Training Ground

scotty

5 hours ago, scotty said:

I know folk who live in the houses looking on to this area and they were expecting Cala to be building on it. Seems like Cala were trying to get planningfor houses on the old sewage works and the water treatment plant near the Liesuredrome in Bishopbriggs. They have got permission in Bishopbriggs so I guess the council only allowed them one development.

So we have a 26 Acre Site of which the Training Facility might use 6  Max )  wonder what the other  20 acres is getting used for - seems a waste of a big site that Cala were trying to buy so obviously its a Prime bit of Land and not cheap ?  

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So we have a 26 Acre Site of which the Training Facility might use 6  Max )  wonder what the other  20 acres is getting used for - seems a waste of a big site that Cala were trying to buy so obviously its a Prime bit of Land and not cheap ?  

We don’t have anything as such, the Weirs have a 26 Acre site and we are going to rent a training ground from them.  Maybe they have plans for another part of the plot

3 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Why are we talking about the facility only being 6 acres in size? It is going to be 4 pitches, a building which has changing facilities, a gym, canteen, offices plus car parking for staff and players. I am not an architect but I would imagine that would be quite a bit bigger.

A football pitch is approx 2 acres, so 4 pitches plus all the things you mention will take it close to the 26 acres, the pitches alone with access between will be close to 10 acres

Land is zoned for ecological purposes and is, presumably, impacted by the flood plain from the Kelvin. Planning permission might not be a simple rubber stamping and drainage might be an obvious issue if permission granted. However I imagine due diligence will have already identified any potential issues.

30 minutes ago, JeanieD said:

Land is zoned for ecological purposes and is, presumably, impacted by the flood plain from the Kelvin. Planning permission might not be a simple rubber stamping and drainage might be an obvious issue if permission granted. However I imagine due diligence will have already identified any potential issues.

Is the site not called "Dryfield"?

QED :head_ball:

3 hours ago, jaggymct said:

We don’t have anything as such, the Weirs have a 26 Acre site and we are going to rent a training ground from them.  Maybe they have plans for another part of the plot

Correct - we dont have a training ground - we are signing a long term lease no different from our current facilities ( which are a very high standard ) 

So our “own” training ground is PR Spin 

3 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Why are we talking about the facility only being 6 acres in size? It is going to be 4 pitches, a building which has changing facilities, a gym, canteen, offices plus car parking for staff and players. I am not an architect but I would imagine that would be quite a bit bigger.

How do we know its 4 pitches 

dont you find it strange they are paying top dollar for land Cala the most expensive house builder there is treid to get planning on ? A pitch is 1.4 Acres btw 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, ThistleBunnet said:

Budget won't cover it

Do you mean the budget for actually building it or the amount the club would need to pay each season to use/maintain it?

The most recent meetings (the AGM and the Trust meeting) gave the firm impression it was going ahead so hopefully this is one of these rumours that turns out to be incorrect (like Banzo leaving in January).

• Like 1

If this project is scrapped, so be it. It's a bit of a vanity project.

Perhaps the club would be better putting a few quid into building a scouting network?

The only thing that would bad (to me) about cancelling the training ground, is that it would be disrespectful to Davie MacParland and his family. If the training ground does not happen the main stand or the bing should be re named after Davie.