QOS

eljaggo

16 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

It depends on what you mean by recent, seing that we’ve not won a cup in my lifetime (I’m 43) and not beaten either of the Old Firm this century. 

One of the benefits of being a certain age. Being at Hampden nearly 47 years ago watching your team win the league cup.

It's very easy to credit Banzo, and rightly so, for his involvement in Doolan's goal, but Erskine's movement, dragging players left & right during the build up is superb. He takes Jacobs out wide to left back forcing their left back to move inside, then just as McGinty charges on, he pulls Jacobs back in, leaving a huge gap for Spittal to attack. Just perfect. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Rather splendid highlights here https://youtu.be/pCl3TQgIUhg. Doolan's 2nd half attempt would've been a great goal.

How come other teams come to our ground and go away with excellent highlights with close ups, slow mo, behind the goal shots, etc.

Meanwhile we pay £6 a month for footage that I assume has been shot on a Samsung Galaxy S5??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Rather splendid highlights here https://youtu.be/pCl3TQgIUhg. Doolan's 2nd half attempt would've been a great goal.

Looks like goalkeeper got tiny touch which probably prevented the goal. Normally I would credit him with a great save but he does not deserve it after his ridiculous time wasting antics in the first half.

Great highlights and some fabulous attacking by both teams. Defending not so good!

No other Jags striker would have have scored Doolan's goal. Superb predatory instincts. Its just a pity we havent been able to provide like that more often, perhaps because he has been ploughing a lone furrow for many years.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

How come other teams come to our ground and go away with excellent highlights with close ups, slow mo, behind the goal shots, etc.

Meanwhile we pay £6 a month for footage that I assume has been shot on a Samsung Galaxy S5??

George Francis now does the filming for Jagzone, hence the somewhat unprofessional recording. I'm positive George is good at his day job but a bit unfair expecting him to be able to record 90 minutes football to a decent standard.

I'm sure it would be a better idea to bring in a film and media student, looking for some work experience rather than continue this way.

Obviously the club aren't wanting to spend a lot of money on this but when you see the likes of Ayr Utd and QOTS producing quality footage you do wonder why we can't do similar.

29 minutes ago, Jag said:

George Francis now does the filming for Jagzone, hence the somewhat unprofessional recording. I'm positive George is good at his day job but a bit unfair expecting him to be able to record 90 minutes football to a decent standard.

I'm sure it would be a better idea to bring in a film and media student, looking for some work experience rather than continue this way.

Obviously the club aren't wanting to spend a lot of money on this but when you see the likes of Ayr Utd and QOTS producing quality footage you do wonder why we can't do similar.

The club are selling the match videos to their fans. They need to provide a better product or Jagzone will wither away. The difference between our clubs effort and that of QotS is startling.

Most Jags fans would have remained unaware that the Queens keeper got a hand to Dools second half shot if it hadn't been clearly visible in the free to air QotS video.

I question the value of Jagzone. I'm rather bored with the anodyne interviews. The match videos are poor. The only thing that I still use is the audio commentary of away matches. I think the quality of this is very good. But is it good value at £600 per year? 

2 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

The club are selling the match videos to their fans. They need to provide a better product or Jagzone will wither away. The difference between our clubs effort and that of QotS is startling.

Most Jags fans would have remained unaware that the Queens keeper got a hand to Dools second half shot if it hadn't been clearly visible in the free to air QotS video.

I question the value of Jagzone. I'm rather bored with the anodyne interviews. The match videos are poor. The only thing that I still use is the audio commentary of away matches. I think the quality of this is very good. But is it good value at £600 per year? 

Who the fck is paying £600 a year?

11 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

:lol:

Ah, yes. Should be concentrating on my work. £60 per year.

I don't really grudge a fiver a month. I was paying 7 quid a day for fags, before I gave up.

I like the content, pre and post match build up. Yes the in game coverage could be better, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

What pisses me off is when some fans seem to think that because we get beat, they should have some sort of devine right to Archie's post match video interview and it should be free to view, instead of reading it on the Website  Why should my package be devalued if we get beat! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, potty trained said:

What pisses me off is when some fans seem to think that because we get beat, they should have some sort of devine right to Archie's post match video interview and it should be free to view, instead of reading it on the Website  Why should my package be devalued if we get beat! 

Win, lose or draw every fan is entitled to hear/read the manager's post match comments. The day you have to pay (cost of newspaper and Beeb license fee aside) for that it's time to chuck it. A subscription based service can offer a more in depth interview with manager, players, whoever, which adds value to the subscription. I assume that's what you mean, PT.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Win, lose or draw every fan is entitled to hear/read the manager's post match comments. The day you have to pay (cost of newspaper and Beeb license fee aside) for that it's time to chuck it. A subscription based service can offer a more in depth interview with manager, players, whoever, which adds value to the subscription. I assume that's what you mean, PT.  

Not denying every fan should have access to the managers comments. And the club provide that via written form, free to read, on the website.

What seems to have been raised regularly this season, is that, when we have been beaten, the post match Jagzone video interview should be free to view. No one who has this opinion has been able to suggest why this is the case, how subscribers should be compensated or how much they should be compensated.

16 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Technology has certainly improved, but we really only had free to hear updates for 10 or 15 years. In ye olden days ie Lambies time we had to use club call to get any info

Wave of nostalgia just hit me!  I remember finding a 'dodgy' phone box close to my house, using the same 10p coin to feed through and dialling in for the latest news.  

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Paulo said:

Wave of nostalgia just hit me!  I remember finding a 'dodgy' phone box close to my house, using the same 10p coin to feed through and dialling in for the latest news.  

The details now escape me, but something like press down Button A, push a lollipop stick up, and the coins came flooding down!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 12:21 AM, dl1971 said:

I disagree. He is not a superstar but he gives his all. Its a team game and he does his best. To say he is a liability is pretty shameful in my book.

After tonight how are you feeling about your opinion. How many games is he going to cost us before you wake up?

We even went to a back 3 to stop him from giving away a goal and still he f****d it up.