Squid said to me that the lino only spoke about the throw and seemed unaware there was even a suggestion of a goal.

Great piece on BBC Sports  website about Club paying Doolan a goal bonus and him donating it to the Beatson.

Top work alround, now we just need the ‘powers that be’ to apologise for the shambles. I’ve never seen Erskine as angry before, he knew we we were wronged by the linesman.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Great piece on BBC Sports  website about Club paying Doolan a goal bonus and him donating it to the Beatson.

Top work alround, now we just need the ‘powers that be’ to apologise for the shambles. I’ve never seen Erskine as angry before, he knew we we were wronged by the linesman.

Though it doesn’t completely make amends would be nice if the referee and linesman could make a donation to the Beatson as well though I will not hold my breath 

Kris Doolan came over very well in an interview on BBC Sportsound this evening - articulate, measured and with a sense of humour - "It's the first time I've scored a Goal and won a throw-in." He also made the point that we were relegated last season by one goal. He is a real credit to himself and the club - a good player and a very good guy.

Ian McColl was one of the studio pundits - he mentioned that he had never seen Chris Erskine so angry.  

I get more agitated when officials bottle decisions against big clubs but this was just bizarre incompetence.  I can't say I'm surprised at the absence of a gracious apology from Neil Doncaster and the SPFL  - the suggestion that the match officials donate their match fees to the Beatson is a good one.

With Christie Elliot's mazy dribble along the bye line against Ayr a few weeks ago, it does make you wonder if there is a force field at that end of the ground which scrambles people's brains.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, its4nothing! said:

End of week and still no explanation or apology to the club, which they have asked for. Does anyone know if those involved are officiating this weekend?

The blind linesman has been rewarded by getting to run the line this weekend at the Euro Under21 qualifying match between Sweden and Hungary.  Nice all expenses paid trip for him.  Lets hope they use a luminous  ball.

edit.  In fact that game is currently playing (1-0 to Sweden but is it really 2? :) )

Edited by elevenone