Sack the Board

sabbath

Persevering with a dead duck manager. The boardĀ  highlight the fact they have no ambition for the club. The fact that our club is signing players in September clearly shows there is/was no structure in place to move forward.........................We are in potential trouble.................We must find a board to move forward. Ā 

• Like 1

The writing was on the wall, when Beattie resigned, Maxwell got his new job and Archie was not sacked after relegation.

The club neededĀ new blood, the opportunity was there, but the board decided to take the easy option, promote from within and avoid difficult decisions.

Hope the board are listening to the fans, if not the crowds will get even smaller, the players will give up and we will end up relegated again this season.

Jacqui are you listening !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ā 

Ā 

On 09/09/2018 at 1:23 AM, sabbath said:

Persevering with a dead duck manager. The boardĀ  highlight the fact they have no ambition for the club. The fact that our club is signing players in September clearly shows there is/was no structure in place to move forward.........................We are in potential trouble.................We must find a board to move forward. Ā 

Who did we sign in September?

On 9/9/2018 at 1:23 AM, sabbath said:

Don't agree. I get your point and share your frustration.

This board and the last are much more progressive and forward thinking (aye, and ambitious) than most others in scotland. Just look at the plans for a training complex. If it doean't happen in kirkie it will happen elsewhere. Thats hardly lacking ambition.

Miller Reid???? Only ambition was how much money can i squirrel away from the club and tax man for myself.Ā  Oliver / mcmaster were good for saving the club but ambition beyond surviving?

I know you're angry sabbath but come on

what a fickle lot we are.

You mention Miller Reid and I remember at that time in late 1977 we were playing Aberdeen at home to go clear second and (if memory serves) a point off Rangers on top but we'd sold Alan Hansen and the fans were calling for a sacking of the board. Ā This is a constantly recurring and tiresome theme that has no substance to it but I do hope it relieves some of the stress of being a Jags supporter for posters to vent their frustrations.

Only the shareholders have the power to sack the board and the board hold those shares so what you really need to campaign for is for the board to resign but I'm just being pedantic and it's not going to happen.

We have the best people in place today than we've had in my many years as a supporter.

Ā 

(oh, and DougieĀ Somner rose like a Harrier Jump Jet to head Thistle into a one goal victory and both points by the way and we all went home happy)Ā :fan:

Ā 

• Like 2

Leaping Sammon conjures images of flailing and flapping against the flow and natural order; this was a majestic and controlled levitation composed of power and exerting aerial dominance - altogether a different form of aerial threat. Ā ExaltedĀ and disciplinedĀ flight suspended in mid air as if time were to stand still,Ā where a return to earth was only possible after the neck and head, with landing gear splayed for balance,Ā had powered the bladder to the back of the onion bag. Ā 

To be honest Connor always looked to me as though someone had pegged his boot laces to the ground when he tried to jump and only because he was a big lump of a lad did he ever got in the way of a defender to blunder an attack.

(BTW The Sack The Board committee re-convened again after the announcement that said JumpJet had been sold to St Midden for Ā£100,000)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlgarveJag said:

Leaping Sammon conjures images of flailing and flapping against the flow and natural order; this was a majestic and controlled levitation composed of power and exerting aerial dominance - altogether a different form of aerial threat. Ā ExaltedĀ and disciplinedĀ flight suspended in mid air as if time were to stand still,Ā where a return to earth was only possible after the neck and head, with landing gear splayed for balance,Ā had powered the bladder to the back of the onion bag. Ā 

To be honest Connor always looked to me as though someone had pegged his boot laces to the ground when he tried to jump and only because he was a big lump of a lad did he ever got in the way of a defender to blunder an attack.

(BTW The Sack The Board committee re-convened again after the announcement that said JumpJet had been sold to St Midden for Ā£100,000)

I was there that day. It was a majestic goal. And Jim Melrose had a wonder strike chopped off. 15000 there that day.

22 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Don't agree. I get your point and share your frustration.

This board and the last are much more progressive and forward thinking (aye, and ambitious) than most others in scotland. Just look at the plans for a training complex. If it doean't happen in kirkie it will happen elsewhere. Thats hardly lacking ambition.

Miller Reid???? Only ambition was how much money can i squirrel away from the club and tax man for myself.Ā  Oliver / mcmaster were good for saving the club but ambition beyond surviving?

I know you're angry sabbath but come on

Do you think we would be getting a training ground, or having a meaningful academy, if Colin & Christine Weir had not won the Euromillions?

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2018 at 2:12 PM, flashman said:

Do you think we would be getting a training ground, or having a meaningful academy, if Colin & Christine Weir had not won the Euromillions?

Course not. Are you saying it's all TBC's. It's a partnership. Do you not know how boards of directors at companiesvwork? It's about taling, sourcing funds/support etc.

Just cos TBC funds the training ground doesn't make the board unambitious. Don't misinterprate my post, i'm not supportivebofbthe board. Ambivilant? I'm only saying i dont agree with sabbath that they aren't ambitious, thasall.

29 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Course not. Are you saying it's all TBC's. It's a partnership. Do you not know how boards of directors at companiesvwork? It's about taling, sourcing funds/support etc.

Just cos TBC funds the training ground doesn't make the board unambitious. Don't misinterprate my post, i'm not supportivebofbthe board. Ambivilant? I'm only saying i dont agree with sabbath that they aren't ambitious, thasall.

I would say That they showed a distinct lack of ambition by retaining Archibald as manager, which, week by week is looking a distinctly clueless decision.