Training Ground

scotty

32 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Never have so many talked about so much without having one fact to rub together ... 

Whst a bunch of miserable people ... every positive move forward literally shat on ... you will kill this club 

This is a relatively small forum on the outskirts of the internet. A forum is for discussion, and a few people airing their concerns, fears etc, is hardly likely to "kill this club".

I think you will find there are at least a couple of people, currently in influential positions within the actual club structure who will make the likelihood of "killing the club" a more likely scenario, than a few supporters with no actual influence or input into how the club is run (into the ground)., having a wee discussion amongst themselves on a internet forum.

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

Never have so many talked about so much without having one fact to rub together ... 

Whst a bunch of miserable people ... every positive move forward literally shat on ... you will kill this club 

I’ve agreed with most of your posts on this thread but this is total pish.

People are allowed opinions, and if anyone is killing this club it’s the people in charge making bad decisions. I think the training ground is the right decision, but you can hardly blame people for being sceptical. 

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

Highlighting fears and incompetence will not kill the club, ignoring these fears and allowing the incompetence to continue unchallenged will kill the club.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not sure I'd bother with a season ticket if we installed an artificial pitch.  Not keen at all watching football played on these surfaces.  

Surely they are better than the bumpy piles of mud we used to have in the 70s and 80s (and the winter of 2015).

I don't love them but they are always improving and there are worse things to play football on, and there are ways to play. Remember when we put 5 past Killie a few years ago? We were great that day.

Can someone then please presents some facts on this issue as opposed to negative opinions and rumours which are often presented and debated  as facts ....

it was stated at the agm that planning permission woukd be applied for in January and that if approved it would be ready by June 

Meanwhile on Facebook.....

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Can someone then please presents some facts on this issue as opposed to negative opinions and rumours which are often presented and debated  as facts ....

it was stated at the agm that planning permission woukd be applied for in January and that if approved it would be ready by June 

Meanwhile on Facebook.....

“Negative opinions” seem to be classed as opinions contrary to yours. People being sceptical and mistrustful of the club on this isn’t illogical, surprisingor overly negative. It’s a rational position given the dire decisions we seem to be making these days. I agree with you that this training ground is a positive development, but you can’t totally dismiss people’s legitimate concerns. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

3 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

“Negative opinions” seem to be classed as opinions contrary to yours. People being sceptical and mistrustful of the club on this isn’t illogical, surprisingor overly negative. It’s a rational position given the dire decisions we seem to be making these days. I agree with you that this training ground is a positive development, but you can’t totally dismiss people’s legitimate concerns. 

Concerns and opinions  but not facts 

im not  even clear why people are mistrustful and sceptical given it’s a weir project nit the clubs 

if messi signed for us half the people here woukd moan he’s too old 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Concerns and opinions  but not facts 

im not  even clear why people are mistrustful and sceptical given it’s a weir project nit the clubs 

if messi signed for us half the people here woukd moan he’s too old 

If people aren’t allowed to express concerns and opinions then Internet forums would quickly die a death. Concerns and opinions based on existing track records of (in)competence are perfectly legitimate.

People are mistrustful because the timescales don’t seem realistic, because the club has adopted a spin approach to disseminating news in recent months, and because the board has shown itself to have made a number of poor decisions in recent times. 

It may be a ‘Weir project’ but it’s quite clear the lines between the Weirs and the board are pretty blurred, let’s be honest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

If people aren’t allowed to express concerns and opinions then Internet forums would quickly die a death. Concerns and opinions based on existing track records of (in)competence are perfectly legitimate.

People are mistrustful because the timescales don’t seem realistic, because the club has adopted a spin approach to disseminating news in recent months, and because the board has shown itself to have made a number of poor decisions in recent times. 

It may be a ‘Weir project’ but it’s quite clear the lines between the Weirs and the board are pretty blurred, let’s be honest. 

