Training Ground

scotty

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Do Alloa not have an all weather pitch that they can use for training for free?

Sort of but.....

a/who trains constantly on synthetic surfaces?

b/Mulraney, the Alloa heid yin, rents out the pitch for three crossfield matches every night of the midweek.

c/have you seen the state of their all weather pitch? 

5 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

Irrespective of the arguments above  this scheme is an absolute jinx. Nothing but misery since the day it was announced. If it ever sees the light of day I fully expect it to be an expensive white elephant for years to come.

If we go down, which is likely, I would wager that it doesn't get off the ground, or if it does, we won't be using it. We will be back at Ruchill Park

16 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

If we go down, which is likely, I would wager that it doesn't get off the ground, or if it does, we won't be using it. We will be back at Ruchill Park

Given building work is supposed to be well underway before the end of the season (operational by July), it will be clear well before the league season ends what the state of play is.

47 minutes ago, 1 John Lambie said:

Given building work is supposed to be well underway before the end of the season (operational by July), it will be clear well before the league season ends what the state of play is.

Doubtful it’ll happen this season , it might happen at some point in the future but I don’t think it’ll happen this year , would rather the Club concentrated on staying up whatever that takes .

On 1/2/2019 at 9:26 PM, eljaggo said:

The training ground seems large for Thistle's first team needs, so perhaps there is scope to let the bits not needed to others, thereby offering the opportunity to keep the PTFC rental costs stable.

I suggested at one of the open days that they should let Kirkie Rob Roy play their games there since they are currently displaced.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I suggested at one of the open days that they should let Kirkie Rob Roy play their games there since they are currently displaced.

The whole point of the training ground is to have 100% flexibility in when we can use the facility etc. Can see it now we have a stinker on the Saturday the manager decides the guys are training on the Sunday only to find out they cant because Rob Roy are playing....

Just now, p12tfc said:

The whole point of the training ground is to have 100% flexibility in when we can use the facility etc. Can see it now we have a stinker on the Saturday the manager decides the guys are training on the Sunday only to find out they cant because Rob Roy are playing....

Juniors rarely play on a Sunday

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Jesus.....it’s so out of date ....precisely why we need a modern training centre 

Ok Laura Muir does Hill Reps on Cleveden Hill ( pretty sure she would be more than happy to use Sand Dunes ) - she is ranked No 1 in the World at 1500m - so this whole nonsense ref the training ground is scary - you require pitches to play on when training - you then can do fitness training pretty much anywhere - Sand Dunes work both Calve Muscles and Thighs the MASSIVE benefit is that its low impact when you are doing it-  therefore prevents injuries - so the reality is that Sand Dunes have major benefits in Strength & Stamina work - so they are not "out of date"  - its Football thats not in tune with modern training methods regards Strength & Conditioning  - and Ian Mcall takes his Players up to Mugdock and has them Running Round it  

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok Laura Muir does Hill Reps on Cleveden Hill ( pretty sure she would be more than happy to use Sand Dunes ) - she is ranked No 1 in the World at 1500m - so this whole nonsense ref the training ground is scary - you require pitches to play on when training - you then can do fitness training pretty much anywhere - Sand Dunes work both Calve Muscles and Thighs the MASSIVE benefit is that its low impact when you are doing it-  therefore prevents injuries - so the reality is that Sand Dunes have major benefits in Strength & Stamina work - so they are not "out of date"  - its Football thats not in tune with modern training methods regards Strength & Conditioning  - and Ian Mcall takes his Players up to Mugdock and has them Running Round it  

Do you think Ian McCall would say no to a custom-built training ground?

Is the training regimen and logistics of an individual athlete comparable to the training regimen of a squad of 24 or more, as well as a youth academy involving multiple numbers of teams? 

Why do top level clubs have training grounds and not just run up sand dunes? 

Have you offered your services to the club as a sport scientist?

I’m sorry but this is just nonsense. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Laura Muir who is not a footballer also runs along the Forth and Clyde canal let’s try that ? You can do all the things you mention through other more effective methods 

so far you have us training in ruchill park running up sand dunes .... utter drivel 

53 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Do you think Ian McCall would say no to a custom-built training ground?

Is the training regimen and logistics of an individual athlete comparable to the training regimen of a squad of 24 or more, as well as a youth academy involving multiple numbers of teams? 

Why do top level clubs have training grounds and not just run up sand dunes? 

