East Fife away

That 1 jags fan

30 minutes ago, allyo said:

Hoping we play a strong team and take the competition seriously. i don't understand all this diddy cup stuff. it's a competition at the level we play. If it's a diddy cup then we are a diddy team.

It's also an ill thought out competition at the level we play at. Think it would be a great tournament solely for the part time clubs or if the top division was of normal size, clubs below that level. 

Chances are if we progress we'll be playing clubs that we'll meet another four times at least this season and that automatically in my mind devalues this competition.  So we can say we're taking it seriously but come a league game against say Dunfermline and a challenge cup game against the same opposition I think I know which fixture will be given more priority.

So I believe we should take the competition kind of seriously. :)

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It's also an ill thought out competition at the level we play at. Think it would be a great tournament solely for the part time clubs or if the top division was of normal size, clubs below that level. 

Chances are if we progress we'll be playing clubs that we'll meet another four times at least this season and that automatically in my mind devalues this competition.  So we can say we're taking it seriously but come a league game against say Dunfermline and a challenge cup game against the same opposition I think I know which fixture will be given more priority.

So I believe we should take the competition kind of seriously. :)

I am not disagreeing that the sizes of our leagues are too small. In the league cup and Scottish cup, if we progressed(when we were in the premier league), we would likely meet teams in the same division. Are those competitions similarly devalued ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I am not disagreeing that the sizes of our leagues are too small. In the league cup and Scottish cup, if we progressed(when we were in the premier league), we would likely meet teams in the same division. Are those competitions similarly devalued ?

I think they are devalued thru repetitive fixtures. The fact gate prices are routinely reduced for cup games would support that assumption. However I take your point tho' I sense I know if it came to a survival league match and a cup game where the priority would lie.

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think they are devalued thru repetitive fixtures. The fact gate prices are routinely reduced for cup games would support that assumption. However I take your point tho' I sense I know if it came to a survival league match and a cup game where the priority would lie.

I think for me also, the league takes priority over the cup. However, if it was the Scottish cup it is likely to be a semi final vs league match against a relegation rival. 

There is, I guess, a very remote possibility of being in the cup final and the play off matches

They would be tough calls to decide.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Wow, I hadn't even realized that they were a division below us at the time. What a crap performance by us, in that case (as if we didn't already know!).

It was but they ran away with the league that season and scored goals for fun so it was always going to be tight. We should have been good enough to beat them but never turned up until it was too late that day

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Wow, I hadn't even realized that they were a division below us at the time. What a crap performance by us, in that case (as if we didn't already know!).

No. I think that QotS played us very well that day. They closed down Sinclair and O'Donnell very quickly and (recognise the story) we didn't have a plan B. Also, their keeper (Robinson ?) played the penalties very well, even if you don't like his antics.

4 hours ago, BILL.H said:

I'm sure Storer will be suspended.

Storer’s suspension is just for the reserves. Archie saying he will make some changes, he wants to give Scobbie and Mutumbo some game time. He said both Sneddon and Bell have knocks but one of them should be fit. Bannigan won’t be risked as its an astro pitch.Gordon and McCarthy still out.Storey struggling with a knock aswell.

I’ll go for

Bell

Elliott

Keown

Scobbie

Melbourne

Penrice

Slater

Fitzpatrick

Storer

Mutumbo

Doolan

Edited by jags on tour

If Fitzpatrick doesn’t start we may as well send him on loan for the season, then give him to Celtic for a development fee without him ever starting a league game for us.

Really, what is the risk in playing this lad? He’s been brilliant in his cameos. I’m not saying he should be playing every week but Spittal’s been rank for months and starts every game. 

Cmon Archie, let’s see some thrills!

2 hours ago, jags on tour said:

Storer’s suspension is just for the reserves. Archie saying he will make some changes, he wants to give Scobbie and Mutumbo some game time. He said both Sneddon and Bell have knocks but one of them should be fit. Bannigan won’t be risked as its an astro pitch.Gordon and McCarthy still out.Storey struggling with a knock aswell.

I’ll go for

Bell

Elliott

Keown

Scobbie

Melbourne

Penrice

Slater

Fitzpatrick

Storer

Mutumbo

Doolan

That’s a better line-up. Let Fitzpatrick loose on them 

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

No. I think that QotS played us very well that day. They closed down Sinclair and O'Donnell very quickly and (recognise the story) we didn't have a plan B. Also, their keeper (Robinson ?) played the penalties very well, even if you don't like his antics.

And they had a nice sneaky foul early on that more or less took Erskine out of the game

• Like 1