RESERVE LEAGUE CUP

a f kincaid

7 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

You have to worry about the Structure of our club right now deeply. Right from the bottom to the top.

The way it’s been set up , think we’ve got 5/6 signed reserve players signed up , the rest of the team for the reserves are made up either from players from the first team or some of the 18s who don’t get paid at all and aren’t even on expenses contracts. Not sure how they expect commitment from up and coming players if they don’t commit to some sort of recompense.

In my opinion unless PTFC  don’t take this seriously it just becomes a hobby for some of these young players as they’ve got to earn a living elsewhere, so much for developing young players 

Training Academy 

Really ?

Footnote, because the 18 s team is supplemented with 15 and 16 year olds , they unfortunately can’t play for the reserve team which is one of the reasons we couldn’t fill the bench today 

A mess 

Edited by jlsarmy

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

We have 20 registered 1st team out field players, are all but those 13 used on Saturday injured?

Take out the 13 who played on Saturday, minus oware and shea gordan who are injured. Leaves 5 take out bannigan and quintongo who wont play as its a plastic park leaves

McCarthy - is he fit

Storey- missed Saturday

Melbourne- missed Saturday as well 

So no one really missing out I think

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

The way it’s been set up , think we’ve got 5/6 signed reserve players signed up , the rest of the team for the reserves are made up either from players from the first team or some of the 18s who don’t get paid at all and aren’t even on expenses contracts. Not sure how they expect commitment from up and coming players if they don’t commit to some sort of recompense.

In my opinion unless PTFC  don’t take this seriously it just becomes a hobby for some of these young players as they’ve got to earn a living elsewhere, so much for developing young players 

Training Academy 

Really ?

Footnote, because the 18 s team is supplemented with 15 and 16 year olds , they unfortunately can’t play for the reserve team which is one of the reasons we couldn’t fill the bench today 

A mess 

Regarding the training ground, the last I heard it would be finished in July. That seems very optimistic given that absolutely nothing has started yet on that piece of land

4 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Regarding the training ground, the last I heard it would be finished in July. That seems very optimistic given that absolutely nothing has started yet on that piece of land

Surely cutting grass, painting a couple of lines on it, jerseys for goal posts and putting up a wooden hut wouldn't take that long?

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Surely cutting grass, painting a couple of lines on it, jerseys for goal posts and putting up a wooden hut wouldn't take that long?

7 hours ago, MonehJags said:

They'll need to remove the concrete blocks at the entrance before they can even get in.

I have no problem with a slow start and delays to this project. 

Ofnyoubtecall when it was announced it was said Archie would have input into aspects of this. 

All his efforts should presently be on performance improvement of the squad and coaching, not design of training pitches. 

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

We are still going to have to train somewhere, though

and by having our 'own' facility we wont have to pay rent for all the facilities the teams from the 1st team down to the academy teams use, I believe GB said somewhere the annual costs would be comparable or slightly cheaper renting/leasing the new facility

10 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I am not sure I understand this. Do you mean once it is built ? Why won’t they be able to afford it ?

There are answers to this below  above. But  for us to have exclusive use we'd need to be prepared to pay enough rent to make a training facility viable. If we slip any further down and continue to lose support, how do you think we could do this?

Edited by scotty