QOS

eljaggo

8 hours ago, AndyMac said:

we may well be there, or there about at the end of the season. Which; following a truly dismal relegation and pretty haphazard team rebuild, would be no mean feat indeed.

No mean feat? Aye in the same way as if I burnt my own house down but managed to build myself a shed to live in using materials scavenged from the dump.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

By Stevenson, I assume you mean Sneddon?

You are quite right. A faint Bell was ringing in my mind as I was typing that name first time round and I have now edited.

I blame Thistle for signing 2 goalkeepers with the same S-E-ON surname combination and thus risk confusing the fans.

• Like 1

We just need to stay in touching difference of the teams above for the next month as the team will get better every week.

Ayr are top but they have all their best players performing, they will not keep this up. Inverness and county have full squads available.

We have Banzo getting better every game

Quitongo has been out for five months and is almost there

Keown did not have much of a preseason but was a lot beter yesterday.

Dolan has looked slow in the first games, but is now scoring

Brice has not played a lot in five months.

Elliot had lacked confidence but will get better.

Penrice and Fitzpatrick growing into good players

We had a strong bench yesterday that did not include Storrer, Gordon, Scobbie or McCarthy.

Three good results and teams will start to fear us again.

• Like 2

A very entertaining game yesterday. We saw both the good side of our game and the bad. Poor defending for both goals.

Banzo really did make a difference on how we moved the ball around the park. We used the width of the park well and we could have scored more. Great to see him back and would really be very surprised if there is any midfielder in the league was anywhere near as good as him. Slater also played well but playing these two probably made it more difficult for the center-backs as they don’t offer that much protection.

Queens’s first goal was a mess between Spittal and Elliot. Spittal for me has to go and challenge and shut down the attacker. Blair more than made up for it later on and really showed some quality with two good goals.

Not sure what has happened to Elliot – think maybe that mistake against Ayr has really affected him. People say he can’t play right back in a four but forget he did it effectively in a league above for 4 seasons. As we know we are short of options in his position so we just need to carry on and hope his form improves. I expect Archie to go to a back 3 next week and that will suit both full backs.

The passage of play that leads to our first goal was simply brilliant. Queens could not cope with our pass and move in the first period. Great to see us play such a high standard of football. If we can sort out our defence and start picking up points on the road we will be in the mix and the end of the season.

• Like 1

For us to push on from here we need to stop losing goals( and very poor ones at that )  at almost 2 a game it’s simply not  good enough  and we can’t depend on scoring 3 every game that’s not going to happen 

a win and losing only one goal on Friday would show we are turning the corner 

1 hour ago, erty13 said:

We just need to stay in touching difference of the teams above for the next month as the team will get better every week.

Ayr are top but they have all their best players performing, they will not keep this up. Inverness and county have full squads available.

We had a strong bench yesterday that did not include Storrer, Gordon, Scobbie or McCarthy.

Dolan and Storrer? When did we sign them?

58 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

The passage of play that leads to our first goal was simply brilliant. Queens could not cope with our pass and move in the first period. Great to see us play such a high standard of football. If we can sort out our defence and start picking up points on the road we will be in the mix and the end of the season.

The glass half empty reply to that is we won't always be blessed with playing on such a fine pitch. Even at traditionally good surfaces like Cappielow it's that bit narrower. For instance McGinty's super pass at the first goal would've been that much harder down there, maybe even impossible at Alloa.

Trying to play our expansive game away from home was where we were beginning to come unstuck under McNamara. It's not difficult as such to change set ups to suit individual circumstances. But whether we've the right squad to adjust remains to be seen. 

2 hours ago, erty13 said:

You missed Spittal- he was brilliant first few months for us last season and then as a still young player his confidence took a nosedive (to be honest the whole team went off the boil), decent in some games this season without being outstanding then got a goal last week, an assist and 2 goals this week I would put put that as a major positive 

id also add in sneddon when he has played he looks like he could potentially be number one with bells sometimes a tad inconsistent form

Edited by Third Lanark

39 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The glass half empty reply to that is we won't always be blessed with playing on such a fine pitch. Even at traditionally good surfaces like Cappielow it's that bit narrower. For instance McGinty's super pass at the first goal would've been that much harder down there, maybe even impossible at Alloa.

Trying to play our expansive game away from home was where we were beginning to come unstuck under McNamara. It's not difficult as such to change set ups to suit individual circumstances. But whether we've the right squad to adjust remains to be seen. 

That's the question! Have we the players to do the more ugly side of the game? Hopefully, Mccarthy can help make a difference. 

2 hours ago, erty13 said:

Most positive post on here for ages.

I'm sure we all hope you are right.

3 hours ago, erty13 said:

We need to stop conceding 2 goals a game 

5 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

No mean feat? Aye in the same way as if I burnt my own house down but managed to build myself a shed to live in using materials scavenged from the dump.

Well I would be impressed if we are promotion contenders, in fact, I would have been happy enough with mid table as I honestly thought we were candidates for relegation.

I believed that Archie and Shaggy should have gone at the end of last season. However, when the board said they were staying I accepted their decision and hoped for the best. I would be delighted if they proved my doubts wrong.

The excitement of a promotion race doesn't cut it for you?

What does float your boat? Archie getting the sack?

1 hour ago, One t in Scotland said:

Playing in the top league, getting to cup finals and beating the OF. You?

Yes; all of the above would float my boat too. In fact, you could probably chuck in winning the league and a European cup for good measure. Hope I live to see the day.

Nevertheless, we are where we are, and for this season mixing it up for promotion is as good as it will probably get.

32 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

Indeed - has the recent fayre served up dulled so many senses that suggesting you'd like to see a cup win or ( gasp ) an OF victory now ranks as likely to some as a European Cup triumph?

It depends on what you mean by recent, seing that we’ve not won a cup in my lifetime (I’m 43) and not beaten either of the Old Firm this century.