Archie, just resign, thanks for your service.

Prince of Partick

10 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

He has a mortgage to pay and we are the only place where he would ever be able to continue a career in football

1 hour ago, Prince of Partick said:

Archie,

Do the right thing

Thanks

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

He won't.

10 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

He has a mortgage to pay

Of course he won't...and why should he?

I know I wouldn't if I signed an employment contract...Would you?

Now, if my employer wants to buy me out of said contract, I'm listening.

I had been led down the garden path..... At first I had my doubts after the anger of the Livingston games and following relegation .... (Shudder)

But then I was swept up with the pish from Beattie about the competitive budget that will fully match our aspirations... That Archie was still the best man for the job. 

And then with the signing of Tam O'wear I was made feel more optimistic and with the season approaching confident.

But performances have been so poor, then Tam O'wear is out for the rest of the season. 

And then today's line from Archie about East Fife having more fight and desire and wanting it more.... And we can't complain about losing this one. 

Yes we can...its your responsibility to get the players up for the game. To make them show desire and fight.... Motivated. 

Edited by TartanC4
  • Like 1

You can’t blame Archie for not resigning - which of us would voluntarily give up our job without knowing where next pay is coming from?

The Board are equally if not more culpable here :-

The time to act was after the Livi games.

Competive Budget - looks nonsense.

Act now - new man can’t sign anyone till January.

How many of this squad would you genuinely keep if you’re the new boss? Hence choice likely to be more limited than it was 8 - 10 weeks ago.

Ten+ transfer windows - STILL no proven striker other than Dools who himself is struggling

The biggest worry for me is that apathy is replacing anger - when people start to stop caring that’s when you have real problems amongst a dwindling support.

Edited by sick in the basin
  • Like 1

I think the budget has actually been very generous this season

We will have a budget that is certainly in the top 3 in the league and have a squad of players many of whom would be regulars in the Premiership, including ones we signed this summer.

We also have a large number of players on 1 year only contracts; I really worry where we will be in May if we fail to win promotion, having to do a similarly sized rebuild job but with a significantly reduced budget. 

I think the time to act was post-Livi (well actually well before).

Having seen how we struggled last season without a left back, I do find it a bit worrying the we've gone into this season with so little cover at right back. Maybe that's just the reality of the Championship. When I think of our promotion season, I don't think we had direct cover for every position.

September and we  are signing players...............FFSake.................this is how bad he is. Once the last ball is kicked he should be planning and have his squad in place. McNamara built the team that this F*'king mug got the credit for. He has no clue, just an agents dream to punt there sore heid. If action is not taken quickly we are in trouble, that is why I say sake the board. They obviously have no ambition for my club. Come back Jackie, rebuild the dream.

Archibald................................F*@k OFF 

8 hours ago, allyo said:

Having seen how we struggled last season without a left back, I do find it a bit worrying the we've gone into this season with so little cover at right back. Maybe that's just the reality of the Championship. When I think of our promotion season, I don't think we had direct cover for every position.

Yes we did.

GK: Fox and Scully, later Graeme Smith

LB: Sinclair with Archie or Bannigan as cover and McNamara still technically registered as a player in the event of injury, and later briefly McMillan

CB, Balatoni, Muirhead, Archibald, briefly Dowie and a hint of Lindsay coming up the youth ranks

RB: O’Donnell, Paton and briefly McMillan

DM: Paton, Murray, Rowson

CM: Bannigan, Forbes, Welsh

AM: Lawless, Erskine, Craigen

ST: Doolan, Craig, McGuigan

******* anywhere: Christie Elliott

The squad balance was at its worst that year for a position in which we had a bright and energetic and youthful starter with, if it came to it, an actual literal former Scotland international able to step in and cover.

This year we have a mid career jack-of-all-trades at RB who can maybe be covered in an absolute emergency by Keown if we then play a Dundee youth player or a Dundee United reserve bombscare in defence.

The two situations are not comparable.

What you've demonstrated, with the bit of revised history, is that in the promotion season we were always able to re-jig things, not that we had direct replacements available. I think in terms of cover at full back the two situations are comparable.

McNamara was finished and Archie didn't have the legs to be a full back. My recollection is that Bannigan had to cover left back early season, denying us an important player in the centre, but doing it pretty effectively. At right back we had more of a problem, and when O'Donnell was out we tried Muirhead and Welsh, both looking ineffective while also disrupting the team. It coincided with our worst results and was only addressed when Archibald came in and signed McMillan.

