Training Ground

scotty

19 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Its fair comment - but its not what the Board are saying - it will be ready for start of next Season we were being told a month ago at the AGM 

Now rumours of cancellation and a well known Jags Fan on the Supporters fb page saying instead we are getting 4G at Firhill instead - people have to resign if this is true - its as simple as that 

Have we (or black cats) actually purchased the land yet? Purchase is on condition of planning permission being granted, it hasn’t been saught yet. It’ll be open by June though according to the spin doctors running our club.

14 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

Don't disagree that people have to resign/go. Nevertheless a 4G pitch at Firhill makes very good financial sense. If the plug is pulled though, someone really should do the right thing regards Davie McParland.

Im not against Firhill on 4G 

and to be honest he should have a stand not a training ground named after him 

but given the hype / statements at AGM - resource from the Club - everything else we are facing - people have to go 

Ive not been convinced on how we could afford this from the outset  

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

but given the hype / statements at AGM - resource from the Club - everything else we are facing - people have to go 

Agree with everything you say JJ.

9 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Have we (or black cats) actually purchased the land yet? Purchase is on condition of planning permission being granted, it hasn’t been saught yet. It’ll be open by June though according to the spin doctors running our club.

Putchase based on planning is standard practice - so its not impossible this could be a similiar deal - obviously thats just a possibility - no idea if thats the case 

and the lack of application is concerning 

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

This is an extraordinary development if true. The Davie McParland plastic pitch.  This club is a turning into a shambles. And a laughing stock

Edited by Z88
Missed a bit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We only own half the ground, we pay a 6 figure annual fee to Propco ( Remember them?) for the bing and main stand, if we decide to use the Weirs money to put a 4G park in (Cost is nearly a million) I’d look to get the Propco brought back into the clubs hands again.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Z88 said:

This is an extraordinary development if true. The Davie McParland plastic pitch.  This club is a turning into a shambles. And a laughing stock

At present no one knows - just a rumour that people are commenting on - but the lack of planning application this late on would suggest its not going to programme 

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We only own half the ground, we pay a 6 figure annual fee to Propco ( Remember them?) for the bing and main stand, if we decide to use the Weirs money to put a 4G park in (Cost is nearly a million) I’d look to get the Propco brought back into the clubs hands again.

I agree and would much rather we owned our ground than a long term rent of someone elses training park 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

This sums up much that is baffling about Thistle and perhaps why things are such a mess. Who actually owns the club and calls the shots?

From memory we owe Propco £1 million, they hold the main stand and bing as security? and the club pays them 10% interest, which is £100,000 per year. If these figures are true the interest rate seems to be very generous to Propco.

It would be better for some Thistle minded investor/s to buy Propco out and to own the club lock stock and barrell. The club is crying out for some leadership and direction.

8 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not sure I'd bother with a season ticket if we installed an artificial pitch.  Not keen at all watching football played on these surfaces.  

Fair comment. I much prefer a real pitch, I like all the different playing conditions they throw up, the early season bowling greens to the winter quagmires. Plastic pitches are just not my cup of tea. However, they do make good financial sense. Firhill is a chronically underused asset and a plastic pitch would enable the club to sweat the asset to its maximum profitability. Which could in the longer term be the difference between the club surviving or folding.

Someone has come up with a figure in the region of 1 million for a 4G pitch.    This board would try and get Alan Titchmarsh and his ground force team to come out of retirement and do it on the cheap along with some flower beds throwing in at the bing.

Edited by mulguy jag

9 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

Someone has come up with a figure in the region of 1 million for a 4G pitch.    This board would try and get Alan Titchmarsh and his ground force team to come out a retirement and do on the cheap along with some flower beds throwing in at the bing.

Whoever does the best power point gets the job.

49 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

This sums up much that is baffling about Thistle and perhaps why things are such a mess. Who actually owns the club and calls the shots?

From memory we owe Propco £1 million, they hold the main stand and bing as security? and the club pays them 10% interest, which is £100,000 per year. If these figures are true the interest rate seems to be very generous to Propco.

It would be better for some Thistle minded investor/s to buy Propco out and to own the club lock stock and barrell. The club is crying out for some leadership and direction.

I believe there has been interest showing.  My neighbour is a taxi driver and he told me one of his fares told him that his sister in law  overheard a conversation between two guys who were trying on shoes in the shoe shop that she worked  in .

3 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

I believe there has been interest showing.  My neighbour is a taxi driver and he told me one of his fares told him that his sister in law  overheard a conversation between two guys who were trying on shoes in the shoe shop that she worked  in .

Really MY? Well that is good news. What were the two guys in the shoe shop talking about, what had they heard on the grapevine?

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

JJ , with regards to the training ground, I’ve been more or less in agreement with you from day 1 in terms of its necessity and the cost of it on a yearly basis without maybe a lease purchase  option because after the initial outlay it becomes a commercial investment for another company 

In terms of the Trust despite being the major share holder they have very little clout or influence over what goes on which is a little bit ironic because usually within a company the major shareholder has the most influence.

Do you think Jaquie Lowe should step down or Gerry Britton or are they just figureheads from other factions running the Club whether that would be directors who are on the Propco Board and who are on our Board as well or  I’m sure the Weirs with their continued investment have clout within Firhill and what goes on.

Just now it’s all just smoke and mirrors telling us how well we’re doing Academy etc , Training Ground , Promotion!!!! , the reality is completely different.