QOS

eljaggo

High time we put the bunnet chewin' about the ICT game behind us and concentrate our efforts on the next game.  I have absolutely no idea what the best line up would be, and I suspect that I am not alone in that.  We need a win, so something more gallavantin' would be welcome after the turgid fare we have endured.

Edited by eljaggo

2 minutes ago, Mad Mull Jag said:

I would go for

Bell 

Penrice

Elliot- as there is no alternative

McGinty

Keown

Bannigan

Ntambwe

mtoumbo

slater

erskine

Doolan

Subs

pick 7 who are fit and not suspended !!

Keown hasn’t been up to it lately and we need a change of formation that will better suit Elliott.

Bell

Jefferies  McGinty  Scobbie 

Elliott  Bannigan  Slater  Penrice

Fitzpatrick  Doolan  Quitongo

2 minutes ago, Knightswood Jag said:

Keown hasn’t been up to it lately and we need a change of formation that will better suit Elliott.

Bell

Jefferies  McGinty  Scobbie 

Elliott  Bannigan  Slater  Penrice

Fitzpatrick  Doolan  Quitongo

Think he will change to a 3 away but not so sure he will do that at home. 

How I hope line up:

Bell

Elloit     Mcginty  Kewon   Pencrice

Bannigan  Slater

Quitgo    Erskine   Fitzpatrick    

Doolan

Subs: senedon McCarthy Natambwe Storer   Jefferies Melbourne Storey

Edited by That 1 jags fan

Doolan is a streaky player and he's hit the net twice in recent weeks, despite only one counting so I'd give him a start for this one.

Robbie and Dykes have been doing well for the visitors and GGGH has been pulling the strings too so we need to get into them from the outset.

If Banzo starts that'll mean Penrice at left back for balance. 

In the midfield Ntwambe must be under pressure from Storer after last week's performance.

Would like Fitzpatrick to get a run at their left back but Spittal will probably start. 

Probably see the likes of...

Bell

Elliott Keown McGinty Penrice

Ntwambe Spittal

Slater Erskine Mutombo

Doolan

Edited by jagfox

Spittal scored last week, so he's going to start.  As much as I'd like to see Fitzpatrick in there.  

Bannigan in for Ntambwe.  Dunno what we can do about the defence in terms of fitness levels.  Our big problem is the right side Elliot/Keown spacetime conundrum at the moment.  (ie giving the opposition too much of both).

36 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

This is what I would go for but every chance Doolan could start.
If Ntambwe has had a full weeks training I would keep him in the side. Poor last week but feel he could be good for us when fully fit. 

Bell

Elliott

Mcginty

Keown

Penrice

Ntambwe

Bannigan

Storey

Spittal

Erskine

Mutumbo

I see you haven't included Slater. Since Gordon got injured Slater, who always gets many a touch,  has seen even more of the ball. I don't really have much of an opinion but his omission would be surprising. For all his industry often his decision making and/or final ball hasn't been that great. Don't want to sound like I'm comparing him with the likes of Edwards, Fraser or Craigen but I don't feel Slater's been anywhere near as effective as he could be.

5 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Taking my daughter to her first Thistle game. Her first football match was Barcelona 8-2 Huesca, so a similar score for the home team would be appreciated! 

If we start with Bannigan I think we will have enough to control the game & get a good result.

Hope your daughter has a good day and enjoys a Thistle victory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Doolan is a streaky player and he's hit the net twice in recent weeks, despite only one counting so I'd give him a start for this one.

Robbie and Dykes have been doing well for the visitors and GGGH has been pulling the strings too so we need to get into them from the outset.

If Banzo starts that'll mean Penrice at left back for balance. 

In the midfield Ntwambe must be under pressure from Storer after last week's performance.

Would like Fitzpatrick to get a run at their left back but Spittal will probably start. 

Probably see the likes of...

Bell

Elliott Keown McGinty Penrice

Ntwambe Spittal

Slater Erskine Mutombo

Doolan

That’s a really horrid, negative team so you’re probably right about Archie’s selection.

But what team would you put out, Jagfox?

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I see you haven't included Slater. Since Gordon got injured Slater, who always gets many a touch,  has seen even more of the ball. I don't really have much of an opinion but his omission would be surprising. For all his industry often his decision making and/or final ball hasn't been that great. Don't want to sound like I'm comparing him with the likes of Edwards, Fraser or Craigen but I don't feel Slater's been anywhere near as effective as he could be.

I think Banzo coming back was always going to put Slaters position under threat.  Can't see Stuart getting much past the 65 min mark so Craig could well be his replacement.  

Ntwambe shouldn’t be starting, and it’s  nothing to do with lack of fitness.

We’re playing at home so it would be great to see the manager putting out an attack minded team that goes at it from the first whistle. If we try and sit in, Dobbie will have a first half hat trick. 

This has all the makings of a great game with lots of good football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

That’s a really horrid, negative team so you’re probably right about Archie’s selection.

But what team would you put out, Jagfox?

Probably similar with some tweaks. More a 4-3-3.

Bell

Elliott Keown McGinty Melbourne

Spittal Slater Penrice

Fitzpatrick Doolan Erskine/ Storey

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Might as well have a right go at them. My team.

Bell

Keown

Mcginty

Scobbie

Melbourne

Fitzpatrick 

Ntambwe

Erskine

Quitongo

Storey

Doolan.

No right back, and one central midfielder, who was taken off after 30 minutes last week.

Were you just back from the pub when you picked this team.

11 minutes ago, erty13 said:

No right back, and one central midfielder, who was taken off after 30 minutes last week.

Were you just back from the pub when you picked this team.

Hahaha. Your posts do make me laugh. Is a Elliott a right back? He's been rank. Storey can play central mid. Ntambwe the defensive midfielder.  Is that ok for you honey?

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Hahaha. Your posts do make me laugh. Is a Elliott a right back? He's been rank. Storey can play central mid. Ntambwe the defensive midfielder.  Is that ok for you honey?

I think you have your players mixed up Jack Storer is a midfielder, but you did not pick him. You picked Storey who is a forward, never seen him play in the centre of midfield.