Im not comparing the squads for quality, and I'm not saying that the right back situation doesn't concern me (particularly as I think Elliott has been struggling since his Ayr United disaster). I'm only suggesting that while Premier teams can expect direct replacements through the team,  Championship teams often have to make do and be more flexible.

11 hours ago, sabbath said:

September and we  are signing players...............FFSake.................this is how bad he is. Once the last ball is kicked he should be planning and have his squad in place. McNamara built the team that this F*'king mug got the credit for. He has no clue, just an agents dream to punt there sore heid. If action is not taken quickly we are in trouble, that is why I say sake the board. They obviously have no ambition for my club. Come back Jackie, rebuild the dream.

Who have we signed?

11 hours ago, sabbath said:

Ratnamara can stay away

12 hours ago, sabbath said:

Do you not give McCall any credit for signing so many of these players?

McNamara was a busted flush, his outcomes at DU and York proved that. McCall had an eye for talent, but without Bobbie Dinnie it would have been predominately of the equine variety.

Archie took foundations and built on them. Cut him some slack; he got us promoted and we stayed up for 5 years. He can do this again. 

Short-term thinking doesn’t bring success 

30 minutes ago, sandy said:

McNamara was a busted flush, his outcomes at DU and York proved that. McCall had an eye for talent, but without Bobbie Dinnie it would have been predominately of the equine variety.

Archie took foundations and built on them. Cut him some slack; he got us promoted and we stayed up for 5 years. He can do this again. 

Agree with a lot of this. But I don't think we can be accused of short term thinking.Since we got top 6 ,there has been a dramatic decline in our form.. We need to improve our away form and keep our home form in the league.Another big game and test this Saturday. I would also add I think our management team has been cut a lot of slack. Cant think of many other teams they wouldn't have been shown the door after being relegated.Just hope it works out.

Edited by Auld Jag

27 minutes ago, sandy said:

He couldn't beat Livi over 2 games. He couldn't beat East Fife yesterday. Where is this confidence coming from? Blind faith, not facts?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sandy said:

Short term thinking will get us in a relegation battle this season, we’re starting to get into a routine where it’s acceptable to be beaten by East Fife . 

Facts are McNamara turned our drifting club around, instilled a professionalism within the Club , started the Sports Science to help with fitness levels etc. 

He had contacts within football to pick a player , Taylor Sinclair, SODS , Muirhead , Craigen,Scott Fox etc , made Paul Paton into a good holding midfielder instead of a run of the mill full back.

Archie got us over the line and he should get credit for that but it was McNamara’ s team 

As regards Dundee Utd , he signed  Andy Robertson ( whatever happened to him ) His problems started when he lost Robertson, Gault , Armstrong , Mackay Stevens and Cifti almost at the one time , not many teams would have recovered from that .

I would take him back in a minute , despite the circumstances in which he left.

Negativity has set in within the Club and Supporters , it has to be changed.

25 minutes ago, Hankey said:

Someone tell me why a championship club needs three goalkeepers in the first team yet only one right back? 

In case you didn’t notice, one of our goalkeepers got injured on the 1st game of the season and is out for some time yet. We played our 3rd choice that day cause our 1st choice was already injured. That is why we need 3 keepers.

I agree though that we are short at right back, particularly as Elliot has been really poor this season.

16 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Short term thinking will get us in a relegation battle this season, we’re starting to get into a routine where it’s acceptable to be beaten by East Fife . 

Facts are McNamara turned our drifting club around, instilled a professionalism within the Club , started the Sports Science to help with fitness levels etc. 

He had contacts within football to pick a player , Taylor Sinclair, SODS , Muirhead , Craigen,Scott Fox etc , made Paul Paton into a good holding midfielder instead of a run of the mill full back.

Archie got us over the line and he should get credit for that but it was McNamara’ s team 

As regards Dundee Utd , he signed  Andy Robertson ( whatever happened to him ) His problems started when he lost Robertson, Gault , Armstrong , Mackay Stevens and Cifti almost at the one time , not many teams would have recovered from that .

I would take him back in a minute , despite the circumstances in which he left.

Negativity has set in within the Club and Supporters , it has to be changed.

McNamarra did not get us promoted though. Archie didn’t just get us over the line. Under him the team went an 18 game unbeaten league run. 

If you think that Archibald has taken  us on a decline. Look what McNammara did at York - from 4th tier to 6th tier now.

Our situation is worrying and it is probably time for someone new to come in - but please not Jackie McNamarra.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1