Dunfermline away.

Garscube Road End

5 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Probably didn’t phrase it properly, the level that we’re playing at just now is basically a league where there isn’t a lot of difference between the teams , there should be nothing to be afraid of in terms of trying to get a result .

The way Archie sets up the team makes it almost impossible to sneak a result , if my opinion if you want to sit in and hit teams on the break you’ve got to have 4 or 5 players bursting a gut to get forward on the counterattack, usually all we’ve got is an isolated Kris Doolan .

Without a doubt these safety first tactics are coming from Archibald, are you seriously telling me we should have been afraid of what damage Dunfermline could do to us , if we’ve to believe the spin coming from Firhill about promotion is that the way to go about it ?

Unfortunately, our current team's idea of sitting in and hitting teams on the break means eventually getting possession, and then making nine or ten sideways passes across the middle of the park, with no real attempt by anybody to get forward at all let alone bursting a gut. Then, when the opposition realises that we pose no threat and come to dispossess us, somebody passes back to somebody else, who punts it high for Kris Doolan to lose.

5 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

I know they're a Mickey Mouse club but Livingston have already beaten Hibs and Rangers and drawn at Tynecastle whilst gathering 14 points. If PTFC had stayed up we'd be sitting on 2 points and bleating about a 'tough start'.

Well done to Livingston yesterday. They've managed to do something that we have failed miserably to do in 25 years (cue posts saying no they haven't cos the team they beat yesterday didn't exist 25 years ago etc.).

Also well done to McCall's Ayr... now there's an exciting team to watch at the moment!

I suppose if I am disappointed in anything it is the fact that teams like Ayr, Livingston etc are able to pick up players, presumably available to us, and weld them into an incredibly effective unit. At a higher level Wright and Clarke and Robinson are doing a very effective job where we should be operating and in some way that makes them very combative, at times entertaining and certainly not easy to beat.

Are we any of these things?

4 minutes ago, jagfaelivi said:

I suppose if I am disappointed in anything it is the fact that teams like Ayr, Livingston etc are able to pick up players, presumably available to us, and weld them into an incredibly effective unit. At a higher level Wright and Clarke and Robinson are doing a very effective job where we should be operating and in some way that makes them very combative, at times entertaining and certainly not easy to beat.

Are we any of these things?

At home, yes. We are quite a few of these things. 

6 minutes ago, potty trained said:

The next 4 games will define our season. 

I think the next 2 will, in that if we lose them both, there will need to be a change of management.

That will then define our season, in that there are a lot of spectacularly bad appointments that can be made. As well as good ones.

If we get results in the next two games, then that moment shall just roll forward until the next bad run of results, otherwise known as away games.

Edited by jaf
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

I know they're a Mickey Mouse club but Livingston have already beaten Hibs and Rangers and drawn at Tynecastle whilst gathering 14 points. If PTFC had stayed up we'd be sitting on 2 points and bleating about a 'tough start'.

So much this. 5 seasons in the top flight. No wins over Celtic. One win over Aberdeen. No wins over Lennon’s Hibs (just the one over Butcher’s). Two wins over insolvent Hearts; one over Levein’s. No wins over Sevco.

There is just about an excuse for lining up defensively against teams with much better resources than you.

But Dunfermline away? **** me...

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

So much this. 5 seasons in the top flight. No wins over Celtic. One win over Aberdeen. No wins over Lennon’s Hibs (just the one over Butcher’s). Two wins over insolvent Hearts; one over Levein’s. No wins over Sevco.

There is just about an excuse for lining up defensively against teams with much better resources than you.

But Dunfermline away? **** me...

That will be teams like Hamilton and Livingston with less resources than us ?!

i can not comprehend why those who presently run our club appear so unconcerned at our present plight. someone, somewhere at firhill must be aware of the feelings of the majority of long-suffering fans. their attitude towards us, therefore,  is one of contempt. the performances over the past 18 months have been unacceptable.  if the directors do not acknowledge that fact, then we truly are doomed...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robphil said:

i can not comprehend why those who presently run our club appear so unconcerned at our present plight. someone, somewhere at firhill must be aware of the feelings of the majority of long-suffering fans. their attitude towards us, therefore,  is one of contempt. the performances over the past 18 months have been unacceptable.  if the directors do not acknowledge that fact, then we truly are doomed...

