East Fife away

That 1 jags fan

I'm an Archie fan and always will be. I often defended him and obviously we were right to stick with him through the odd tough run over the past few years. He's been a successfulThistle manager and I would continue to defend him against some of the disrespectful and at times vitriolic stuff that you see on here.

But i said least season that if we got relegated there would be a decision to be made. Obviously the decision went the way it went. I was 50-50 on that, but happy enough to see the Jags making what was the less obvious choice. But again, we're at a point where a decision will have to be made.  Don't think continuing the way we are, winning the odd game, is going to be enough. I think it's going to take a real upturn or his time will be up, and it might be for the best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

The interviewer on Jagzone just said the good thing about being out the cup is we can concentrate on the league! FFS! We’ve just lost to a lower league part time team and it’s “good”. Aye right ...

Is that the guy who's the equivalent of the North Korean newsreader?

2 hours ago, sandy said:

So we lost in a diddy cup? Not good. But if it means we can focus on moulding a team for the league?

Get a reality check, we played a few young guys today. It’s not the end of the world (as we know it)

Absolutely an abysmal performance today. Little effort no guts no spine . The only guy who played today that won't be a first pick next week was Snedden .. 

32 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

The interviewer on Jagzone just said the good thing about being out the cup is we can concentrate on the league! FFS! We’ve just lost to a lower league part time team and it’s “good”. Aye right ...

How did we go from top 6 to this type of glib nonsense that seems to have spread throughout the club so quickly? An insult to your intelligence.

2 hours ago, sandy said:

So we lost in a diddy cup? Not good. But if it means we can focus on moulding a team for the league?

Get a reality check, we played a few young guys today. It’s not the end of the world (as we know it)

Its not a diddy cup. I want our team to win it. Open your eyes to how inept we are....

3 hours ago, sandy said:

Time you got a reality check. This diddy cup is the only one we’re ever likely to get a chance to win in the future

5 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Probably Dobbie. 20 goals already this season and we get excited when Dools gets double figures for the season! :blink:

This is the kind of stuff that annoys me. Doolan has been in double figures for how many seasons? And playing at a higher level than Stephen Dobbie. And for a team that was unfancied in the premier league. Today's been rubbish, and so has been plenty more over the last eighteen months, but everything isn't so black and white that people have to start diminishing the achievements of a genuine club legend.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Probably Dobbie. 20 goals already this season and we get excited when Dools gets double figures for the season! :blink:

Doolan  is the 3rd top scorer in the all time list of the SPFL Premier league.He is going through a tough spell at the moment.There is a number of teams who would have liked him over the years but luckily for us he is a genuine Thistle man and he has staid with us.

The service to Dools 2nd half was dreadful. 1st half the front 3 we’re in the game and playing well because they were receiving in space.

Not sure whether EF changed shape at half time but our midfield folded totally. Ntambwe and Slater kept passing to Fitzpatrick with 3 men round him and the other 2 got nothing at all. Matters of course deteriorated when Spittal came on by sure as fate he’ll start next week.

Centre halfs were rag dolled by 2 farmers. Scobbie! OMG

1 hour ago, allyo said:

This is the kind of stuff that annoys me. Doolan has been in double figures for how many seasons? And playing at a higher level than Stephen Dobbie. And for a team that was unfancied in the premier league. Today's been rubbish, and so has been plenty more over the last eighteen months, but everything isn't so black and white that people have to start diminishing the achievements of a genuine club legend.

Why? I’m stating a fact! I love Dools, but how many has he scored this season? Forgetting last week I would have expected him to have scored a few already but it hasn’t happened. Dobbie scored more than 50 in the last 2 seasons plus the aforementioned 20 this season already.  And I was responding to the suggestion that Shankland is the current best striker in our league

Edited by jaggy

4 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

The service to Dools 2nd half was dreadful. 1st half the front 3 we’re in the game and playing well because they were receiving in space.

Not sure whether EF changed shape at half time but our midfield folded totally. Ntambwe and Slater kept passing to Fitzpatrick with 3 men round him and the other 2 got nothing at all. Matters of course deteriorated when Spittal came on by sure as fate he’ll start next week.

Centre halfs were rag dolled by 2 farmers. Scobbie! OMG

Not trying to defend Spittal, too hard a task, but to suggest that our play deteriorated because he was introduced is being more than a tad disingenuous.  But that aside if a scapegoat is required you bid Spittal and I'll raise you with Erskine. The latter contributed next to nothing during his 20 odd mins. Neither of course are any more guilty than just about anyone in a  jags shirt today.

Also I agree with your first sentence but I'd turn it round to say that Doolan had a poor first half (assist aside) as he wasn't an isolated figure during that spell. Sadly today was just another example of us not capitalising when we were on top. If forced I'd say losing two goals to East Fife isn't as bad as only scoring one goal against them. 

And just to try and make myself feel better, and hopefully others, this really is a diddy competition in so much it's plain daft. Colt sides playing each other, Dunfermline thousands of quid out of pocket re their tie and Livingston Colts traveling to the West of Ireland.  Neil Doncaster & Co continue to excel in mismanagement.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Doolan  is the 3rd top scorer in the all time list of the SPFL Premier league.He is going through a tough spell at the moment.There is a number of teams who would have liked him over the years but luckily for us he is a genuine Thistle man and he has staid with us.

