Storer

javeajag

Same ref today that sent him off previously for the reserves too.  

Also I saw Gary Fraser got straight red in 1st half whilst turning out as trilaist for Cowdenbeath on Sat.  Jack should take long look at what happened with Gary and the wasted talent and screw the nut, however can’t see that being with us.

Far too much being read into a reserve match, which is basically being used as a friendly to give people some game time. And while we don't have a manager. It's not a big deal. 

I don't have an opinion on Storer, since virtually everything I know about him is what I've read on here (though I appreciate that doesn't stop a lot of people).

20 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

No sign of Coulibaly?

Bizarre. Waited so long for his registration to come through then the first 2 games after we have it he's not in either squad.

He should have played some part in the game yesterday if only to get his match fitness up. We need him in the first team ASAP.

2 hours ago, redandyellowallover said:

Bizarre. Waited so long for his registration to come through then the first 2 games after we have it he's not in either squad.

He should have played some part in the game yesterday if only to get his match fitness up. We need him in the first team ASAP.

Possible reason could've been the artificial surface, which played dreadful. That's a bit thin as unlike Bannigan he's not returning from injury and we could always have moved the game to Firhill.

Was all in favour at the time but bringing forward the United fixture is not working out well.

10 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Possible reason could've been the artificial surface, which played dreadful. That's a bit thin as unlike Bannigan he's not returning from injury and we could always have moved the game to Firhill.

Was all in favour at the time but bringing forward the United fixture is not working out well.

That's a fair point. Maybe we would rather the playing surface at Firhill was protected more coming into the winter than moving a game there to suit one player, as you say though he's not coming off of an injury.

If he's not on the bench this Saturday though then questions should be getting asked.

1 hour ago, Hankey said:

Theres 5 bonafide first team players in there. How often does that happen in a reserve game? We've been going into these games often with teams full of kids and barely even a sub or two. 

Really? How many would be first choice? I'll give you possibly McCarthy, but he's been injured and the rest are bench warmers. How many league starting appearances between them?

Goal by Callum Wilson was superb.

A few decent saves near the end to keep the score at 2-8!

Mutombo has a reasonable claim to be regarded as a first team squad player. He seemed to put in some decent passages of  attacking play, though of course the highlights may not be an accurate reflection  of his overall contribution.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, elevenone said:

Same ref today that sent him off previously for the reserves too.  

Also I saw Gary Fraser got straight red in 1st half whilst turning out as trilaist for Cowdenbeath on Sat.  Jack should take long look at what happened with Gary and the wasted talent and screw the nut, however can’t see that being with us.

Saw Edinburgh City play Cowdenbeath the other weekend. Balatoni absolutely strolled it and scored the winner - Fraser was anonymous for Cowden, got booked and then subbed. Was saying to my son how I thought when he first came to us there was no way we would hang on to him he was that good!

On 10/9/2018 at 11:52 AM, redandyellowallover said:

That's a fair point. Maybe we would rather the playing surface at Firhill was protected more coming into the winter than moving a game there to suit one player, as you say though he's not coming off of an injury.

If he's not on the bench this Saturday though then questions should be getting asked.

Who of ?