Storer

javeajag

22 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’ve just seen a tweet from storer that reminded me he wasn’t even on the bench today though fit.....anything g going on ?

Not aware of anything untoward. I think that he just happens to be the 19th best player at the moment. Any injury/suspension would probably bring him back in. Scobbie and Wilson in a similar boat.

3 hours ago, MonehJags said:

If he is worse than brice then god help us

If I was Storer I would be upset, at least he can play a bit , Brice is an absolute bomb scare of a player, another Archie signing who is a punt , don’t believe anyone scouted him or watched him. You can see even at our level he is out his depth.

waste of a wage 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bannigan and Slater are now fast nailing down the centre midfield starting places. Only one midfield substitute is required as Melbourne can cover Penrice who  in turn can cover midfield. While Bannigan completes his recovery, there is a good chance for the midfield substitute to get on to the pitch, so it seems to me that Ntambwe and Storer are competing for the last place on the bench, but still have a better chance of playing than other substitutes.

I think that Storer has to show Bannigan-like qualities of commanding the ball and keeping the play moving, and prove to Archie that he is a reliable option in this respect and better for the team than Ntambwe who is more of a static breaking up play type.

• Like 1

Storer only has himself to blame for not getting a game. Although, he wasn’t on the bench, he was on the pitch pregame messing about. It looks like he is only playing at being a professional footballer. 

If he screws the nut and start taking this seriously, I think he could turn out to be a decent player

He was down in Birmingham all week before the ICT game (he wasn’t suspended for any league games, just reserve games.)

I’m wondering if he’s had some personal problems and been told to go down the road and sort his head out. He was  on Instagram with all the usual football cliche p1sh this week so I hope he’s going to get his arse in gear. 

As partickthedog points out there wasn't space on the bench for both Storer and Brice. Also McCarthy may have been fit enough for a subs place as well.  Storer might well have been the stronger option between himself and Brice for a place on the bench. However there's little doubt that the latter needs game time and judging from what I've seen so far that can only be risked in cameo roles. Getting regular games in the reserves is all very well for general fitness but Brice also requires to develop a rapport with the first team players. 

If Brice continues to be harum scarum and Storer remains on the periphery then I guess there's a problem (actually two problems). Having a full balanced bench for once is maybe not the time to be concerned about an individual omission. 

Something is up with Storer imo he missed the game vs Inverness because he down in England with his family and night before the Inverness game he doing a live video on Instagram and McCarthy started telling him in his words “ stop ******* about we have training tomorrow “( this was through the live chat on Instagram)  Storer read it never answered and stopped the video not long after all very weird, don’t think Archie has mentioned it either.

Storer looks like a problem child.

But if he wants to make a career out of the game, now is the time to start. He has some first class professionals at Firhill who can set him a great example. If Erskine, Doolan, Bannigan and the management team cannot influence him then he can go on to the dole.

This is a different test of Archie and Paterson's management skills as we havent had many like him. He can use the senior pros without patronising the youngster. If we can help him reach his potential it would be great for all concerned so dont give up on him yet.

43 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

A question to those who have seen Storer play: Does he really look like he could be a better-than-average player?

I'll just do the positives. He has a fine range of passing and doesn't tend to give the ball to another player in a poorer position. In that respect a bit like Sean Welsh. He gets about the park, not exactly box to box but easily assumes different midfield roles. Putting pace aside he has quick feet, is clearly two footed and usually moves the ball forward more than others.  So, yes, he is better than the average player. 

eta.....worth bearing in mind I was a salesperson in a previous life :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, potty trained said:

Wouldn't be in the least bit upset if we told him to leave at Christmas. 

I said to my son that I'll be surprised if he is still with us beyond the January window.

Definite ability in there and I'd love to see him make it but may be too much hard work for the club.

1 hour ago, allyo said:

So you'd want a player to leave solely on the basis of one tackle? To be fair I didn't see it. Was it that bad?

In my opinion it was a disgusting challenge. There had been nothing to result in or merir retaliation. In fact Brown had had a pretty comfortable game. He hadnt put in any bad tackles on any Jag, never mind on Storer. 

It was a nasty challenge that could have ended another players career. Regardless of any opinion of Brown. I don't want to see a Thistle player to that. 

Go in hard, go in tough, that's fine. But what Storer did was snide. Studs showing, on the top of the foot/ankle area. Nowhere near the ball. I don't like that. 

53 minutes ago, potty trained said:

In my opinion it was a disgusting challenge. There had been nothing to result in or merir retaliation. In fact Brown had had a pretty comfortable game. He hadnt put in any bad tackles on any Jag, never mind on Storer. 

It was a nasty challenge that could have ended another players career. Regardless of any opinion of Brown. I don't want to see a Thistle player to that. 

Go in hard, go in tough, that's fine. But what Storer did was snide. Studs showing, on the top of the foot/ankle area. Nowhere near the ball. I don't like that. 

Maybe, but he isn’t the 1st and won’t be the last player to do it - even players who are lauded for their hard tackling.