Dunfermline away.

Garscube Road End

1 hour ago, potty trained said:

In fairness our last 4 league games have seen us win two. Hey Ho though, lets ignore that. As folk strangely say, its his home form keeping him in a job. Or more accurately, bloody winning games is keeping him in a job.

Regards the next 4. the toughest comes first, I'd accept a draw at least.  

Dundee United Win.

Alloa Win.

Ayr Win.

Realistically we should be getting 10 points from this run. If we don't, then I'd be looking at the circumstances around that. 8 points bare minimum to stay in the job. But yes, I will look at it on a game by game basis.

So by what you say home form ie winning games is keeping him in a job so by that reckoning Away form ie continuing to lose games has no bearing........ well balanced thought process there.

We have lost more than we have won and funnily enough all away from home and once again our goal difference is minus  something has to change as this is not the premier league where all roads for us lead to survival all roads for us need to lead to promotion contenders as said by the board unfortunately no where near that on our performances 

1 hour ago, potty trained said:

In fairness our last 4 league games have seen us win two. Hey Ho though, lets ignore that.

A deft sleight of hand there to shift the goalposts from “last 4 games” to “last 4 league games” thereby shuffling under the carpet the small matter of getting gubbed by East-*******-Fife.

Hey Ho though, let’s ignore that.

How few points would the team have to get from the next 4 games before you think it’s reasonable for fans to call for a change in management? You’ve said we should be targeting 8-10 points, so just how shitty must the desk fan be below that?

48 minutes ago, potty trained said:

I thought this was a results business. I can't keep up with you guys! 

Keep up PT , Archie’s last 50 league games have amassed an incredible 43 points , that is 43 points from a possible 150 and you’re defending that ?

Your declaration that the board of directors are professional is actually quite the opposite as they are burying their collective heads in the sand and not making informed decisions on what is going on round about them , whether that’s dwindling crowds, results on the park or the disengagement of a large selection of their supporters at their continued faith and loyalty to the manager regardless of what product he serves up on the park.

42 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

How few points would the team have to get from the next 4 games before you think it’s reasonable for fans to call for a change in management? You’ve said we should be targeting 8-10 points, so just how shitty must the desk fan be below that?

You actually didn't read my post did you? 

17 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Keep up PT , Archie’s last 50 league games have amassed an incredible 43 points , that is 43 points from a possible 150 and you’re defending that ?

Your declaration that the board of directors are professional is actually quite the opposite as they are burying their collective heads in the sand and not making informed decisions on what is going on round about them , whether that’s dwindling crowds, results on the park or the disengagement of a large selection of their supporters at their continued faith and loyalty to the manager regardless of what product he serves up on the park.

Nope not defending it at all. I've wiped the slate clean and I'm treating this season like, well, a new season.

The rest of your post is just nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Ruchillnomore said:

So by what you say home form ie winning games is keeping him in a job so by that reckoning Away form ie continuing to lose games has no bearing........ well balanced thought process there.

We have lost more than we have won and funnily enough all away from home and once again our goal difference is minus  something has to change as this is not the premier league where all roads for us lead to survival all roads for us need to lead to promotion contenders as said by the board unfortunately no where near that on our performances 

Of course away form has a bearing. But equally so does home form. Home form which is being ignored by those who want him sacked. Thanks though for completely assuming my thought process.

On our home performances we are promotion contenders, our away form is letting us down terribly. He obviously realises that. Realises how bad we are and took a huge step of playing for a clean sheet at all costs 0.0 draw on Friday. A bloody ridiculous error on the park cost us that. I'm disappointed he chose to be that defensive and for so long. But. The next 4 games give us a real opportunity to turn the corner. Realistically, there is no reason why we shouldn't be 4 unbeaten after them. 

1 minute ago, potty trained said:

Nope not defending it at all. I've wiped the slate clean and I'm treating this season like, well, a new season.

The rest of your post is just nonsense. 

Easily pleased , if you’re happy with the performances against Dunfermline, Inverness , Ayr United , Dundee Utd and even the mighty East Fife or maybe you were concentrating on just the league results ? Having the parachute payments after relegation should have given us an advantage in terms of recruitment to get back to the Premier League.

There is no chance of that this season so who is culpable for what we’re seeing on the park , Archie , Jaqui Lowe , Gerry Britton ?

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Easily pleased , if you’re happy with the performances against Dunfermline, Inverness , Ayr United , Dundee Utd and even the mighty East Fife or maybe you were concentrating on just the league results ? Having the parachute payments after relegation should have given us an advantage in terms of recruitment to get back to the Premier League.

There is no chance of that this season so who is culpable for what we’re seeing on the park , Archie , Jaqui Lowe , Gerry Britton ?

Should it have given us an advantage? How much of an advantage would it give us over the likes of County and United who have far greater budgets. Just give me a ball park. A huge advantage, a small advantage? Help me out trying to drill down on your baseless nonsense.

No bother , last year we got “ prize money “ of  1.1 million for finishing 11 th , we got a parachute payment of £500,000 , think County got £250, 000 

If we don’t go up straight away we’ll get another parachute payment of £250,000 , surely if we did this properly and recruited properly we really would be favourites to go straight back up , in terms of finance at this moment with the parachute payments and the prize money from last year we are easily the most affluent.