You can't comprehend why the people in charge at Firhill are conducting themselves in a professional manner?

And acting professionally shows contempt to the fans?

The directors have acknowledged that last season was shite, im pretty sure they did that during the pre season. 

How do you think they should be behaving? 

The manager is the problem and always has been.

with the right man in charge this team could do things this season especially as Bannigan now seems to be back.

i am fed up of hearing “who would we get though” 

killie would never have thought they would get Clarke and same with Livi so let’s give it a go and see..Anything would be better than the current dross.

Giving Archie more time didn’t work last season and it won’t work this season. Let’s learn from our mistakes.

Utd’s decision to bin shabba will change there season.

its time to act now

24 minutes ago, potty trained said:

You can't comprehend why the people in charge at Firhill are conducting themselves in a professional manner?

And acting professionally shows contempt to the fans?

The directors have acknowledged that last season was shite, im pretty sure they did that during the pre season. 

How do you think they should be behaving? 

It’s not “unprofessional” to communicate with your fans properly, to acknowledge the validity of their significant concerns and to develop and effectively communicate a plan of action to respond to those concerns.

Nor, for that matter, is it unprofessional to expect a manager with a seven figure budget in this division to assemble a squad with more than half a player who can play at right back, and to be swift and decisive at removing someone from a post who isn’t doing their job acceptably well.

Alan Archibald has not been doing his job acceptably well for 18 months. This fact is putting our side at risk of relegation to the third tier when a club like ours by resource, recent history and infrastructure should be comfortably top 3 in this league.

If the Club is to be professional, our manager should at least be “on notice” now (he might well be but I suspect he’s not). Professional outfits don’t treat defective employment relationships as charity cases.

13 minutes ago, Paukea said:

The manager is the problem and always has been.

with the right man in charge this team could do things this season especially as Bannigan now seems to be back.

i am fed up of hearing “who would we get though” 

killie would never have thought they would get Clarke and same with Livi so let’s give it a go and see..Anything would be better than the current dross.

Giving Archie more time didn’t work last season and it won’t work this season. Let’s learn from our mistakes.

Utd’s decision to bin shabba will change there season.

its time to act now

I will give you Clark, he has turned Kilmarnock around. However, Holt has achieved nothing so far. OK, they are 3rd after 7 games and have managed good results against “big teams”. But, there are still 31 games to go in that league. Wait till then before proclaiming him a good manager.

29 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I will give you Clark, he has turned Kilmarnock around. However, Holt has achieved nothing so far. OK, they are 3rd after 7 games and have managed good results against “big teams”. But, there are still 31 games to go in that league. Wait till then before proclaiming him a good manager.

He’s picked up 14 points from 7 games, Archie picked up 33 from 38 last season he’s had a better start than we did in any of our years in Premiership under Archie

30 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

It’s not “unprofessional” to communicate with your fans properly, to acknowledge the validity of their significant concerns and to develop and effectively communicate a plan of action to respond to those concerns.

Nor, for that matter, is it unprofessional to expect a manager with a seven figure budget in this division to assemble a squad with more than half a player who can play at right back, and to be swift and decisive at removing someone from a post who isn’t doing their job acceptably well.

Alan Archibald has not been doing his job acceptably well for 18 months. This fact is putting our side at risk of relegation to the third tier when a club like ours by resource, recent history and infrastructure should be comfortably top 3 in this league.

If the Club is to be professional, our manager should at least be “on notice” now (he might well be but I suspect he’s not). Professional outfits don’t treat defective employment relationships as charity cases.

Sorry, I keep reading the stuff in bold and pish myself laughing :lol:

2 hours ago, potty trained said:

Sorry, I keep reading the stuff in bold and pish myself laughing :lol:

I’m not sure what’s so funny about the suggestions that:

1. A lot of fans have valid concerns about the club’s footballing performances and results falling off a cliff in the last 18 months

2. The Club has been poor at acknowledging those concerns and explaining openly and honestly what they’re going to do about it (Gerry “Shut Up and Eat Your Cereal” Britton’s Comic Ali-style interventions notwithstanding).

