Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
stuart_adam

Chief exec update

Recommended Posts

May I just say. What a pile of crap.

”Streamline our focus on the league”

Trying to make a positive spin from the weekend is absolutely horrible.

And again to ask for a positive backing?! What the hell do they expect?

I cant see Archie going anytime soon as he appears to have the full backing of the board.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what was that all about ?

bloody hell if that's the best that comes out of firhill from our ceo,  imo we are stuffed good and proper

that was embarrassing

maybe we should get a couple of supporters on and let's hear their views on the season so far!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was pretty sad. For eighteen months we have been deteriorating and nothing seems to be getting done to address this. We are now as poor as we were last season, only with a different set of players. I KNOW we have players to come back from injury or are being saved from further damage on artificial surfaces...... but different players are making the same mistakes as the ones who were here last season.

The Jags just look more or less the same no matter who is wearing the jersies. We are tired and jaded and the finger can only be pointed in one direction, and THAT pains me.

Just as an example and a question I really WOULD like answered. Why do we never show any threat from set plays and why are we so bad at defending them?

I could go on but I am fed up asking the same questions week after week. When was the last time anything a bit creative was seen being done by Thistle at a corner or free kick? If there have been things tried I must have missed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stuart_adam said:

May I just say. What a pile of crap.

”Streamline our focus on the league”

Trying to make a positive spin from the weekend is absolutely horrible.

And again to ask for a positive backing?! What the hell do they expect?

I cant see Archie going anytime soon as he appears to have the full backing of the board.

 

 

I don’t think he said anywhere “support Archie”. However, he did mention the younger players and in particular Aiden Fitzpatrick. I took it that he was asking the supporters not take out our frustration on the young players. 

In the 1st half, Fitzpatrick was having a go. In the 2nd, as the fans started venting frustration, he went into a shell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm for the setup we have but I'm not thick and I feel gerry comes across as if I must be dumb enough to accept that mince. Clap and cheer the team.  I never booed at east Fife but I can see people's point of view. It isn't good enough. There was no news in that update and felt his chat about the fans is the 4th time I've heard him say it. His chat is as old as the ideas we utilise on the pitch. I'm not an archie in or out I'm just getting tired of the stale approach. Feel we have solid foundations but something needs to give the club a kick up the arse 

Edited by Dweazel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I don’t think he said anywhere “support Archie”. However, he did mention the younger players and in particular Aiden Fitzpatrick. I took it that he was asking the supporters not take out our frustration on the young players. 

In the 1st half, Fitzpatrick was having a go. In the 2nd, as the fans started venting frustration, he went into a shell. 

If he can't rise above abuse from fans then in the current environment he'll be in a shell longer than a giant ostrich chick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

If he can't rise above abuse from fans then in the current environment he'll be in a shell longer than a giant ostrich chick.

I get what you are saying,  but he’s only 17 I doubt he’s had that many people on his back plus the fact that he had a poor second half before the fans got on his case didt help not saying he is immune to crstisicm however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, That 1 jags fan said:

I get what you are saying,  but he’s only 17 I doubt he’s had that many people on his back plus the fact that he had a poor second half before the fans got on his case didt help not saying he is immune to crstisicm however.

This is where the dificulty lies in saying that someone's good enough so therefore is old enough. They may have the skills to play with adults but have they the maturity to cope with all the attention that being a professional footballer comes with?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

If he can't rise above abuse from fans then in the current environment he'll be in a shell longer than a giant ostrich chick.

He is only 17 years old for goodness sake !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the manager doesn't feel the need to apologise for Saturday and neither does the Chief Exec.

This "we can concentrate on the league" is a complete smokescreen designed to make us forget the shambles that was Saturday. It's quite clear, and has been for some time, that Archibald is bulletproof. Gerry's on thin ice with the comments about the fans. We've had to suffer 18 months of absolute guff and he expects us to sit and clap and cheer for 90 minutes each game regardless of what's happening on the pitch. They're acting as if all is golden. 

Edited by Big Col

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jagfaelivi said:

Just as an example and a question I really WOULD like answered. Why do we never show any threat from set plays and why are we so bad at defending them?

 

You'd like the Chief Executive to tell us why we are bad at set plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jagfaelivi said:

Just as an example and a question I really WOULD like answered. Why do we never show any threat from set plays and why are we so bad at defending them?

 

10 minutes ago, allyo said:

You'd like the Chief Executive to tell us why we are bad at set plays?

I'd have thought the answer was blatantly obvious. Our previous Chief Exec was a defender . Gerry was a ******* forward.

 

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking seriously about giving up on Jagszone.

Poor Graham is only allowed to ask general questions, and not get into specifics.

