ICT Away

Jaggernaut

I would agree with your cousin. 

Keown Brice bell and storey all made indinidual errors. That aside, we looked the better team for large spells of the game. 

However :

1 Brice tried his beat a man trick earlier in half and got out of jail. To do it again was lunacy. 

2   The way the heads go down is unacceptable (as I might add is some of the abuse being handed out from the stands To people like Kenny Arthur, and our subs  )

positives ;

1  banzo

2 doolan scored 

3 quitongo

Hopefully the end of the game allows us to take momentum into next week  

it was grim sitting there as the third went in, but overall I have seen many many many worse performances in the last 18 months than that  

8 minutes ago, jim slavin's lunchbox said:

A quote from the manager

“The second half we gave ourselves a mountain to climb and we've done it a couple of times away from home and we can't keep doing it."

Anyone care to refresh my memory when this happened??

The one and only crumb of anything today is that Dools finally got off the mark and is one goal nearer to earning his rightful place as Thistle's second top scorer ever.

7 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Anyone care to refresh my memory when this happened??

The one and only crumb of anything today is that Dools finally got off the mark and is one goal nearer to earning his rightful place as Thistle's second top scorer ever.

I think what he was saying is that there have been a couple of times we have left ourselves a mountain to climb.

1 hour ago, jaf said:

I would agree with your cousin. 

Keown Brice bell and storey all made indinidual errors. That aside, we looked the better team for large spells of the game. 

However :

1 Brice tried his beat a man trick earlier in half and got out of jail. To do it again was lunacy. 

2   The way the heads go down is unacceptable (as I might add is some of the abuse being handed out from the stands To people like Kenny Arthur, and our subs  )

positives ;

1  banzo

2 doolan scored 

3 quitongo

Hopefully the end of the game allows us to take momentum into next week  

it was grim sitting there as the third went in, but overall I have seen many many many worse performances in the last 18 months than that  

Surely Spittal getting a goal as well? More so than quintogo playing who seems to spend half a season getting injured 

just listened to archie on jagzone

it's as if he reading off an auto cue,  same old same old 

we don't seem to learn from the  errors we repeatedly make game after game

promotion this year  forget it

we don't have the type of player in this team to get us out of this division

no passion.  no desire, no leadership, no belief

playing the thistle way     don't think so!

Some of Archibald’s desicons baffle me why dose Spittal start every game* , why sign no right back but have THREE goalkeepers and three left backs , why dose Fitzpatrick warm the bench every week and why oh why is he still our manager.

*I know he scored today but that’s his first goal in eight months and has been no better than Fitzpatrick

• Haha 1

I wasn't at the game today but listened to the commentary on Jagzone while travelling. 

Seems to have been a better performance going forward but individual errors cost us.

Looks like team selection didn't help either. Surely if Bannigan is fit he has to start and I have no idea what Spittal has done to deserve his place in the starting eleven.

1 hour ago, watties wallies said:

just listened to archie on jagzone

it's as if he reading off an auto cue,  same old same old 

we don't seem to learn from the  errors we repeatedly make game after game

promotion this year  forget it

we don't have the type of player in this team to get us out of this division

no passion.  no desire, no leadership, no belief

playing the thistle way     don't think so!

Bannigan, if he keeps free of injuries will be the best player in this league this season. IF.

He controlled the game when he came on. I'm not defending the manager or what the board are up to but we've played much worse this season. 

This group have enough about them to be a good team, a few more games might make a difference. Then again a new manager might also make a difference. 

Thats my last away game until it improves. Pissing good money after bad

Is Storey our designated penalty taker? Seems surprising when he rarely strikes a shot cleanly.

Erskine has scored in at least 2 penalty shoot outs and I think that Banzo may have done so as well.  Penrice and Spittal can both shoot cleanly. I suspect Slater would be OK at penalties.

So was Storey supposed to take it or did he just grab the ball?

4 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

This group have enough about them to be a good team, a few more games might make a difference. 

I take no pleasure from saying it but this squad is deficient in too many areas to be anywhere near good enough to get us out of this league.  They are collectively mentally weak, make too many individual errors,  too many out of form and way too slow in attack to be considered as title challengers. If they can't go up automatically I don't give them any chance in the playoffs.

Regretably I don't see Archie fixing these issues and by the time the board realise this and act it will be too late.

16 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Bannigan, if he keeps free of injuries will be the best player in this league this season. IF.

He controlled the game when he came on. I'm not defending the manager or what the board are up to but we've played much worse this season. 

This group have enough about them to be a good team, a few more games might make a difference. Then again a new manager might also make a difference. 

Thats my last away game until it improves. Pissing good money after bad

If Banzo stays clear of injuries and plays as he can he’ll be gone in January 

50 minutes ago, Metz said:

I take no pleasure from saying it but this squad is deficient in too many areas to be anywhere near good enough to get us out of this league.  They are collectively mentally weak, make too many individual errors,  too many out of form and way too slow in attack to be considered as title challengers. If they can't go up automatically I don't give them any chance in the playoffs.

Regretably I don't see Archie fixing these issues and by the time the board realise this and act it will be too late.

All about opinions metz. I agree with your points about errors and mental weakness but i do think we have some good players who can be very good if they get the right coaching play the right position play the right tactics get game time get results all leading to growing confidence..........IF.

Possibly not under the present management team who are tactically weak and seem to be out of ideas....oh woe is me