3. That the Club has been anything but swift or decisive on the manager front when compared to literally any football club in post Millenium British football to see such a sharp decline.

4. That a team in 7th place is at risk of being relegated (at a minimum) through the playoffs.

5. That Archie’s performance as manager in the last 18 months should have him on a shoogly peg (you’ve said yourself that the next 4 games define the season). If we are not in the top half after the first quarter or are, say, more than 3 points adrift of 4th by that point, is it really unreasonable to expect the Board to give serious contemplation to asking Archie to move on and give someone else the run-up to a transfer window to try and turn things around?

6. That someone who fails to achieve their bare minimum objective at work for a year and who then does even more poorly in a less senior environment should be thought to have become an ineffective employee whose continued association with the club should be candidly discussed.

No doubt though Potty Trained knows better and we should Shut Up and Eat Our Cereal.

9 hours ago, potty trained said:

The next 4 games will define our season. 

Unlike the previous 4 games which we will ignore and hey ho by the 27th Oct everything will be fine maybe.....possibly or do the emu sorry board thing   Lucky for Archie he has 3 games at home and the mighty Alloa away. 

So what out of the next 4 games do you deem as acceptable in relation to results ???    Or are you going to post on a game by game basis  

my thoughts on the next 4 games 

Ross County Draw/win

Dundee Utd Win

Alloa Win

Ayr Draw/Win 

anything less than these results then he should go 

That is a good point someone made regarding fixtures when we were in the premier. People were actually just writing off 12-15 games per season when we played the top 4/5.

'Aye but weve had a difficult run of fixtures, it must be the SFA who want us relegated'

Its that ilk that want Archie to drain our soul. I mean, what more do you need to see? Theres always some shite excuse and im fed up with it.

And you say were not real supporters for not backing the manager? This ignorance will see us stagnate for years as the money disappears.

Enough is enough.

Edited by MonehJags
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ruchillnomore said:

Unlike the previous 4 games which we will ignore and hey ho by the 27th Oct everything will be fine maybe.....possibly or do the emu sorry board thing   Lucky for Archie he has 3 games at home and the mighty Alloa away. 

So what out of the next 4 games do you deem as acceptable in relation to results ???    Or are you going to post on a game by game basis  

my thoughts on the next 4 games 

Ross County Draw/win

Dundee Utd Win

Alloa Win

Ayr Draw/Win 

anything less than these results then he should go 

In fairness our last 4 league games have seen us win two. Hey Ho though, lets ignore that. As folk strangely say, its his home form keeping him in a job. Or more accurately, bloody winning games is keeping him in a job.

Regards the next 4. the toughest comes first, I'd accept a draw at least.  

Dundee United Win.

Alloa Win.

Ayr Win.

Realistically we should be getting 10 points from this run. If we don't, then I'd be looking at the circumstances around that. 8 points bare minimum to stay in the job. But yes, I will look at it on a game by game basis.

20 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

That is a good point someone made regarding fixtures when we were in the premier. People were actually just writing off 12-15 games per season when we played the top 4/5.

'Aye but weve had a difficult run of fixtures, it must be the SFA who want us relegated'

Its that ilk that want Archie to drain our soul. I mean, what more do you need to see? Theres always some shite excuse and im fed up with it.

And you say were not real supporters for not backing the manager? This ignorance will see us stagnate for years as the money disappears.

Enough is enough.

Who is it you're talking to? :lol:

21 minutes ago, potty trained said:

In fairness our last 4 league games have seen us win two. Hey Ho though, lets ignore that. As folk strangely say, its his home form keeping him in a job. Or more accurately, bloody winning games is keeping him in a job.

Regards the next 4. the toughest comes first, I'd accept a draw at least.  

Dundee United Win.

Alloa Win.

Ayr Win.

Realistically we should be getting 10 points from this run. If we don't, then I'd be looking at the circumstances around that. 8 points bare minimum to stay in the job. But yes, I will look at it on a game by game basis.

Would agree we should be looking at 10points. Hopefully a win away to Alloa would get our away form up and running.

• Like 1