1. What is the status of our marquee signing.

2. How long are our board going to give our management team to turn things round.

3. What is the status of our new training facilty 

4.  When can we expect our promised new Directors

These are the issues fans want answers to.

We do all want to get behind the team, but ||||||||||||

 

  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Thinking seriously about giving up on Jagszone.

Poor Graham is only allowed to ask general questions, and not get into specifics.

1. What is the status of our marquee signing.

2. How long are our board going to give our management team to turn things round.

3. What is the status of our new training facilty 

4.  When can we expect our promised new Directors

These are the issues fans want answers to.

We do all want to get behind the team, but ||||||||||||

 

  

I cancelled it last night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else think that Gerry going on about concentrating on the League is actually putting more pressure on  Archie and the team.  He would have been better saying nothing especially as we’ve got a hard game against Inverness on Saturday. Think if we get beat on Saturday his comments will sound ridiculous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Thinking seriously about giving up on Jagszone.

Poor Graham is only allowed to ask general questions, and not get into specifics.

1. What is the status of our marquee signing.

2. How long are our board going to give our management team to turn things round.

3. What is the status of our new training facilty 

4.  When can we expect our promised new Directors

These are the issues fans want answers to.

We do all want to get behind the team, but ||||||||||||

 

  

It's true that the interviews are mostly repetitive, banal affairs with exactly the same questions dusted down for any new signing, or the same scripted ones for Archie after each dismal performance. But the quality of match videos is also very poor compared to those of some other clubs in our division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Thinking seriously about giving up on Jagszone.

Poor Graham is only allowed to ask general questions, and not get into specifics.

1. What is the status of our marquee signing.

2. How long are our board going to give our management team to turn things round.

3. What is the status of our new training facilty 

4.  When can we expect our promised new Directors

These are the issues fans want answers to.

We do all want to get behind the team, but ||||||||||||

 

  

I'm coming from a different angle. I'm not on Jagszone so won't comment about value or quality etc. Certain questions above tho' are general questions and, if ever answered, have no place in an exclusive outlet. Jags fans shouldn't have to pay to hear what is after all salient news about Partick Thistle.

Apart from the obvious (well to me anyway) principle involved there's the PR aspect. PR is much about getting information out in an effective manner to as wide an audience as necessary using a timely efficient route. Sticking it in a medium requiring paid subscription flies in the opposite direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Jagzone quality of content and presentation has definitely deteriorated in the last 12 months. Things on the park and off the park have definitely taken a substantial dip.

To be fair you or I can only compare what's tangible or self evident. Things we don't know about or we're not in a position to measure may well be going full steam. For instance apart from Jagszone I've not heard of other commercial income streams regressing.

More to the point a venture such as Jagszone is a most overt advertisement for the Club. If it's perceived to be substandard, staid or amateurish then, despite all the things behind the scenes the Club may well be getting right, it still reflects poorly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

To be fair you or I can only compare what's tangible or self evident. Things we don't know about or we're not in a position to measure may well be going full steam. For instance apart from Jagszone I've not heard of other commercial income streams regressing.

More to the point a venture such as Jagszone is a most overt advertisement for the Club. If it's perceived to be substandard, staid or amateurish then, despite all the things behind the scenes the Club may well be getting right, it still reflects poorly. 

When I say off the park it is the tangible evidence of things regressing. Archibald still in a job, when our former CEO stated that they wouldn't wait too long to make hard decisions and yet here we are after relegation and a mediocre start to the season amidst another poor recruitment window we still have the same manager. A new CEO, who was given the job , dare I say it, as an old boys act, a new chairman who we don't hear a pipsqueak from. The two updated from the CEO have been pretty grim and coming away with we have a 7 figure budget to sign quality to win the title. Quite frankly, where is the quality? And then an update after the weekends shameful loss at East Fife said nothing we didn't already know. As for implying that at least the cup wouldn't hamper the league campaign is playing lip service to the Fans. I don't remember in our promotion season our run to the Challenge Cup final hamper us. To use Archie's well worn phrase, It's all about momentum.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't expect to hear from the chairman/chairperson and a CEO.

Agree about momentum being greater than the cup being a distraction. I wouldn't tho' use the Challenge Cup final as a good example. I remember being concerned about the Morton game and from what I can mind Morton froze on the night rather than us playing any way near our best football. We certainly struggled to regain anything near our best form in games immediately around that final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I wouldn't expect to hear from the chairman/chairperson and a CEO.

Agree about momentum being greater than the cup being a distraction. I wouldn't tho' use the Challenge Cup final as a good example. I remember being concerned about the Morton game and from what I can mind Morton froze on the night rather than us playing any way near our best football. We certainly struggled to regain anything near our best form in games immediately around that final. 

But we done the business in the end, which says more of the character of the side then. Somehing that is lacking in this side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×