ICT Away

Jaggernaut

7 hours ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Some of Archibald’s desicons baffle me why dose Spittal start every game* , why sign no right back but have THREE goalkeepers and three left backs , why dose Fitzpatrick warm the bench every week and why oh why is he still our manager.

*I know he scored today but that’s his first goal in eight months and has been no better than Fitzpatrick

Spittal is not a striker he’s even been played at right back in some games- his goal scoring record is better than storeys for a start 

Just watched the highlights on Jagzone. Looked like one way traffic in the second half and we created plenty chances, which has to be encouraging. It could be argued that ICT took their foot off the gas or that we had to go for it but certainly different from the other away (and possibly home come to think of it) games this season.

Makes you wonder what we could achieve if we didn't always set up so negatively.

Shocking defending for the goals.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

If he gets an offer from a Premiership club he will be off. Bugger any loyalty.

Previously you called him a waste of a wage, now you are questioning his loyalty. Are you trying to drive our best player out of the club.

Please engage brain before you launch personal attacks.

Erty13

• Like 1

Some random thoughts.  In the first 10 mins we had 3 corners, several shots blocked and ICT were hardly out of their own half. They scored with virtually their 1st attack, at which point some bloke behind me shouts at Archie for his tactics "no workin".  Can managers ever win?  The abuse Kenny Arthur got at h-t when he was working with Sneddon was out of order.  Is it his fault  Bell half fisted a corner out to have it returned with interest?   According to the BBC we had 57% of possession, twice as many shots as ITC, 1 more than them on target and 10 corners to their 2.    When it all boils down, the team that has just gone top was no better than us defensively but they took their chances.  It's individual defensive errors and lack of threat up front that are killing us.  The players just aren't good enough but at least, this week, they showed a bit of fight in the 2nd half.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Some random thoughts.  In the first 10 mins we had 3 corners, several shots blocked and ICT were hardly out of their own half. They scored with virtually their 1st attack, at which point some bloke behind me shouts at Archie for his tactics "no workin".  Can managers ever win?  The abuse Kenny Arthur got at h-t when he was working with Sneddon was out of order.  Is it his fault  Bell half fisted a corner out to have it returned with interest?   According to the BBC we had 57% of possession, twice as many shots as ITC, 1 more than them on target and 10 corners to their 2.    When it all boils down, the team that has just gone top was no better than us defensively but they took their chances.  It's individual defensive errors and lack of threat up front that are killing us.  The players just aren't good enough but at least, this week, they showed a bit of fight in the 2nd half.  

Good post but don't agree the players are not good enough. Just my opinion, i think we have signed well for a change. BUT, once again we are on the back foot in terms of how long it takes us close season to make our signings. 

Once again we are still signing players after the season has started. I know it goes with the territory being a smaller club but we've not had a completely settled 1st team one seaaon to the next. Always chopping and changing and last season it caught up with us resulting in us never getting going.

Point is, it's still early days (again) in the new players/new team bonding. Give it another 6 or so games and i believe it will improve. I might be wrong................

Saw the highlights, and once again we get caught gifting goals that wouldn't be tolerated at amateur level. 

The third goal ranks with Christie's effort v Ayr for stupidity in attempting something that would be inadvisable at the best of times.

I understand Thistleberight's point about the new players still having to gel, but it has been a recurring feature under Archie that we never hit any kind of rhythm until October. And last season that rhythm never got to be better than a stutter which led to the ultimate consequences. Had hoped it would have been eradicated with the relegation, but it seems the point about the chopping and changing is once again hampering the team's ability to generate any kind of positive impetus.

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Good post but don't agree the players are not good enough. Just my opinion, i think we have signed well for a change. BUT, once again we are on the back foot in terms of how long it takes us close season to make our signings. 

Once again we are still signing players after the season has started. I know it goes with the territory being a smaller club but we've not had a completely settled 1st team one seaaon to the next. Always chopping and changing and last season it caught up with us resulting in us never getting going.

Point is, it's still early days (again) in the new players/new team bonding. Give it another 6 or so games and i believe it will improve. I might be wrong................

Agree with this. Out of our next 6 games,4 are at home. After that  I think we will know what sort of season we are in for.

3 hours ago, erty13 said:

Previously you called him a waste of a wage, now you are questioning his loyalty. Are you trying to drive our best player out of the club.

Please engage brain before you launch personal attacks.

Erty13

Drive the player out of the club? Oh Yeah! I'm sure he is reading these posts and saying he has to leave because of certain comments fans have made. Regarding engaging your brain? You certainly didn't with this comment.

• Like 1

If Banzo plays well without injury he’ll be offered a contract upgrade we’ll before Christmas which I imagine he would take considering his recent circumstances.

This would be the best scenario for all and may help us with a promotion bid next season assuming we stay up this year.

5 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Drive the player out of the club? Oh Yeah! I'm sure he is reading these posts and saying he has to leave because of certain comments fans have made. Regarding engaging your brain? You certainly didn't with this comment.