It’s a forum so yes people express opinions but often present them as facts eg were getting a 4g pitch .....remember this

as I understand from the agm

1. Site preparation works have already started 

2, planning permission in January 

3, would then be operational in June ( not sure if completely finished)

4. It’s a modular design allowing quick construction 

anyone got any factual updates ?

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

It’s a forum so yes people express opinions but often present them as facts eg were getting a 4g pitch .....remember this

as I understand from the agm

1. Site preparation works have already started 

2, planning permission in January 

3, would then be operational in June ( not sure if completely finished)

4. It’s a modular design allowing quick construction 

anyone got any factual updates ?

There has been no movement on the site at all (I pass it twice a day at least and the concrete blocks are still at the entrance). There is no planning application on East Dunbartonshire Council's website.

9 hours ago, javeajag said:

Ok question - if this is all rubbish why havent they applied for planning ? 

So lets for talking sake look at the process / normal practice you agree a purchase subject to planning 

You have set a provisional budget - to get planning you go for more detialed design -and get actual quoted costs as opposed to budget 

The costs come in way over the budget - the purchase agreement has a time lapse - so if you never go for planning the deal simply lapses 

So lets wait and see before slagging off fellow fans for asking pertinent questions 

8 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok question - if this is all rubbish why havent they applied for planning ? 

So lets for talking sake look at the process / normal practice you agree a purchase subject to planning 

You have set a provisional budget - to get planning you go for more detialed design -and get actual quoted costs as opposed to budget 

The costs come in way over the budget - the purchase agreement has a time lapse - so if you never go for planning the deal simply lapses 

So lets wait and see before slagging off fellow fans for asking pertinent questions 

You were at the agm you heard low say the intention was to apply for planning in January .....this is still January 

your not asking questions your speculating ....negatively 

I have a lot of time for the people involve in the bulk of this discussion but we are lacking in the facts needed to make the discussion one which goes beyond the back and forth we are currently involved in.

What I will do later today is e-mail the Chairman of PTFC and ask specific questions about what is going on with this project in the hope that will provide these facts.

9 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy are building a new ground / community facility literally 5 minutes away. Obviously not as much of a vanity project to put on CVs but some sort of tie in would surely be preferential to this white elephant.

Ludicrous 

ask any professional football club if they would like their own training facility or shuttle between different facilities 

1 minute ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I have a lot of time for the people involve in the bulk of this discussion but we are lacking in the facts needed to make the discussion one which goes beyond the back and forth we are currently involved in.

What I will do later today is e-mail the Chairman of PTFC and ask specific questions about what is going on with this project in the hope that will provide these facts.

Good idea .....check when the 4g pitch is coming 

25 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy are building a new ground / community facility literally 5 minutes away. Obviously not as much of a vanity project to put on CVs but some sort of tie in would surely be preferential to this white elephant.

Are Rob Roy still going ahead at Southbank?

5 minutes ago, scotty said:

Are Rob Roy still going ahead at Southbank?

Eventually yes. Maybe worth pointing out it is a project much held up by funding and planning permission issues.

Rob Roy have been talking with the council for years ( still ongoing ) so I genuinely fail to see how PTFC can come up with their timelines.

Edited by One t in Scotland

19 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

After Low's video update, when she asked fans to contact her though the usual channels, I did so. I have no idea what "the usual channels" are so I guessed at '[email protected]'. It didn't bounce back so it's reasonable to assume that that email address exists. I never received a reply.

It would be useful if you could publish the email address you're using here. I'm sure many people have questions. If she's not received any emails from fans, she might think we don't care.

8 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

After Low's video update, when she asked fans to contact her though the usual channels, I did so. I have no idea what "the usual channels" are so I guessed at '[email protected]'. It didn't bounce back so it's reasonable to assume that that email address exists. I never received a reply.

It would be useful if you could publish the email address you're using here. I'm sure many people have questions. If she's not received any emails from fans, she might think we don't care.

Hi Phil

In her programme notes from yesterday the e-mail address if you want to contact her directly is [email protected]