Training Ground

scotty

32 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You were at the agm you heard low say the intention was to apply for planning in January .....this is still January 

your not asking questions your speculating ....negatively 

There is speculation on a Forum thars what happens on Fans Forums -from my perspective I honestly cant see this happening and as you know Ive constantly questioned the finances - the £7 million given the project scale isnt unreasonable - so we will see 

They also said at the AGM promotion was still the plan when we were sitting second bottom 

2 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Thanks Martin.

So, I got the right address right and she didn't reply.

The only thing I would say is that she states "you can now do so by e-mailing me directly at [email protected]" so it could be that this e-mail account has only just been set up.

Give it another go and if you don't get a response then it would definitely be a case of you being ignored.

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

There is speculation on a Forum thars what happens on Fans Forums -from my perspective I honestly cant see this happening and as you know Ive constantly questioned the finances - the £7 million given the project scale isnt unreasonable - so we will see 

They also said at the AGM promotion was still the plan when we were sitting second bottom 

Can you provide the evidence that the £4m has increased to £7m

19 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The agm was 8 league matches ago in which we have taken just 7 points out of 24 .....if we had taken say 18 out of 24 we would be challenging for the play offs now so it wasn’t an unreasonable  thing to say at that time 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Can you provide the evidence that the £4m has increased to £7m

Ive never said it was £4 mn - I have no idea what the original budget was nor did I say it had increased to £7mn / I commented on Norge Jags post which stated that 

However looking at the scale of the project the £7 mn seems more realistic than the £4mn in my opinion 

The Club can quash these rumours in a Tweet confirming Training Ground is proceeding exactly as planned 

19 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ive never said it was £4 mn - I have no idea what the original budget was nor did I say it had increased to £7mn / I commented on Norge Jags post which stated that 

However looking at the scale of the project the £7 mn seems more realistic than the £4mn in my opinion 

The Club can quash these rumours in a Tweet confirming Training Ground is proceeding exactly as planned 

The budget quoted by three black cats is £4m ... we can take that as correct until they say otherwise 

stops people making things up 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The original budget stated was £4m and to date has never been officially altered ....

but some guy has heard a rumour it’s £7m so the club should issue statements .... crazy 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

The original budget stated was £4m and to date has never been officially altered ....

but some guy has heard a rumour it’s £7m so the club should issue statements .... crazy 

East Dumbartonshire take 2 to 4 months to make a decision for panning permission once submitted for what is classed as a “ Local Development” this would fall into that category.

The site needs cleansed as it is an ex sewage works, so by definition it is a contaminated site. 

The cost of a pre-fab MacDonalds restaurant is approx £1million including “Normal” ground works, effectively the site is flat and next to services (power, water, waste). 

A 4G park being laid on an existing football field is approx £1million

Our site, needs cleaning, access roads, services from a distance, buildings (Not as off the shelf as a MacDonalds drive thru), floodlights,  4G parks, grass parks, (all need drainage put in too as not an existing football pitch) , plus fixtures and fittings. 

if you think this can be done for £4 million including purchase of the site, in 3 months (after planning permission)  your kidding yourself, unless it’s a very scaled down project.

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

East Dumbartonshire take 2 to 4 months to make a decision for panning permission once submitted for what is classed as a “ Local Development” this would fall into that category.

The site needs cleansed as it is an ex sewage works, so by definition it is a contaminated site. 

The cost of a pre-fab MacDonalds restaurant is approx £1million including “Normal” ground works, effectively the site is flat and next to services (power, water, waste). 

A 4G park being laid on an existing football field is approx £1million

Our site, needs cleaning, access roads, services from a distance, buildings (Not as off the shelf as a MacDonalds drive thru), floodlights,  4G parks, grass parks, (all need drainage put in too as not an existing football pitch) , plus fixtures and fittings. 

if you think this can be done for £4 million including purchase of the site, in 3 months (after planning permission)  your kidding yourself, unless it’s a very scaled down project.

All I’m going by is the official statement put out by three black cats ....they stated it was £4m

but let’s imagine they want to spend £6m or £8m so what ?

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

All I’m going by is the official statement put out by three black cats ....they stated it was £4m

Or let’s say the initial budget was wrong and the true time and materials has came in way out what is willing to be spent

50 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

It's possible that Colin Weir has had a look at what's going on at Firhill and decided not to chuck a few million at this just now.

47 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Or not and nothings  changed 

Not sure what the point of your post is. Are you saying that it's not possible?

54 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Thats fine - however the fact that there is a more than likely chance that the budget has near doubled -would put a question mark over the development 

A realistic programme is 18 months to two years from planning - so fans are rightly asking questions 

Will the Weirs pump £7 mn into a training ground ( assuming the figure is correct) maybe - but time will tell 

45 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

For what it is worth I have e-mailed the Chairman asking for an update on the situation, explaining what is being speculated on at the moment and why it would be useful for this to happen.

If I receive a response (which I hope I would) I will let you know.

Thanks Martin - a swift response to your question should clarify the position 

52 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Thats fine - however the fact that there is a more than likely chance that the budget has near doubled -would put a question mark over the development 

A realistic programme is 18 months to two years from planning - so fans are rightly asking questions 

Will the Weirs pump £7 mn into a training ground ( assuming the figure is correct) maybe - but time will tell 

Three Black Cats is an investment company.

I think I read somewhere the rent was to be £150kpa.

That is a pathetic yield on an investment if the costs are indeed £7m or so.

So IF the budget has doubled, it may be that it is no longer a viable investment proposition. 

Anyway, time will tell whether the speculation is correct or the Javeajag party line remains the correct position.

Hopefully Fawlty Towers can get an answer to clarify things.

Personally, I never thought this was going to be as beneficial as it was being made out to be. A nice to have, yes, but we have been told ad nauseum that this is vitally important to the future of the club. Yet again (like Caldwell), if speculation is correct, talking something up may end up rebounding spectacularly.

14 minutes ago, jaf said:

Three Black Cats is an investment company.

I think I read somewhere the rent was to be £150kpa.

That is a pathetic yield on an investment if the costs are indeed £7m or so.

So IF the budget has doubled, it may be that it is no longer a viable investment proposition. 

Anyway, time will tell whether the speculation is correct or the Javeajag party line remains the correct position.

Hopefully Fawlty Towers can get an answer to clarify things.

Personally, I never thought this was going to be as beneficial as it was being made out to be. A nice to have, yes, but we have been told ad nauseum that this is vitally important to the future of the club. Yet again (like Caldwell), if speculation is correct, talking something up may end up rebounding spectacularly.

I don’t think anyone ever seriously suggested this was a purely commercial project but rather an investment by ‘fans’ to benefit the club