Challenge Cup

thebiglemon

8 hours ago, thebiglemon said:

My eye has been off the ball I guess but to decided to see if we had a game tomorrow, with the international break n'all you never know.

So what is the deal with the challenge cup? Boreham Wood?? Sutton United?? Sligo?? Connah's Nomads??

Are they trying to make a shit competition even shitter

The Welsh came in last year. SPFL decided to make it a 'British Challenge Cup.

13 hours ago, thebiglemon said:

My eye has been off the ball I guess but to decided to see if we had a game tomorrow, with the international break n'all you never know.

So what is the deal with the challenge cup? Boreham Wood?? Sutton United?? Sligo?? Connah's Nomads??

Are they trying to make a shit competition even shitter

Personally I'd love to see Thistle playing different teams at new venues but if playing Ayr 6 times a year floats your boat fill your boots.

I agree it's peesh but...........imagine we get to a final v's an english welsh or irish club and it were away.........great wee trip. That said i expect the venue for the final will be brechin or albion or some other eventless trip

From the Jagzone highlights (or what I can make out without a magnifying glass): some slick moves and one-touch stuff from Thistle especially in the first half..... but the East Fife keeper didn't have a single save to make, whereas Sneddon had to pull off several good saves to keep us in the game. Comical defending for both their goals.

There are several serious problems that need to be addressed in our team.

Is that East Fife's home top? If so, when did they stop playing in yellow and gold? 

Fair point Jaggernaut.  I wondered that too.  Their web site and programme are still essentially black and gold themed.

As with Ayr, Dundee United and now East Fife, I came away wondering if the opposition goalkeeper was any good.  We'll never know.  They had virtually nothing to do in 270 mins of football except take goal kicks.

Edited by a f kincaid