CEO update

javeajag

Another update from Gerry B ....free on club website.....6 minutes that say

we are all disappointed after Saturday but we gave all the squad a run out but now e can focus on the league ( slightly contradictory as we only now have league games till Dec )

we managed to get the squad up to where we want

our goal is to win the league

get behind the team

In other words ....a recognition lots of us are unhappy but don’t talk about the war.....

waste of time ?

Probably. Obviously it's not going to keep people happy if they want the manager sacked. For many people now that is the only thing that will satisfy them.

But they can only sack people if they genuinely think it is the right thing to do, regardless of fans' unrest. So he's kind of in a catch-22.

Maybe good that he is at least trying to communicate, and not hiding away?

Edited by allyo

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

Probably. Obviously it's not going to keep people happy if they want the manager sacked. For many people now that is the only thing that will satisfy them.

But they can only sack people if they genuinely think it is the right thing to do, regardless of fans' unrest. So he's kind of in a catch-22.

Maybe good that he is at least trying to communicate, and not hiding away?

I’m not sure anyone expected him to mention sacking the manger .....but the undercurrent seemed to be ‘ we know it’s not great but get behind the team’......and I think we are a bit beyond that 

part from that it said nothing 

11 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

If you feel the need to make a statement, then that's part of the problem.

Fair comment.

The way round it is for the CEO to make a regular monthly (or even twice monthly) state of play report. On hindsight that's something that would've been worthwhile over the last decade or so. That way it eliminates the "why nows" and the "what's between the lines" that we get when Gerry releases these ad hoc dispatches. 

We do need to improve BUT it’s still early in the season. No one is running away with the league. Every team in the league has been beaten in some competition already. With support can come confidence and form. Archie has demonstrated he can be a good manager, handles himself with dignity and is a good ambassador for the club.  If he goes things may get worse before better. Would you really want a Neil McCann, Alan Stubbs, McNamara, other mercenary behind the wheel? 

• Like 1

I feel we play too 1 dimentional. Passing from side to side too often. Our final third has been poor for some time and I don't think that's down entirely to the players. There's a mentality within the team that instead of going for another after we score we crap ourselves. Morton with that seco d goal I thought we had turned the corner but that first half was poor.  I'm not for seeing him go but there's a complacency/lack of ideas that worry me.  I think we have done well in the transfer dept but things really need to start clicking as the mistakes we made last season continue to rear their head . 

Edited by Dweazel

1 hour ago, ironfist said:

We do need to improve BUT it’s still early in the season. No one is running away with the league. Every team in the league has been beaten in some competition already. With support can come confidence and form. Archie has demonstrated he can be a good manager, handles himself with dignity and is a good ambassador for the club.  If he goes things may get worse before better. Would you really want a Neil McCann, Alan Stubbs, McNamara, other mercenary behind the wheel? 

Archie in his time as manager has always conducted himself with a degree of class that has often escaped his critics.

• Like 2

I thought compared to his previous statements todays offering from Gerry was poor.

To try and convince fed up fans that getting pumped by East Fife is going to be good preparation for league games doesn't make sense.

It smacked of a board under pressure,  drawing lots for some poor unprepared sod to go out and placate the revolting masses.

Gerry has played the game and must know that some of the current offerings on the pitch are unacceptable. There was no real offer of hope just a plea to keep paying cash and cheer on mediocrity.

I like Gerry but like a lot of performances at the club at the moment he must do better!!

Edited by Legs Like A Spider
  • Like 1

Aww Gerry, what are you doing? These interviews are only highlighting the unrest. We outnumbered the east fife support and got hammered but you dont realise the importance of the fans guff blah blah. What did we learn here? Did anyone else feel embarrassed? Its almost like a big brother sticking up for his sibling at school.

By the way, were gonnae win the league. Based on what Gerry?