St. Mirren

Garscube Road End

2 hours ago, jags on tour said:

I don’t think Archie would leave even if they did come in for him, we’ve stuck by him through thick and thin, why would you want to go to a club who has just changed managers twice in 3 months since getting promoted.

Archie would be foolish to move. He has a job here for life, unlike any other club in world football, its not a results driven business at firhill.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Archie would be foolish to move. He has a job here for life, unlike any other club in world football, its not a results driven business at firhill.

Obviously we have different perspectives on this, which is fair enough.

Personally, though I was doubtful about him staying on after last season, I'm quite happy that Thistle are prepared to do things differently from other clubs. I don't think he'd have kept his job in many places. I therefore agree he'd be foolish to move, but I also don't think there will be many offers coming his way at the moment. Anyway, I don't think he would; I reckon he's a pretty loyal person.

I've heard people saying that they don't have the guts to sack him, but I reckon sacking, and following the conventional route, is the easier way out. Being different takes a bit more courage.

Having said that, I'm sure it remains a results driven business at Firhill, same as anywhere else. Just with a bit more patience for the results (and I know it is stretching it for many). Still reckon the peg is a bit shoogly.