Archie, just resign, thanks for your service.

Prince of Partick

22 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

By comparison, Lambie’s final season (largely considered a success) had 10  wins in 41 competitive games (less than 25%)

Also by comparison Lambie kept us up with while Archie took us down also remember that most of those wins where cup games I think we won 7 league games last season and 2 so far this season so you can’t compare it fairly.

19 minutes ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Also by comparison Lambie kept us up with while Archie took us down also remember that most of those wins where cup games I think we won 7 league games last season and 2 so far this season so you can’t compare it fairly.

It was 8 league games in 02/03. And the specific time period attributed to Archibald also includes the post split fixtures  (too half) with an inevitable high likelihood of not winning as we were playing the top 5 only.

Of course the difference is that we stayed up under Lambie-  and if anyone is of the opinion that Archie should have been sacked because we relegated, that’s fair enough. I was simply pointing out the statistics quoted do not really change the argument one way or another.

1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

It was 8 league games in 02/03. And the specific time period attributed to Archibald also includes the post split fixtures  (too half) with an inevitable high likelihood of not winning as we were playing the top 5 only.

Of course the difference is that we stayed up under Lambie-  and if anyone is of the opinion that Archie should have been sacked because we relegated, that’s fair enough. I was simply pointing out the statistics quoted do not really change the argument one way or another.

Fair enough but like Barney said the bottom line is we have been terrible for over a year and we need change now. Also did Lambie not keep us up with a weaker team than Archie’s last season not that it really matters or anything just a thought.

I feel a kind of Bunnetesque era apathy descending over the club at the moment. Is it true that we had only one shot on target against East Fife? If so, then it will surely add to the number of supporters who will simply not turn up at matches, which will contribute even more to the atmosphere of stagnation. Ironically, behind the playing side, the finances appear stable, the training ground and Weir Thistle project are positives. But the first team has been absolutely rank rotten since they reached top six. Yes, some unfortunate injuries haven't helped, but maybe as a result) Archie's "solution" has been to get the team playing turgid football that many supporters liken to the Dick Campbell era. The stats show that Archie's solution has and continues to fail. The Board back then realized that football under the Bunnet was not "the Partick Thistle way." How much longer until the current Board arrives at the same conclusion?

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Is it true that we had only one shot on target against East Fife? If so, then it will surely add to the number of supporters who will simply not turn up at matches, which will contribute even more to the atmosphere of stagnation.

I noted towards the end of the game that after it went to 2-1, East Fife were still breaking with more intent and in greater numbers than we were getting forward and we were chasing the game!

9 hours ago, jaf said:

I noted towards the end of the game that after it went to 2-1, East Fife were still breaking with more intent and in greater numbers than we were getting forward and we were chasing the game!

Wasn't there but from watching the highlights on jagzone looked that way. In fact the highlights could have been put together by East Fife.

Also noticed that following his nice flick for the assist, Dools stopped and there was only Mutombo going towards the box. Had the deflection come back out the move would have been over.

26 minutes ago, scotty said:

Wasn't there but from watching the highlights on jagzone looked that way. In fact the highlights could have been put together by East Fife.

Also noticed that following his nice flick for the assist, Dools stopped and there was only Mutombo going towards the box. Had the deflection come back out the move would have been over.

I was really surprised when the game ended. Maybe there have been some injuries, disallowed goals, time-wasting etc in previous weeks which have taken us past 4.50pm. This one seemed to end approximately 4.45pm. 

My point is that normally in the last 5 minutes of a cup tie, even if a losing team has played  badly up to that point, they will dig up some momentum and energy, and go for it. Centre halves are stuck up front as strikers, the ball is hoofed goalwards and generally players run about madly. I did not sense any of that, which was why I genuinely thought that there was still 5 minutes left, and that last desperate push was about to come.

17 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I was really surprised when the game ended. Maybe there have been some injuries, disallowed goals, time-wasting etc in previous weeks which have taken us past 4.50pm. This one seemed to end approximately 4.45pm. 

My point is that normally in the last 5 minutes of a cup tie, even if a losing team has played  badly up to that point, they will dig up some momentum and energy, and go for it. Centre halves are stuck up front as strikers, the ball is hoofed goalwards and generally players run about madly. I did not sense any of that, which was why I genuinely thought that there was still 5 minutes left, and that last desperate push was about to come.

This is a fair shout.  Noticed only Tam Scobbie was shouting at Keown to launch it and get forward, rest of team were playing game out as if 2nd leg applied.  As for reserve game today, least said.

15 minutes ago, scotty said:

'I wonder, considering the squad is so thinly spread that we couldn't put out any subs for today's reserve game, if the club had decided that we'd be stretched too far by continuing into the draw for the next round.

That would be a foolhardy view IMO.

1. the fans would probably be more forgiving if we got a wee cup run (even in a diddy cup) and a couple of cool away days to Ireland and Wales.

2. Many of our squad need game time, so the more competitions we are in, the more likely they are to get game time!

We lost for one reason - we were outplayed by a part time team who showed more skill desire fitness and attacking intent. There was no ulterior motive.

3 hours ago, partickthedog said:

We could have 30 mins extra time and still got beat.We did nothing in the 45 mins of the 2nd half  .... No need to prolong the agony......

12 hours ago, jaf said:

That would be a foolhardy view IMO.

1. the fans would probably be more forgiving if we got a wee cup run (even in a diddy cup) and a couple of cool away days to Ireland and Wales.

2. Many of our squad need game time, so the more competitions we are in, the more likely they are to get game time!

We lost for one reason - we were outplayed by a part time team who showed more skill desire fitness and attacking intent. There was no ulterior motive.

1. But we didn't!

2. If they need game time why was the bench empty on Monday?

I do concur with your third point. The fourth -  I will reserve judgement.