ICT Away

Jaggernaut

42 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

1st season up, there was no Rangers and Hearts stared on -15 points (They ended 15 points behind us)- W8 GF46 GD-19

2nd season, No Rangers, Hibs or Hearts- W12 GF48 GD+4

3rd season, No Rangers or Hibs - W12 GF41 GD-9

4th Season No Hibs, Rangers still a basket case TOP6  - W10 GF38 GD-16

5th Seaon All the big guns back we go down -W8 GF31 GD-30

Season 3 we started going backwards (in my opinion) regardless of the top 6 the following year, our goals dried up, our wins got less, our defense got worse, and our style of football deteriorated.

The league form since the split says it all (including Playoffs)

P50 W10 D10 L30 PTS=40  from a possible 150

Its a win and a draw every 5 games, with 3 defeats.

I don’t think it is relevant that teams were missing. It was the same for every other team in the league. But you are drawing me into trying to defend Archibald, which I am not doing just now. I think it is probably time for change - but only based on results since April 17.

On 16/09/2018 at 6:11 PM, erty13 said:

It is easy to make big factless statements.  Why don't you speak to Banzo or any one that knows him and you would be aware how he feels about the club and how they have looked after him, rather than spouting out an ill informed opinion again.

Pishybishy lad. Loads of jaggy fans in the briggs, including banzo. If for no other reason than his performances in the promotion season i'd wish him all the best. If i were a betting man i'd place a bet on him staying the full season. Hope so anyway. And hope he stays fit

On 16/09/2018 at 12:22 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Saw the highlights, and once again we get caught gifting goals that wouldn't be tolerated at amateur level. 

The third goal ranks with Christie's effort v Ayr for stupidity in attempting something that would be inadvisable at the best of times.

I understand Thistleberight's point about the new players still having to gel, but it has been a recurring feature under Archie that we never hit any kind of rhythm until October. And last season that rhythm never got to be better than a stutter which led to the ultimate consequences. Had hoped it would have been eradicated with the relegation, but it seems the point about the chopping and changing is once again hampering the team's ability to generate any kind of positive impetus.

Yeah barney, would've thought/hoped lessons would be learned but sadly once again not. As auld jag says after the next 6 games we'll have a better idea of what the pattern of the seaaon will be. Aaaaaargh

15 hours ago, allyo said:

So would you reckon some players do read this forum? Pure speculation obviously.

Fair to assume they're told as a bit of advice to never read this or any other relative forum. So on the "don't touch that, Sonny, it's hot" principle it's almost certain that many will, from time to time at least, read this forum.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 4:18 PM, Norgethistle said:

1st season up, there was no Rangers and Hearts stared on -15 points (They ended 15 points behind us)- W8 GF46 GD-19

2nd season, No Rangers, Hibs or Hearts- W12 GF48 GD+4

3rd season, No Rangers or Hibs - W12 GF41 GD-9

4th Season No Hibs, Rangers still a basket case TOP6  - W10 GF38 GD-16

5th Seaon All the big guns back we go down -W8 GF31 GD-30

Season 3 we started going backwards (in my opinion) regardless of the top 6 the following year, our goals dried up, our wins got less, our defense got worse, and our style of football deteriorated.

The league form since the split says it all (including Playoffs)

P50 W10 D10 L30 PTS=40  from a possible 150

Its a win and a draw every 5 games, with 3 defeats.

The above statistics must surly be the worst of any professional football team in the U.k.      Can any one find out if I am correct... 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

The above statistics must surly be the worst of any professional football team in the U.k.      Can any one find out if I am correct... 

32 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Brechin?

I think Cowdenbeath have been in the play off to stay in the league the past 2 seasons.Without checking I think their stats must be very poor as well.

On 9/17/2018 at 10:45 AM, Lenziejag said:

There is no doubt that we are in a bad place and have been for 18 months or so. But to say he didn’t improve is in my opinion totally wrong. In our 1st season up, we survived by the skin of our teeth with the team that got us promoted. For the next 3 we continued to improve culminating in a top 6. Since then, we have gone backwards, but it is unfair to write off those 4 seasons.

All about opinions LJ.  Let me clarify my point.  I don’t know how many players we have signed in 10 transfer windows, but player for player how many are better than what was inherited?

Have we signed a better right back than SOD?  Ok now an international, unlikely to improve.  But now we’ve not got a right back!

better left back than ATS?

better striker than Dools?  God knows he’s tried.  How many strikers have we brought in? Mukendi, Pogba, German et al.  Lyle Taylor I’ll accept.  Any others?

osman for his first few seasons was excellent.

I know your screaming Cerney and I know I’m in the minority here but his lack of urgency and willingness to play the ball to the full backs to play out, which was a big part of our play, killed us.  Slow hoofball from the back.  He was a great shot stopper, but goal keeping is more than that now.

i could go on, but you get my point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionel J. Botch said:

I know your screaming Cerny and I know I’m in the minority here but his lack of urgency and willingness to play the ball to the full backs to play out, which was a big part of our play, killed us.  Slow hoofball from the back.  He was a great shot stopper, but goal keeping is more than that now.

I certainly agree there. All the more infuriating when in the last game he played for us he suddenly showed that missing urgency. I won't argue that he wasn't a good signing and his fine shot stopping certainly saved us a good few points. The other side of the coin tho' was his deliberate slow distribution, recycling and/or aimless punts up the field might well have cost us points as well.   

10 hours ago, Lionel J. Botch said:

All about opinions LJ.  Let me clarify my point.  I don’t know how many players we have signed in 10 transfer windows, but player for player how many are better than what was inherited?

Have we signed a better right back than SOD?  Ok now an international, unlikely to improve.  But now we’ve not got a right back!

better left back than ATS?

better striker than Dools?  God knows he’s tried.  How many strikers have we brought in? Mukendi, Pogba, German et al.  Lyle Taylor I’ll accept.  Any others?

osman for his first few seasons was excellent.

I know your screaming Cerney and I know I’m in the minority here but his lack of urgency and willingness to play the ball to the full backs to play out, which was a big part of our play, killed us.  Slow hoofball from the back.  He was a great shot stopper, but goal keeping is more than that now.

i could go on, but you get my point.

I get your point about individual players. My point though was about whether the team was good enough.

As I said the promoted team just managed to avoid relegation, thanks to Hearts points deduction and Hibs, well Hibsing it. 

He brought in players to do the job of keeping us in the top flight and that worked until April 17

34 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I am not saying you will turn out to be wrong, but this isn’t a fact. It cant be a fact until the last game is played

True as a grammatical construction.

However, our defence has cost us more points than we have gained to date this season.

That is a fact.

Edited by Barney Rubble

I agree with GRE that we’ll do well to avoid the drop. We are shite. And have no heart.

But is the defence any worse than the attack? Doolan and Erskine are the only ones who don’t have a panic attack when confronted with a sight of the goals. And they are either off form or finished.

Fitzpatrick may not come into the panic attack category but he never gets a game.