Archie...then or now?

thistle4celtic1

Wonder if the outrage directed towards Archie now is greater or less than it would have been  had taken the superior job offer (Shrewsbury or Rotherham was it??) around the time Liam left.

Either way, if I'm AA and I turned down a substantial wage increase to stay, influenced by my "loyalty" to Thistle, then I'm not going anywhere unless you compensate me.

Can’t believe there was a single fan who wasn’t glad when Archie stayed on in Summer 17.  The start to this season has certainly not been outstanding but neither has it been abysmal and some of the performances have been encouraging . The tolerance for poor results amongst the posters on the forums is very low currently as a result of relegation last year. But i think we need to be careful what we wish for - sandy Clark, Murdo McLeod, John Mcveigh, Tommy Bryce, dick Campbell, Gerry Collins, Derek whyte- change is no guarantee of success. 

Edited by ironfist
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Can’t believe there was a single fan who wasn’t glad when Archie stayed on in Summer 17.  The start to this season has certainly not been outstanding but neither has it been abysmal and some of the performances have been encouraging . The tolerance for poor results amongst the posters on the forums is very low currently as a result of relegation last year. But i think we need to be careful what we wish for - sandy Clark, Murdo McLeod, John Mcveigh, Tommy Bryce, dick Campbell, Gerry Collins, Derek whyte- change is no guarantee of success. 

Take it you didn’t watch us at Ayr United , Dundee Utd or Methil yesterday 

We hardly competed in any of these games this season so where does the positivity come from ?

One thing that does frustrate me is how after our 2 league wins there is for that week no mention of Archie’s head and as soon as we lose the pitch forks are out. I agree that Archie should go but I find it extremely frustrating how it flares up and down from 0-100 every Saturday. If you want him gone don’t go silent every time we scrape a 1-0 home win at Firhill then come back out all guns blazing the next week as if that 1-0 win the previous week had changed anything.

Edited by HeWearsNumber9
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Take it you didn’t watch us at Ayr United , Dundee Utd or Methil yesterday 

We hardly competed in any of these games this season so where does the positivity come from ?

I didn’t, and by all accounts poor performances and disappointing results. I have seen every home game though, and thought we were decent twice against Morton, Falkirk and Celtic. I think squad looks decent now and return of bannigan will lift the team hugely. 

7 hours ago, ironfist said:

Yes just skip over last season when he got us relegated 

3 hours ago, ironfist said:

Not skipping over it at all- I said tolerance of poor results is low as a result of relegation- as is good will towards Archie. There’s no saying replacing Archie is a sure fire way to make things better. 

Good luck putting forward a balanced argument in this place.

You're with us or against us.

The choice is clear, you either find that consistent non-football acceptable and go to the games or you find it totally unacceptable and find something else to do on a Saturday apart from tear your eyes out between 3 and 5. Does the club believe our long suffering support enjoy being mentally exhausted? Just when you hope one win is the spark to turn things round, we get knocked back to reality with an uninspiring defeat. The last league game I seen us win was against dundee circa christmas 2016 and Ive attended 21 games since!!! Nearly 2 years later im wondering if ill be lucky to witness another victory again.

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

The choice is clear, you either find that consistent non-football acceptable and go to the games or you find it totally unacceptable and find something else to do on a Saturday apart from tear your eyes out between 3 and 5. Does the club believe our long suffering support enjoy being mentally exhausted? Just when you hope one win is the spark to turn things round, we get knocked back to reality with an uninspiring defeat. The last league game I seen us win was against dundee circa christmas 2016 and Ive attended 21 games since!!! Nearly 2 years later im wondering if ill be lucky to witness another victory again.

Have you been this season, yet . If you have, I guess you are really unlucky, as I think we have won 6 and lost 5. Even just counting league games it is 2 and 2

2 hours ago, MonehJags said:

jinx