Dunfermline away.

Garscube Road End

Performance apart, was wearing that dull blue away strip necessary last night?   It's obviously essential at the likes of Tannadice (which I attended),  but I always feel slightly cheated travelling to away games and seeing the team not coming out in red & yellow.  Watching the match on TV last night, it was a dull spectacle visually and I reckon that strip doesn't help the team much when trying to find and judge passes to our own players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I wouldn't have said it was a howler from Elliott, more an unlucky bounce off his heel.

But, we gave Dunfermline a real masterclass in useless sideways and backwards passing while they simply stood and let us do it... no threat, no goals, no chance of winning with that style of play.

I wouldnt say it was a howler either, I would have said it was a lot worse than that. The decision making for someone making a career in football is staggering.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, Elliot would struggle to get a game for Albion Rovers or Clyde.

1 hour ago, weebaldie said:

Performance apart, was wearing that dull blue away strip necessary last night?   It's obviously essential at the likes of Tannadice (which I attended),  but I always feel slightly cheated travelling to away games and seeing the team not coming out in red & yellow.  Watching the match on TV last night, it was a dull spectacle visually and I reckon that strip doesn't help the team much when trying to find and judge passes to our own players.

This is the least of our problems.

Dunfermline looked utter shite 1st half but we did nothing to really go at them. They grew in confidence after the goal and deservedly won.

We need a new manager: I was behind Archie up until the Play-Off but after that cluster***k he should have been punted. 

Dodds and McIntyre still available?

2 hours ago, weebaldie said:

Here here my exact thoughts at 7.45 last night.    There was no need to wear that terrible strip      worst ever.............

1 hour ago, thebiglemon said:

Dunfermline looked utter shite 1st half but we did nothing to really go at them. They grew in confidence after the goal and deservedly won.

We need a new manager: I was behind Archie up until the Play-Off but after that cluster***k he should have been punted. 

Dodds and McIntyre are likely available because noone wants them 

It doesn’t appear that there are ANY good teams in this league, only bad teams and even worse teams.

So why are we terrified of the opposition when we play away? We have 3 attackers on the bench every week. We might lose 3-4 or possibly even win if we actually played them! We might even be entertained. I know several fans who no longer turn up to watch the dross being dished up and can hardly blame them.

Its clearly time to drop Christie. We may not have a replacement but it doesn’t matter because anyone , even though playing out of position would be better. I would go for either Slater or Spittal.

41 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

It doesn’t appear that there are ANY good teams in this league, only bad teams and even worse teams.

So why are we terrified of the opposition when we play away? We have 3 attackers on the bench every week. We might lose 3-4 or possibly even win if we actually played them! We might even be entertained. I know several fans who no longer turn up to watch the dross being dished up and can hardly blame them.

Its clearly time to drop Christie. We may not have a replacement but it doesn’t matter because anyone , even though playing out of position would be better. I would go for either Slater or Spittal.

Why is it that others teams who are struggling beat us eg Dundee Utd, Dumfermline, Caley, East Fife?  Dundee Utd today being humped by Ross County. Looks as though County will be the favourites to go straight up. Our away form is criminal. 

23 minutes ago, its4nothing! said:

Why is it that others teams who are struggling beat us eg Dundee Utd, Dumfermline, Caley, East Fife?  Dundee Utd today being humped by Ross County. Looks as though County will be the favourites to go straight up. Our away form is criminal. 

Because we are total crap....simple 

Its quite an achievement to take a top six spl side that you inherited from previous mansgers and in the space of 18 months  have us struggling in the league below. Destroyed the promotion winning side over 4 years and replaced it with negative unprofessional gutless pish. But no to worry. Our  manager is  untouchable. Sadly there is only one way we are going unless it all changes. THis club and its  fans deserve better than this shite

1 hour ago, Keiththejag said:

Its quite an achievement to take a top six spl side that you inherited from previous mansgers and in the space of 18 months  have us struggling in the league below. Destroyed the promotion winning side over 4 years and replaced it with negative unprofessional gutless pish. But no to worry. Our  manager is  untouchable. Sadly there is only one way we are going unless it all changes. THis club and its  fans deserve better than this shite

I’m in no way defending Archibald, but how many of the top 6  side were inherited by previous managers?

47 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I’m in no way defending Archibald, but how many of the top 6  side were inherited by previous managers?

Archibald took us to top 6. A number of fans on this forum says he was lucky. I don't think so,but the decline in form and results since that is alarming and at the moment he seems unable to turn our away form around.Which is strange as when he first became our manager our away form was poor and he managed to go unbeaten and won promotion.Our next 2 home games are vital.If we were to lose them or only take 1 point our board would have a decision to make.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Archibald took us to top 6. A number of fans on this forum says he was lucky. I don't think so,but the decline in form and results since that is alarming 

Absolutely. Only the churlish could deny that Archie did a grand job in the promotion season and at least the next two. However at that point a decline began - masked by good results against other teams around us but entertainment levels decreasing. Culminating in this season and last with the consistent turgid dross served up that saps all enthusiasm.