It is easy to make big factless statements.  Why don't you speak to Banzo or any one that knows him and you would be aware how he feels about the club and how they have looked after him, rather than spouting out an ill informed opinion again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, erty13 said:

It is easy to make big factless statements.  Why don't you speak to Banzo or any one that knows him and you would be aware how he feels about the club and how they have looked after him, rather than spouting out an ill informed opinion again.

Speak to him? Oh dear! You have lost the plot. This, if you haven't noticed,is a forum about opinions. But you obviously fail to grasp this. If it were up to you we would have to speak to the person(s) involved in a comment to gain permission to post it. Dear oh dear! 

2 hours ago, erty13 said:

erty13, I tend to side with GRE's subsequent comments. This is after all only a forum. Not just that it's a forum where I. you, him/her post under pseudonyms. Undoubtedly there's a few posters on here, for reasons I struggle to understand, who take themselves rather too seriously.  No one involved in this instance but on the question of opinion I'd suggest, albeit completely unscientifically, that virtually all opinions on here are ill informed.

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Speak to him? Oh dear! You have lost the plot. This, if you haven't noticed,is a forum about opinions. But you obviously fail to grasp this. If it were up to you we would have to speak to the person(s) involved in a comment to gain permission to post it. Dear oh dear! 

Now that I know you make everything up, I will not take your comments too seriously.

I've always imagined that many players would read the forum, though they'd obviously be best advised not to. This forum isn't some obscure thing; it's probably the first place you'd go to gauge the opinions of thistle fans. 

If there was a forum about my work, where lots of people shared their opinions about whether they rated us and how we were doing, I think I'd find it quite hard to resist the odd look. And they're only human like the rest of us.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, allyo said:

If there was a forum about my work, where lots of people shared their opinions about whether they rated us and how we were doing, I think I'd find it quite hard to resist the odd look. And they're only human like the rest of us.

There is and you fare not too badly although I am struggling to fill all the places in your work top sponsorship.  :D

• Haha 1

There is something very wrong at the club from top to bottom and something needs to change.

the managers legend status is not in any doubt and as much as it pains me I think, largely for his sake, he should move on.  The atmosphere is toxic in parts of the ground, now numerous fans deciding to stay away until there is change with others wanting protests.  Even if we do go on a run of 3 or 4 games, it’s delaying the inevitable outcry when we hit an opposite run.

I’d love Archie to turn this around, I can’t see it though.  Genuine question, from the team that got promoted, how many players has he signed that were a step up from that team.  I mean if you laid out that squad, in 10 or so transfer windows, where did we improve.  I doubt you’d get more than a handful of players out of however many he has signed.

Having said that, who is going to make the change?  It’s jobs for the boys.  When Maxi was announced at the SFA, we were hiring headhunters to get the best replacement we could.  Within a few weeks we appointed the head of the youth academy to run the club.  Best candidate?  Take away the king of Spain guff for a minute, what qualifies Gerry for the gig?  His Jagzone videos are hardly inspiring.

We are going backwards and it’s unlikely to turn around soon.

If it’s not the manager that changes, what does?  As a Football team, club and business it’s failing and no amount keep the faith will turn it around.

• Like 2

There is no doubt that we are in a bad place and have been for 18 months or so. But to say he didn’t improve is in my opinion totally wrong. In our 1st season up, we survived by the skin of our teeth with the team that got us promoted. For the next 3 we continued to improve culminating in a top 6. Since then, we have gone backwards, but it is unfair to write off those 4 seasons.

23 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

There is no doubt that we are in a bad place and have been for 18 months or so. But to say he didn’t improve is in my opinion totally wrong. In our 1st season up, we survived by the skin of our teeth with the team that got us promoted. For the next 3 we continued to improve culminating in a top 6. Since then, we have gone backwards, but it is unfair to write off those 4 seasons.

I agree with you but this discussion just keeps going round in circles. 

5 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

1st season up, there was no Rangers and Hearts stared on -15 points (They ended 15 points behind us)- W8 GF46 GD-19

2nd season, No Rangers, Hibs or Hearts- W12 GF48 GD+4

3rd season, No Rangers or Hibs - W12 GF41 GD-9

4th Season No Hibs, Rangers still a basket case TOP6  - W10 GF38 GD-16

5th Seaon All the big guns back we go down -W8 GF31 GD-30

Season 3 we started going backwards (in my opinion) regardless of the top 6 the following year, our goals dried up, our wins got less, our defense got worse, and our style of football deteriorated.

The league form since the split says it all (including Playoffs)

P50 W10 D10 L30 PTS=40  from a possible 150

Its a win and a draw every 5 games, with 3 defeats.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, allyo said:

I've always imagined that many players would read the forum, though they'd obviously be best advised not to. This forum isn't some obscure thing; it's probably the first place you'd go to gauge the opinions of thistle fans. 

The nature of professional football is that you are a performer in the spotlight.

• Like 1