Was quite noticeable in Archie's interview for tomorrow's game that travelling up tonight takes away an excuse for the players. And he used the word "excuse" a couple of times.

So after hearing that interview I was listening to Ali McC on BT before tonight's match in Paisley and he was talking about " the modern player" who he says seems to look for excuses. He was talking about discontent in the St Mirren dressing room with Stubbs and thus the latter's quick sacking.

Managers seem to be really up against it and there is obviously an agreement between McCoist and Archibald on this topic. Or at least I think they are saying the same thing.

Food for thought? Discuss?

His reference to "excuses" stood out to me a bit after watching his interview also. Reading between the lines I also took it to be he's fed up covering for the players and always having something to blame for poor performances and results,(i.e. Injuries, pitches,refs) therefore a veiled challenge to the players to get their fingers out once and for all and show him and us what they are made of. Wether you love or loathe Archie I think it's safe to say the next 3 games are going to go a long way in shaping our season and possibly deciding his fate as our manager. 

You can see it happening on the pitch in a lot of cases too.  Meaningless passes, just to ensure if there's a mistake they can say 'wasn't me', hiding instead of looking for the ball, staying down when not injured just to claim you were fouled instead of working to rectify your mistake, the list goes on....

In his Jagzone interview before the game, Miles Storey was going on about how positive the dressing room is at Firhill.

"If you have a bad game, no-one bats an eyelid" he says, as if that's a good thing.

To my mind, people should be grabbed by the shirt, shinpads should be flying about, and locker doors should be getting slammed.

Lambie will be turning in his grave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1