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

No bother , last year we got “ prize money “ of  1.1 million for finishing 11 th , we got a parachute payment of £500,000 , think County got £250, 000 

If we don’t go up straight away we’ll get another parachute payment of £250,000 , surely if we did this properly and recruited properly we really would be favourites to go straight back up , in terms of finance at this moment with the parachute payments and the prize money from last year we are easily the most affluent.

If that's all you take into consideration, Yes we are... but I think other clubs have different income streams, different expenditures. It's a wee bit more complex than writing down some of the numbers on a forum. 

What was County's prize money? How much has their Chairman put into the pot? How big a relegation clause drop in wage, did they have compared to us?

I'm loving this latest stick to beat the club with. 

What sort of advantage could we have?

Surely the established Championship teams had the biggest advantage as they were already Championship Teams, with Championship Squads, just needing a wee tinker here n there. 3 or 4 players. 

I'd have said that we would be at a disadvantage, newly relegated, huge turnover of staff. If clearing out your squad gives you the greatest advantage, why doesn't Every one do it every year?

2 minutes ago, potty trained said:

If that's all you take into consideration, Yes we are... but I think other clubs have different income streams, different expenditures. It's a wee bit more complex than writing down some of the numbers on a forum. 

What was County's prize money? How much has their Chairman put into the pot? How big a relegation clause drop in wage, did they have compared to us?

The only club with their fan base who might have a much bigger audience in terms of sponsorship etc are Dundee Utd but as it’s widely reported they are haemorrhaging money .

The players who didn’t have relegation clauses like Storey , Keown have agreed revised terms , the rest have been moved on.

We moved on 16 players from last year , if we had gone with the premise of adding even 10 quality players and a slightly smaller squad , I think most of the fans would have been happy with that , instead we’ve became an agents dream getting average players to sign for us.

We had an advantage financially over the majority of clubs in our division and this year especially was our big chance to make that count.

For a variety of reasons we’ve blown it 

On 9/29/2018 at 1:11 AM, javeajag said:

I think we can see the pattern for this season emerging ... pretty good at home which will keep us out of trouble hopefully but dreadful away from home where we will not pick up any points .... our away stats so far are really dreadful .,, mid table mediocrity hopefully ?

I expect that pattern to be broken next week. And probably the week after that too. 

See an inconvenient thing about football keagues.  They are played over a season, home and away.  So actually we should only be concerned about overall context, rather than home games or away games. 

At home we have lost in the league cup to Ayr of course. And I think here is the point, we have won our home games, but look who those weee against. We haven’t played the best teams in the league at home yet. We are about to.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The only club with their fan base who might have a much bigger audience in terms of sponsorship etc are Dundee Utd but as it’s widely reported they are haemorrhaging money .

The players who didn’t have relegation clauses like Storey , Keown have agreed revised terms , the rest have been moved on.

We moved on 16 players from last year , if we had gone with the premise of adding even 10 quality players and a slightly smaller squad , I think most of the fans would have been happy with that , instead we’ve became an agents dream getting average players to sign for us.

We had an advantage financially over the majority of clubs in our division and this year especially was our big chance to make that count.

For a variety of reasons we’ve blown it 

Nothing you've said there remotely answers my question or backs up what you're saying. You've provided no more figures, just hearsay. 

What advantage do we have, if we need to bring in 10 players, over a Championship team who may be only needs to bring in three or four?

Why does having a high turnover of players put us at an advantage? 

18 minutes ago, potty trained said:

I'm loving this latest stick to beat the club with. 

What sort of advantage could we have?

Surely the established Championship teams had the biggest advantage as they were already Championship Teams, with Championship Squads, just needing a wee tinker here n there. 3 or 4 players. 

I'd have said that we would be at a disadvantage, newly relegated, huge turnover of staff. If clearing out your squad gives you the greatest advantage, why doesn't Every one do it every year?

Do you mean established Championship teams like Ross County and Ayr?

4 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Nothing you've said there remotely answers my question or backs up what you're saying. You've provided no more figures, just hearsay. 

What advantage do we have, if we need to bring in 10 players, over a Championship team who may be only needs to bring in three or four?

jlsarmy is stating that he believes Thistle have a financial advantage over other Championship teams, due to last seasons prize money and parachute payments.

Do you get it now?

1 minute ago, AndyMac said:

jlsarmy is stating that he believes Thistle have a financial advantage over other Championship teams, due to last seasons prize money and parachute payments.

Do you get it now?

And I'm saying that with every possibility that's nonsense as thats not all that defines the budget. You get that?

I'm also saying that existing championship teams had an advantage as they were turning over less players so could focus their search on only 3 or 4 players. You still up to speed?

4 minutes ago, potty trained said:

We should be able to get a better quality player due to the financial clout we have at this moment.

The rest of your post is absolute nonsense, just check for yourself this years released players list and signings , it just shows how bad our recruitment in getting players signed actually is.

8 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

We should be able to get a better quality player due to the financial clout we have at this moment.

The rest of your post is absolute nonsense, just check for yourself this years released players list and signings , it just shows how bad our recruitment in getting players signed actually is.

But you keep looking at two payments and assuming that they are high, we therefore have the most clout. Ignoring the fact County have a sugar daddy supplementing the playing budget, for example. You can't make a statement based on considering only, a bit of the picture.

Edited by potty trained