Storer

javeajag

9 minutes ago, Caramaca said:

Or buy mutual consent 

If nobody else wants him we could be stuck with him. Would you walk out of a job without another one to go to?

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

As is 5 others. Well 1 before then

So about 1/4 of the calendar probably wont be with us come February.

18 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

If nobody else wants him we could be stuck with him. Would you walk out of a job without another one to go to?

So about 1/4 of the calendar probably wont be with us come February.

No I would not, but for one reason or another he will be away in Jan

Edited by Caramaca

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Still not to sure why he was signed sure there’s potential talent there, but there was potential talent with shankland which we could have taken a gamble on 

Think I'm getting a dod of deja vu . We put a bid in over the summer for Shankland, who had signed a contract extension at Ayr in May. The bid was was knocked back.  

39 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Would be very disappointed if Bannigan didn't sign to the end of the season at least. He was on our wage bill for about 2 years when he hardly kicked a ball for us .

He was barely being paid the last year till he got fit, so if he was to get a chance at a top 3 club in Premiership or stay with a potential 1st division team remembering his career took 2 years out, where do you think he’d go not just for money but for his career?

50 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

He was barely being paid the last year till he got fit, so if he was to get a chance at a top 3 club in Premiership or stay with a potential 1st division team remembering his career took 2 years out, where do you think he’d go not just for money but for his career?

If Thistle had freed him when he got the injury, would any other club have taken him on and paid his wages for 2 years , no matter how small ? He would have also got physio treatment  from us as well. Maybe expecting a bit to much, looking for a bit of loyalty.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

If Thistle had freed him when he got the injury, would any other club have taken him on and paid his wages for 2 years , no matter how small ? He would have also got physio treatment  from us as well. Maybe expecting a bit to much, looking for a bit of loyalty.

Maybe they would have, maybe they wouldn't. Who knows. It's a short career and not particularly lucrative at this level, Bannigan absolutely has to look after himself first and foremost. 

20 minutes ago, sandy said:

If this is proved correct, we need to bin him. No room in football for players who behave like that.

Probably won't happen like that, Sandy. Like anyone else Quitongo is innocent until proved guilty. No real knowledge of legal matters but most trials appear to occur some months after a charge. His trial then is likely to take place after his contract runs out.

I suspect the Club will not offer Quitongo a contract extension based entirely on footballing reasons. 

49 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Probably won't happen like that, Sandy. Like anyone else Quitongo is innocent until proved guilty. No real knowledge of legal matters but most trials appear to occur some months after a charge. His trial then is likely to take place after his contract runs out.

I suspect the Club will not offer Quitongo a contract extension based entirely on footballing reasons. 

Gerry Britton confirmed that contracts had been offered to Quitongo & Bannigan at the recent MTM night, which they were considering. I would assume that offer would now be withdrawn & Quitongo would leave the club when his contract expires in January.

Think it's pretty obvious that Bannigan will go in January. He is too good for this league and he is playing catch-up in terms of his future in the game. Any sense of loyalty to the club will have been diminished because of the change in management. I'll be sad to see him go but I'd entirely understand it if he does.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You may well be correct, but I doubt he will be in our squad on Saturday.