Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
eljaggo

QOS

Recommended Posts

On 9/28/2018 at 11:36 PM, Metz said:

After tonight how are you feeling about your opinion. How many games is he going to cost us before you wake up?

We even went to a back 3 to stop him from giving away a goal and still he f****d it up.

Hes made mistakes i agree. But to make him the scapegoat for our rank form is stupid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 12:19 PM, potty trained said:

It's very easy to credit Banzo, and rightly so, for his involvement in Doolan's goal, but Erskine's movement, dragging players left & right during the build up is superb. He takes Jacobs out wide to left back forcing their left back to move inside, then just as McGinty charges on, he pulls Jacobs back in, leaving a huge gap for Spittal to attack. Just perfect. 

Yet we bench him for the next game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Yet we bench him for the next game

According to AA's JagZone preview interview - Chris Erskine was 50/50 to play on Friday night after picking up a knock in the Queen of the South game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, potty trained said:

We went to a back 3 because of Elliott? Ok

Not the only reason but certainly part of the thinking. Your view on why we changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Hes made mistakes i agree. But to make him the scapegoat for our rank form is stupid. 

Our bad form is partly because he keeps giving goals away. What contribution is he making in your opinion that makes up for the 4/5 goals he has cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

The whole team was shite (again) on Friday 

Erskine has been rank, I have lost count  of the amount of times he has given possession away. He has no claim to a starting place and for the lack of depth in the squad is his only hope of a place on the bench. An inform Chris is an assist the current version is far from one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Metz said:

Not the only reason but certainly part of the thinking. Your view on why we changed?

You originally said that was why we went to a back three. You didn't say... one of the reasons we went to a back three was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Metz said:

Our bad form is partly because he keeps giving goals away. What contribution is he making in your opinion that makes up for the 4/5 goals he has cost?

Is it really 4/5 he has cost us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, potty trained said:

You originally said that was why we went to a back three. You didn't say... one of the reasons we went to a back three was.

Ok I agree not the only reason care to let us in to your thoughts rather than be pedantic about others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Metz said:

Ok I agree not the only reason care to let us in to your thoughts rather than be pedantic about others?

My thoughts are that we went 5 at the back because we get beat away from home. Be that through individual errors or collective mistakes. An quick way to resolve that would be to put an extra body in there for 90 minutes. Get away with a clean sheet and try and increase the confidence that's been erroded away. 

My pedantry was based on the fact that there's a quite obvious amount of scapegoating going on regards Elliott. It's actually disgusting to read at times. Some of the crap getting posted on here is getting ridiculous, fueled by sweeping generalisations and complete nonsense.  Some folk seem to have an agenda or a lack of understanding of the game. Which is worrying, when they pay money to watch it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, potty trained said:

My thoughts are that we went 5 at the back because we get beat away from home. Be that through individual errors or collective mistakes. An quick way to resolve that would be to put an extra body in there for 90 minutes. Get away with a clean sheet and try and increase the confidence that's been erroded away. 

My pedantry was based on the fact that there's a quite obvious amount of scapegoating going on regards Elliott. It's actually disgusting to read at times. Some of the crap getting posted on here is getting ridiculous, fueled by sweeping generalisations and complete nonsense.  Some folk seem to have an agenda or a lack of understanding of the game. Which is worrying, when they pay money to watch it. 

PT; it's good to know, that when I am in any doubt, I can always read your posts to set the matter straight.

Edited by AndyMac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, potty trained said:

So are you saying he should have started? I'm not sure what the point is you're making.

We should have set up identically to how we did Vs QoS, our best performance this season, but no we go defensive against an out of form team and we get the result we deserved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We should have set up identically to how we did Vs QoS, our best performance this season, but no we go defensive against an out of form team and we get the result we deserved 

It's incredibly frustrating when defensively minded managers persist in trying to play defensively when their defenders are clearly incapable of holding out for an entire match. And even worse when they repeat it match after match. I call it the "Hoping It'll Be Alright On The Night" school of managing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

We should have set up identically to how we did Vs QoS, our best performance this season, but no we go defensive against an out of form team and we get the result we deserved 

No that wasn't the point you were making at all.

 

You started off by replying to me effectively criticising the manager for dropping Erskine. Now that it's been pointed out to you that he was struggling with an injury you're now criticising the manager for taking steps to try and resolve our poor away form. 