Totally agree AJ, but we need a lot more than 10 goals from him this season to be anywhere near competing

42 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Why? I’m stating a fact! I love Dools, but how many has he scored this season? Forgetting last week I would have expected him to have scored a few already but it hasn’t happened. Dobbie scored more than 50 in the last 2 seasons plus the aforementioned 20 this season already.  And I was responding to the suggestion that Shankland is the current best striker in our league

Ok. I mean fair enough, 20 goals this season already is pretty amazing. I just don't think Kris Doolan should be undermined. His record speaks for itself.

3 hours ago, allyo said:

I'm an Archie fan and always will be. I often defended him and obviously we were right to stick with him through the odd tough run over the past few years. He's been a successfulThistle manager and I would continue to defend him against some of the disrespectful and at times vitriolic stuff that you see on here.

But i said least season that if we got relegated there would be a decision to be made. Obviously the decision went the way it went. I was 50-50 on that, but happy enough to see the Jags making what was the less obvious choice. But again, we're at a point where a decision will have to be made.  Don't think continuing the way we are, winning the odd game, is going to be enough. I think it's going to take a real upturn or his time will be up, and it might be for the best.

Archibald hovered up the work of McNamara. Jackie built the team that this F*@King Clown got the credit for...............F*@k me..............Archie fan????????. I'm only interested in PARTICK THISTLE..... 

I think the most worrying thing about yesterday was that East Fife actually deserved to win the game. They were the better team in the 2nd half and I can't remember us having a shot on target apart from the goal. Even that was a tad fortunate with the touch off the defender helping the ball go in.

Far from it being a great performance, I felt we we were pretty much in control in the first half. East Fife came out with more fight after the break and we were unable to respond. For me, things changed at the first substitution. Storer being replaced in central midfield by Spittal was a big mistake and we paid for it. I think Storer plays too deep but he was the only one willing to put his foot on the ball and showed for it all the time. Slater and Ntambwe were rotten.

I'm very concerned about Elliott's form. I don't know if the captaincy is too much weight on his shoulders but he has been really poor so far this season and we don't have a decent option to replace him in the team.

The stats will show how many shots we have had on goal in the last 18 months and it must be attributed to our style of football. We create very little and our play is laboured and pedestrian. It really isn't good to watch. 

With regards to the manager, I agree with most that we need a change. That is not going to happen though and as I've said before, we are stuck with him. Things may turn for the better once we get some of the players that didn't play yesterday back in the team but we will still line up and play the same way.

Some of the abuse getting spouted to Archie at full time yesterday was pretty horrible and not a route I would go down. I can completely understand how angry fans are but to personally attack him the way some did yesterday wasn't nice to hear. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jag said:

I think the most worrying thing about yesterday was that East Fife actually deserved to win the game. They were the better team in the 2nd half and I can't remember us having a shot on target apart from the goal. Even that was a tad fortunate with the touch off the defender helping the ball go in.

Far from it being a great performance, I felt we we were pretty much in control in the first half. East Fife came out with more fight after the break and we were unable to respond. For me, things changed at the first substitution. Storer being replaced in central midfield by Spittal was a big mistake and we paid for it. I think Storer plays too deep but he was the only one willing to put his foot on the ball and showed for it all the time. Slater and Ntambwe were rotten.

I'm very concerned about Elliott's form. I don't know if the captaincy is too much weight on his shoulders but he has been really poor so far this season and we don't have a decent option to replace him in the team.

The stats will show how many shots we have had on goal in the last 18 months and it must be attributed to our style of football. We create very little and our play is laboured and pedestrian. It really isn't good to watch. 

With regards to the manager, I agree with most that we need a change. That is not going to happen though and as I've said before, we are stuck with him. Things may turn for the better once we get some of the players that didn't play yesterday back in the team but we will still line up and play the same way.

Some of the abuse getting spouted to Archie at full time yesterday was pretty horrible and not a route I would go down. I can completely understand how angry fans are but to personally attack him the way some did yesterday wasn't nice to hear. 

I agree with all of this.

The Storer substitution was bizarre. He was the only midfielder who was competent. He was hitting some beautiful passes. But he needs to get more involved. He doesn’t do much running about or make himself available enough. And I would like to see him enjoying his football rather than playing with a scowl.  He has ability but this guy needs technical and mental coaching to become an asset.

Just altogether a horrible day.  Up there with 4-0 at Dingwall and Livi games.

Elliot is never a right back.

Keowns distribution and positioning was woeful.

Penrice had worst game in Jags jersey.

Doolan and Erskine are off the boil and have been for some time.

Spittal is not someone to come off bench when we are in trouble.

It wasn’t a jammy win at all for them, we were out-thought and out-fought by team propping up League1 whose last home game was 3-0 defeat to team managed by Dick Campbell.  Away days are expensive and for last 18months or so have generally been bleak affairs.  Atmosphere at end was toxic and can’t really blame peoples frustrations boiling over although was not pleasant especially with so many kids in crowd.

“Something is rotten in the state of Denmark”