Have you offered your services to the club as a sport scientist?

I’m sorry but this is just nonsense. 

Mcall Continues to train the same method he has for the last 20 years using the same places  ie Mugdock & the Waterworks at Milngavie - we are talking Strength & Conditioning - for that you do not need a Training Ground - and I think a core problem in Football is Sports Scientists as opposed to Coaches - Laura Muirs Schedule will be replicated by pretty much most of the Athletes in her Squad - its about attaining Strength & Stamina - 90% of Football is Running - therefore it applies to both    

Why is it Nonsense - No Ive not offered my Services as there are far better Athletics Coaches in our Local Clubs than me - John Lambie used International Athletes fir Strength & Conditioning - the Players trained at Scostoun  Track - Yogi Hughes at Falkirk - Players trained on the Track at Stirling - but you dont need a track  

Plus - why would the Club need a Sports Scientist - do you think Alloa have a Sports Scientist ? 

But if you think a Weekend with the Paras is more beneficial than a weekend of hard Physical Running  up hills - fair enough - we will have the best training facility in the First Division 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

22 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Laura Muir who is not a footballer also runs along the Forth and Clyde canal let’s try that ? You can do all the things you mention through other more effective methods 

so far you have us training in ruchill park running up sand dunes .... utter drivel 

What are the more effective things ? and the Canal works for Laura Muir ?  and Beth Potter ? What we are doing isn't working - nor has it been working for the last two seasons  - why would spending a dedicated day Running up the large Hill at Ruchill Park not be effective ( or similar type of training )      

18 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Mcall Continues to train the same method he has for the last 20 years using the same places  ie Mugdock & the Waterworks at Milngavie - we are talking Strength & Conditioning - for that you do not need a Training Ground - and I think a core problem in Football is Sports Scientists as opposed to Coaches - Laura Muirs Schedule will be replicated by pretty much most of the Athletes in her Squad - its about attaining Strength & Stamina - 90% of Football is Running - therefore it applies to both    

Why is it Nonsense - No Ive not offered my Services as there are far better Athletics Coaches in our Local Clubs than me - John Lambie used International Athletes fir Strength & Conditioning - the Players trained at Scostoun  Track - Yogi Hughes at Falkirk - Players trained on the Track at Stirling - but you dont need a track  

Plus - why would the Club need a Sports Scientist - do you think Alloa have a Sports Scientist ? 

But if you think a Weekend with the Paras is more beneficial than a weekend of hard Physical Running  up hills - fair enough - we will have the best training facility in the First Division 

I don’t know if Alloa have a sports scientist or not. But if they don’t then they don’t have one in the same way that we don’t currently have a training ground. If offered one I’m sure they would say yes. 

If you’re entirely denying the benefits of sports science - or sports scientists - then you’re standing in contravention of pretty much every top level sport in the world. With the greatest of respect I’d trust the accepted wisdom of most sports coaches in the world ahead of yours (even with what I infer to be your extensive local athletics experience...). 

I don’t know whether a weekend with the Paras is more beneficial than running up hills. But I don’t think that’s the choice we have, as I’m sure you well know. I don’t think there’s any plans for the Paras to be barracked at the training ground but happy to be corrected. 

Again, do you think that Lambie, McCall and Hughes would turn down/have turned down a custom built training ground?

38 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I don’t know if Alloa have a sports scientist or not. But if they don’t then they don’t have one in the same way that we don’t currently have a training ground. If offered one I’m sure they would say yes. 

If you’re entirely denying the benefits of sports science - or sports scientists - then you’re standing in contravention of pretty much every top level sport in the world. With the greatest of respect I’d trust the accepted wisdom of most sports coaches in the world ahead of yours (even with what I infer to be your extensive local athletics experience...). 

I don’t know whether a weekend with the Paras is more beneficial than running up hills. But I don’t think that’s the choice we have, as I’m sure you well know. I don’t think there’s any plans for the Paras to be barracked at the training ground but happy to be corrected. 

Again, do you think that Lambie, McCall and Hughes would turn down/have turned down a custom built training ground?

None of them would and no Football Manager ever says No to anything as they arent paying for it -,

We have gone backwards since we started using them - Im not saying they dont have there place -but they are no subsitute for simple hard work and for that there is tried and tested methods - in my opinion we have replaced proper hard training with over reliance on them - the fact we consistsntly lose late goals indicates we run out of steam - so fine go with the Sports Scientists - but its not working