Edited by One t in Scotland

anyone and everyone and that includes the board members who were present last night at Dunfermline now know that the time is up for the manager.

it's not that we lost the game it was the manner in which we lost

it's a sad time for jags fans ,archie has always been one of us, but i'm afraid times up archie, time to move on

as wattie always told me,  nobody yes nobody was bigger than the club

directors, managers, players come and go, the only constant is the supporters, we are ptfc

and we deserve better than this  

onwards and upwards   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, watties wallies said:

anyone and everyone and that includes the board members who were present last night at Dunfermline now know that the time is up for the manager.

it's not that we lost the game it was the manner in which we lost

it's a sad time for jags fans ,archie has always been one of us, but i'm afraid times up archie, time to move on

as wattie always told me,  nobody yes nobody was bigger than the club

directors, managers, players come and go, the only constant is the supporters, we are ptfc

and we deserve better than this  

onwards and upwards   

I couldn’t agree more watched the game last night watched our chairman proudly speak about the club and thought can you not see what the fans are seeing a team absolutely dying on the Park because our manager just can’t cut it 

the board have to wake up it’s not going to improve with Archibald as manager I can’t believe we have went from the team 5 years ago to this we are dire and the fans know it and the opposition knows it times up chairman  and board get Archie chased or you will lose the fans 

A lot of clubs like to see the jags supporters coming to support the team but I can only see it dwindling away as the team support turns up but the TEAM doesn’t ti:e to stand up for the supporters  maybe a petition is needed turn up at the game turn your back to the footballs silent protest and jeer these idiots who chant Archie songs 

11 hours ago, thebiglemon said:

Dodds & McIntyre ffs i would rather have the Anti Christ in charge!

Hard to give an objective opinion having watched the worst game ever, but.....

Can understand how we set up being the away side.

Cannot understand that after the first 15 minutes we didn't change formation to get support to our front player.

Two teams attempting to catch each other on the break for 90 minutes, was just ridiculous.

I know the Pars won, but I wouldn't be happy turning up to watch them at home if they set up like that every time.

In other news, Bannigan had a good first half and we looked ok without having to do much or attempting to do much ourselves.

Elliot and Penrice look worse than I remember and I think Erskine has crossed one bridge too far.

As for Archie, he has earned the right to be given a chance and secure a top four place this season.

Even I'm left wondering whether this can now be achieved. 

We need at least 6 new players and maybe, I'm sad to say, a new manager.

52 minutes ago, jaggyben said:

I couldn’t agree more watched the game last night watched our chairman proudly speak about the club and thought can you not see what the fans are seeing a team absolutely dying on the Park because our manager just can’t cut it 

the board have to wake up it’s not going to improve with Archibald as manager I can’t believe we have went from the team 5 years ago to this we are dire and the fans know it and the opposition knows it times up chairman  and board get Archie chased or you will lose the fans 

A lot of clubs like to see the jags supporters coming to support the team but I can only see it dwindling away as the team support turns up but the TEAM doesn’t ti:e to stand up for the supporters  maybe a petition is needed turn up at the game turn your back to the footballs silent protest and jeer these idiots who chant Archie songs 

With your keyboard having no punctuation keys, and me having had a few beers, can I just say that your post took a fair bit of reading.

But I think I empathise with some of your sentiments.:)

Archies TV Alba comments before the game centred on us making real progress and evidenced this by stating we'd gone from 3 on the bench at the start of the season to a full bench last night :doh:

I watched every minute hoping upon hope that it would get better & as that notion diminished with every passing minute I felt an increasing anger that fellow fans had yet again given of their time and spent their hard earned cash to get up across the Queensferry crossing - just to be subjected to that total tactical embarrassment.

Might be helpful in future if the manager could update the OS if he has absolutely no intention of sending a team out tactically to have a go /win so fans can make the call & stay at home. 

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

Hard to give an objective opinion having watched the worst game ever, but.....

Can understand how we set up being the away side.

Cannot understand that after the first 15 minutes we didn't change formation to get support to our front player.

Two teams attempting to catch each other on the break for 90 minutes, was just ridiculous.

I know the Pars won, but I wouldn't be happy turning up to watch them at home if they set up like that every time.

In other news, Bannigan had a good first half and we looked ok without having to do much or attempting to do much ourselves.

Elliot and Penrice look worse than I remember and I think Erskine has crossed one bridge too far.

As for Archie, he has earned the right to be given a chance and secure a top four place this season.

Even I'm left wondering whether this can now be achieved. 

We need at least 6 new players and maybe, I'm sad to say, a new manager.

Agree with the majority of your post , except with the part you understood how we set up, playing a defensive set up at this level is an absolute nonsense with plenty of attacking options on the bench, there was 2 results today away from home where Ayr beat Morton 5-1 and County beat Dundee Utd 5-1 , do you think their philosophy was let’s sit in and see if we can sneak a point .

Archibald is undoubtedly the problem for this philosophy and because of his negativity it’s now manifesting it’s way through the players , Club and supporters .

Time is up for Archie 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

Archies TV Alba comments before the game centred on us making real progress and evidenced this by stating we'd gone from 3 on the bench at the start of the season to a full bench last night :doh:

I watched every minute hoping upon hope that it would get better & as that notion diminished with every passing minute I felt an increasing anger that fellow fans had yet again given of their time and spent their hard earned cash to get up across the Queensferry crossing - just to be subjected to that total tactical embarrassment.

Might be helpful in future if the manager could update the OS if he has absolutely no intention of sending a team out tactically to have a go /win so fans can make the call & stay at home. 

The fans might have saved some hard earned cash on petrol money by taking the more direct route over the Kincardine Bridge.

20 hours ago, thebiglemon said:

I believe they are. Robbie neilson for me. He'll, at the very least, create some dig in centre of the pitch. We seem to have no back bone.

i've been in the give it til Christmas camp but the inconsistent performances and tactics have broken me