Training Ground

scotty

Could someone clarify for me what this arguement is supposed to be about? The Weirs, who have kept this club alive, who are making us a training facility are the bad and evil folk around here?

May I suggest to you idiots that they are heroes and heroines and that you, ladies and gentlemen, are trash babies?

Well, yes I can.

Those of you who recognise yourselves as scum should fuck off, right now.

Those that think they are on a heroic course will perhaps finally pull me down.

Let the game begin!

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I think we can assume this has already been worked out  - I don’t expect the contracts to be made public nor should they be - both to satisfy TBC and the Club 

as i understand it TBC could build the facility and charge the club £1 to rent it 

There is no reason that this could not be done. A deal like this would make sense for both parties. The Weirs would be protecting their interests through owning the facility and Thistle would be the beneficiaries through a peppercorn rent.

42 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

Could someone clarify for me what this arguement is supposed to be about? The Weirs, who have kept this club alive, who are making us a training facility are the bad and evil folk around here?

May I suggest to you idiots that they are heroes and heroines and that you, ladies and gentlemen, are trash babies?

Well, yes I can.

Those of you who recognise yourselves as scum should **** off, right now.

Let the game begin!

And you're the moderator?

Beam me up Scotty!

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

I think we can assume this has already been worked out  - I don’t expect the contracts to be made public nor should they be - both to satisfy TBC and the Club 

as i understand it TBC could build the facility and charge the club £1 to rent it 

No thats not correct - at the agm it was stated it still had to be agreed 

Running costs of a facility that size is North of £150k - Firhill pitch alone is £60k 

so we are either picking up the running costs or they charge us a commercial rent 

money laundering and HMRC rules dont allow you to set out to run a Company at a loss 

So has the Board done its due diligence ? 

Is the figure of £4 mn a realistic budget for a project of this scale ? 

In my opnion there seems to be holes - might be wrong 

even the programme - something of this scale in less than 6 months ? 

So we will see ....

1 hour ago, douglas clark said:

Well, yes I can.

Those of you who recognise yourselves as scum should **** off, right now.

Let the game begin!

The affordabilty of the training ground - no one is questioning the Weirs we are questioning Club due diligence 

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Running costs of a facility that size is North of £150k - Firhill pitch alone is £60k 

so we are either picking up the running costs or they charge us a commercial rent 

money laundering and HMRC rules dont allow you to set out to run a Company at a loss 

So we will see ....

Repeatedly asking these questions on a fans forum is not going to produce any definitive answers.

Please stop.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So we will see ....

Agreed formally

so?

it would not be run at a loss 

yes

yes your wrong

17 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I havent misrepresented amything 

i asked specific questions on rental - I recieved vague responses 

ok lets run with the figure we pay just now - £140k - its not going to be less than that 

Can we afford this in Div 2 - Doubt it 

Does that include maintenance & repairs - most agreements dont 

This HAS to be on benchmark Commercial terms or HMRC are all over it 

so do I think we can afford it - No 

thats not conspiracy or bitterness - thats making a point at the AGM and on the Forum 

as for the Capital Costs - do I believe £7mn is a closer figure than the £4mn - yes 

even if we applied for planning end of Jan was it ever going to be ready for the Summer - The Civils - Landworks - infrastructure - 18 Months in my view 

So at present Three Black Cats are fully committed to the Training Ground 

Well Im fully committed to getting a 5000m qualifying time for the next Olympics - being committed is different from something happening 

Given your age i think you might be telling us a porkie about even being committed to a qualifying time but it's a fair point well made. 

Pie in the sky until/if we manage to secure championship status.........or promotion:lol:

On 1/25/2019 at 1:34 PM, Thistleberight said:

Lets speak at the end of the season,;see where we are then. Hopefully i'll be eating my words. Perhaps absolute chaos is a bit strong, there's room for it to be worse......

We are being fed a diet of nonsense about promotion, fan engagement, new training ground, non football staff preparing player reports, admissions of no scouting system, treatment of erskine, apparent pious attitude of the board towards the trust, the appointment of a manager based on his powerpoint presentation....chaos? Aye. Absolute chaos? On reflection i was a bit flippant and harsh:dancing:

Can you tell me exactly what is involved in preparing these player reports Thistlebright?

17 hours ago, Jag said:

Can you tell me exactly what is involved in preparing these player reports Thistlebright?

Dunno Jag. Someone put a link to a GC interview where he refernced to jagzone interviewer was doing individual player reports. Of course it might be he is more than qualified and when it is backs to the wall why not have people multi tasking. Who am i to judge. If it works then great if not then people like fans are going to use stuff like that to throw snow balls. Uf satyrday is a turning point i'd better get my eating pie head on.

Usually player reports are specific to games played and will include distance run, tackles made, speed of the run, speed if reaction, passes made + number of successful ones, runs off the ball, closing down runs. The info that will allow a coach/manager determine how effective a player has been and allows for what can be a tough conversation to be a little easier. Ie. in our day a manager tells you that you were piss and you argue you weren't. Manager cites a number of crap passes, wasted balls etc. You might respond, no you're wrong i didn't and unless the game was recorded it'd be a back and forth arguement. With this type of modern approach, player report it's harder for a player to argue and generally speaking it's used to help a player improve and make them more aware of where they need to improve themselves. Personally it makes sense to me and on the face of it of great benefit. It just suited my anti GC bias to use the fact a small time videographer was doing them as a stick to hit GC with. Saturdays result and performance has kinda dampened my resolve for now. Fingers crossed it's onwards and upwards and we can all get behind the manager

Fairly sure all the stat gathering Thistleberight mentions isn't a new phenomenon at Firhill. Maybe been using the same objective compilation for some years now. The important point is how it's used rather than the stats themselves. For example Spittal's  running performance figures may have suffered after he made that challenge where he picked up a knock. Like with most helpful data it's nothing more than that, helpful.