Dunfermline away.

Garscube Road End

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

Basically, we are utterly shite.

Being charitable, "we" is not strictly true. Up until Elliot's disaster I thought we were beginning to get somewhere. Then, Doolan is punted when we needed to get further on top and Christie brainfart Elliot has another brainfart. Tactics and a shit right back are utterly shite  imo.

1 minute ago, Colognejag said:

Being charitable, "we" is not strictly true. Up until Elliot's disaster I thought we were beginning to get somewhere. Then, Doolan is punted when we needed to get further on top and Christie brainfart Elliot has another brainfart. Tactics and a shit right back are utterly shite  imo.

I Don't remember us creating one chance.

A serious lack of quality forward play tonight  (or simply playing for a point / lack of ambition) plus our complementary gift to the opposition. One step forward one step back. Dunfermline were bang average too with their supporters booing them until they scored. The couple of near things for us at the end underlines our lack of ambition for most of the game. 

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

I Don't remember us creating one chance.

I did say "charitable"... Thought we were getting on top which ultimately normally gets chances. Not when at that stage you take a striker off instead of a defensive player and bring on an attacking one and go for it.

Maybe we can just invite the rest of the league to ground share with us. We don't do away games.

Or maybe get rid of the problem...

I thought we looked very comfortable up until Captain Calamity struck. That was despite changing to 3 at the back to accommodate Christie's defensive weaknesses

We went down from the SPL last year largely because Archie chose to play Elliot ahead of recognised fullbacks in the closing games of the season. Is he going to sacrifice this season just to prove Elliot isn't a right back or wing back?

Elliot's confidence is shot and the captaincy looks a burden on him. Give the armband to Bannigan and drop Elliot for his own sake. There must be someone in the reserves who can play right back? If not sign someone/anyone who is a proper rightback or our season is over

The only other manager who was as negative in my lifetime was Bertie Auld , when you set up your team as a 5 at the back with two holding midfield players all you are really doing is inviting teams onto you and you absolutely get what you deserve setting your team up that way .

Got to play to our strengths which are Doolan , Erskine , Mutombo , Fitzpatrick and possibly Quitongo, not sure that’s going to happen with Archie as manager .