 

You do see how that looks don't you?

 

A much better look would have been to hold your hands up and acknowledge you weren't aware he was injured, when you made your original point. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, potty trained said:

My thoughts are that we went 5 at the back because we get beat away from home. Be that through individual errors or collective mistakes. An quick way to resolve that would be to put an extra body in there for 90 minutes. Get away with a clean sheet and try and increase the confidence that's been erroded away. 

My pedantry was based on the fact that there's a quite obvious amount of scapegoating going on regards Elliott. It's actually disgusting to read at times. Some of the crap getting posted on here is getting ridiculous, fueled by sweeping generalisations and complete nonsense.  Some folk seem to have an agenda or a lack of understanding of the game. Which is worrying, when they pay money to watch it. 

hear, hear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, potty trained said:

No that wasn't the point you were making at all.

 

You started off by replying to me effectively criticising the manager for dropping Erskine. Now that it's been pointed out to you that he was struggling with an injury you're now criticising the manager for taking steps to try and resolve our poor away form. 

 

You do see how that looks don't you?

 

A much better look would have been to hold your hands up and acknowledge you weren't aware he was injured, when you made your original point. 

 

 

 

I was told the tactics were changed prior to knowing if Erskine would be fit or not, and even if not fit we have players that could fill that role and position. The setup was to avoid defeat.

One of the reasons Elliot is becoming a scapegoat (Unfairly in my opinion) is 1 mistake costs us the game, due to us not scoring, against QoS we attack, yes we lose 2 soft goals but we scored 3 and could score more, we also entertained for the 1st time in ages.

Line up against Dunfermline and you know if we lose a goal we’ll struggle to create a chance with our formation and tactics let alone take it, 5 defenders and 2 sitting midfielders!! What chance does Doolan have? We’d have struggled with Harry Kane up front for us due to next to no service. The defenders know there’s next to no real outball the game will be played in our half so yes they feel the pressure and mistakes happen.

Lets also remember the Pars are no great shakes this season, yet true to form they get a spark to their season playing us.

The mindset tells us that if we go a goal down we’re done for, but yet we sit deep, play flat and pass sideways or backwards. When opposition lose the ball they can stroll back via the pie stall and we still won’t have pressed forward more than 5 yards.

Our football is a dirge to watch (except QoS) our performances are crap and our away form a disgrace, we’ve tried the slow square ball game for over a year now and it’s relegated us, and has the real possibility of doing it again. 

 

Next 4 games we need a minimum of 7 points to stay with the pack, but an in form County, a new manager bounce United, an Ayr that’s flying (and pumped us twice) and Alloa on the tight plastic park I don’t hold much hope of more than 2 points, but I could see all 4 beating us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

 

Our football is a dirge to watch (except QoS) our performances are crap and our away form a disgrace, we’ve tried the slow square ball game for over a year now and it’s relegated us, and has the real possibility of doing it again. 

 

 

1

 Falkirk and Morton we played good football. 

How on earth does a square ball relegate you??? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

 Falkirk and Morton we played good football. 

How on earth does a square ball relegate you??? lol

Only for parts then held on for the rest by skin of our teeth.

If we don’t attack we don’t score so we don’t win. Played 7 only won 3 with a negative goal difference says it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Only for parts then held on for the rest by skin of our teeth.

If we don’t attack we don’t score so we don’t win. Played 7 only won 3 with a negative goal difference says it all

It says something - it doesn’t say it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Only for parts then held on for the rest by skin of our teeth.

If we don’t attack we don’t score so we don’t win. Played 7 only won 3 with a negative goal difference says it all

I don't remember us hanging on by the skin of our teeth against Falkirk at all. They scored their one goal in injury time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, potty trained said:

I don't remember us hanging on by the skin of our teeth against Falkirk at all. They scored their one goal in injury time. 

They pounded us the second half, we played well 1st half then stopped.

The bottom line is folk have stopped going as the entertainment and performances are poor and have been for nearly 18 months with the exception of 1 or 2 blips where we’ve played decent for the majority of a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

They pounded us the second half, we played well 1st half then stopped.

The bottom line is folk have stopped going as the entertainment and performances are poor and have been for nearly 18 months with the exception of 1 or 2 blips where we’ve played decent for the majority of a game

We were the better team for the first 30 of the second half. Falkirk only came into it in the last 15. As much as it pains you. We won 2.1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×