Storer

javeajag

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Maybe, but he isn’t the 1st and won’t be the last player to do it - even players who are lauded for their hard tackling.

Nope, equally I saw John Robertson deliberately stamp on an opposition player. Regardless of the regularity, doesn't mean I should be any more accepting of it. 

2 hours ago, potty trained said:

In my opinion it was a disgusting challenge. There had been nothing to result in or merir retaliation. In fact Brown had had a pretty comfortable game. He hadnt put in any bad tackles on any Jag, never mind on Storer. 

It was a nasty challenge that could have ended another players career. Regardless of any opinion of Brown. I don't want to see a Thistle player to that. 

Go in hard, go in tough, that's fine. But what Storer did was snide. Studs showing, on the top of the foot/ankle area. Nowhere near the ball. I don't like that. 

Fair enough

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Was not the best tackle but at least he took on Brown during that game.  Good player. Great potential.

I'd rather Thistle players take on Brown the way previous ones have done successfully, like Erskine, or to his credit Edwards. I wouldn't suggest in any way possible that Storer took Brown on, in that game. 

1 hour ago, potty trained said:

I'd rather Thistle players take on Brown the way previous ones have done successfully, like Erskine, or to his credit Edwards. I wouldn't suggest in any way possible that Storer took Brown on, in that game. 

Can’t believe the stick Jack Storer is getting for one tackle especially on a player who has made a career out of being confrontational and also has dished it out , maybe Jack Storer got pissed off  with Scott Brown trying to referee the game as well and decided enough was enough . One of the problems we’ve got with the team just now is we’re a soft touch , there’s no Charnley , Hardie , Lennon or Albert Craig to win tackles or even to get involved in the physical side of the game.

Provided Storer listens to the senior pros round about him to remind he’s got to channel his aggression and stay on the park, I don’t see what the problem is or would you prefer our players just to sit back and admire the footballing abilities of better players and better teams .

Don’t think that’s the way it works in football , it’s a battle physically to try and win the game and the best teams have always had someone who takes the rules to the limit whether that’s a Roy Keane or a Ramos at Real Madrid.

Storer has got a lot to learn but there is ability there .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Can’t believe the stick Jack Storer is getting for one tackle especially on a player who has made a career out of being confrontational and also has dished it out , maybe Jack Storer got pissed off  with Scott Brown trying to referee the game as well and decided enough was enough . One of the problems we’ve got with the team just now is we’re a soft touch , there’s no Charnley , Hardie , Lennon or Albert Craig to win tackles or even to get involved in the physical side of the game.

Provided Storer listens to the senior pros round about him to remind he’s got to channel his aggression and stay on the park, I don’t see what the problem is or would you prefer our players just to sit back and admire the footballing abilities of better players and better teams .

Don’t think that’s the way it works in football , it’s a battle physically to try and win the game and the best teams have always had someone who takes the rules to the limit whether that’s a Roy Keane or a Ramos at Real Madrid.

It's almost like you completely ignored everything I said. Which is a shame. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

How much stick? 1 person having a conversation over 3 or 4 posts. That's hardly any stick. Who he fouled has no relevance. If he'd done the same to someone you like, would you have less of an opinion of him? That says more about you, sadly. 

As I said, I have no issue with tough tackling. I loved watching Hugh Murray in the middle of the park. Very much on the Roy Keane mould. I called for us to be making moves for Paton during the close season. 

Again, I haven't said I don't want out players to tackle. So no idea why you assume I think they should just stand back and admire the opposition.

Again, no problem  having someone who takes the rules to the limit. If you think a snide stamp on someone's ankle that could end their career is taking it to the limit, I'd rather watch a different game. 

Edited by potty trained

6 minutes ago, potty trained said:

How much stick? 1 person having a conversation over 3 or 4 posts. That's hardly any stick. Who he fouled has no relevance. If he'd done the same to someone you like, would you have less of an opinion of him? That says more about you, sadly. 

As I said, I have no issue with tough tackling. I loved watching Hugh Murray in the middle of the park. Very much on the Roy Keane mould. I called for us to be making moves for Paton during the close season. 

Again, I haven't said I don't want out players to tackle. So no idea why you assume I think they should just stand back and admire the opposition.

Again, no problem  having someone who takes the rules to the limit. If you think a snide stamp on someone's ankle that could end their career is taking it to the limit, I'd rather watch a different game. 

I/We’ve no idea what went on before that whether it was verbals or whatever , but Scott Brown has made a career out of being confrontational and in your face .

Remember this is the guy who put Harry Cochrane out the game for 3 months , basically because the youngster had bossed him the previous game, Storer’s tackle wasn’t even remotely at that level .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Edited by jlsarmy

5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I/We’ve no idea what went on before that whether it was verbals or whatever , but Scott Brown has made a career out of being confrontational and in your face .

Remember this is the guy who put Harry Cochrane out the game for 3 months , basically because the youngster had bossed him the previous game, Storer’s tackle wasn’t even remotely at that level .

Or nothing went on before it?

The boy has talent. Just needs some guidance with keeping the heid. The tackle on Brown was poor but he’s not the first footballer to put in a poor tackle. And no harm came of it. 

Would be a shame if he left in December, especially if it is at the expense of Mtwembe who unfortunately does not look like a player at all. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised there is so much opinion, especially divided opinion, on the boy at this stage.  I certainly haven't seen enough from him to say he's potentially great, or that he's a complete waste.  Shows some nice touches, some really daft touches.  The only point I'd make is the times I've seen him, I struggle to identify where he's trying to play.  For periods he can be the last midfielder back while we're attacking, or the furthest up the pitch while we're defending.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the reserve game. Terrible performance. Storer sent off. Not surprised cause he is a ticking time bomb. Thought he was unlucky to get sent off as he only shoved the hibs player in the chest. Think storer’s reputation preceded him which is why the ref sent him off. 

He really should have just been given a 6 month contract- now he will likely be paid off in January and we will have wasted more money. 

Should also have only given Brice a 6 month deal to prove himself and don’t think Mcginty should have been given 2 years either 

Edited by Third Lanark