Dunfermline away.

Garscube Road End

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

The Thistle attendance dropped from a premiership base to a championship base. But there has been no continual reduction of that base so far. Which was my definition of dwindling.

No the definition of dwindling is to diminish gradually in size, amount or strength. It’s not so much others engaging in fake news as you relying on a fake dictionary.

Your definition of what is the “base” attendance in a given division is a wild stab in the dark. What is abundantly clear is that attendances have fallen and, believe it or not, the fact of relegation bringing that about is funnily enough, at least significantly ... the manager’s fault.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

5 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Wow - you are at the fake news too. 

Mortons manager left on the Thursday night, so they had the full week just about to prepare. Also, the official score was 1-0, but have you forgotten Doolans ghost goal already ?

Are you really saying that the performance vs QOS was poor ?

Our defence - yes.

eta Since when did Thursday to Saturday become  a full week?

Edited by scotty

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Are completely and utterly irrelevant to the situation in which we now find ourselves.

It wasn’t me that introduced previous seasons performance - but to only pick the season that we underperformed and ignore the other seasons that we overperformed is at best an unbalanced view.

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

No the definition of dwindling is to diminish gradually in size, amount or strength. It’s not so much others engaging in fake news as you relying on a fake dictionary.

Your definition of what is the “base” attendance in a given division is a wild stab in the dark. What is abundantly clear is that attendances have fallen and, believe it or not, the fact of relegation bringing that about is funnily enough, at least significantly ... the manager’s fault.

You are using the same definition as I am. There has been no gradual decline in the size of our support at Firhill this season. What I am using as base for this season is the size of the support at our 1st home league game. I am not disagreeing that the attendance has fallen since last season and that the manager played a significant part in that and was very fortunate not to get fired. 

The implication in the fans drifting or crowds dwindling, to me, at least referred to this season only. 

8 hours ago, Dr.D said:

I would have thought that dropping a division would lead to increasing crowds due to expectation of winning more matches.

I am not buying this Dr.D. 

Show me some figures that show that clubs in the lower division consistently get higher crowds than those in the lower half of the higher league.

7 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

A 15% drop in core customer is alarming for any business. As others have mentioned usually dropping down a league adds a bit of expectation of better games, more chance of a win, being able to challenge for something so will see a small bump in home attendances, the problem this season is we’re still crap especially away from home, our football isn’t generally entertaining (still hanging on for a result, or being beaten on the road). I know of at least 10 that have chucked it this season, due to the lack of entertainment and the manager still being in charge, I’m sure folk on here know others.

it would be interesting to see ST figures and how they compare, I know a lot of people who’ve not renewed this season for various reasons, but how many new ST have replaced them?

We are also about to get into the crappy weather season, cold, damp, windy when crowds get hit especially if the product on offer is poor, folk find it easier to stay in the house/pub or spend their cash on other things, if results go wrong next few weeks this will only accelerate this.

Same answer I gave to Dr.D

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

You are using the same definition as I am. There has been no gradual decline in the size of our support at Firhill this season. What I am using as base for this season is the size of the support at our 1st home league game. I am not disagreeing that the attendance has fallen since last season and that the manager played a significant part in that and was very fortunate not to get fired. 

The implication in the fans drifting or crowds dwindling, to me, at least referred to this season only. 

I would say that it's too early to start detecting trends. We've only played 3 home games and the attendences were Falkirk - 3147, Morton - 3431 and QoS - 2710. I don't know what the visiting supports were so it's not possible to say what our support is doing. Season ticket numbers would give a more accurate picture but I doubt the club will issue those.

40 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

It wasn’t me that introduced previous seasons performance - but to only pick the season that we underperformed and ignore the other seasons that we overperformed is at best an unbalanced view.

We did not over perform when we finished six the that’s a myth 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Our manager selects the players for the club, coaches them  and manages the team and last season and this he has  underperformed 

I'm not arguing with that, but surely you would accept that there are many other variables outside of his control.

51 minutes ago, allyo said:

I'm not arguing with that, but surely you would accept that there are many other variables outside of his control.

There are around the margins but if you look at the research on relegation threatened clubs in the English premiership in every case in the last five seasons changing the manager improved their performance 

12 hours ago, scotty said:

I would say that it's too early to start detecting trends. We've only played 3 home games and the attendences were Falkirk - 3147, Morton - 3431 and QoS - 2710. I don't know what the visiting supports were so it's not possible to say what our support is doing. Season ticket numbers would give a more accurate picture but I doubt the club will issue those.

Scotty,

At Firhill when the crowd is announced, the number of away supporters is read out too.

Although, I don’t keep note of the exact numbers. 

If I have remembered correctly the numbers for travelling supporters were

Falkirk - 600 odd

Morton - was given as 300 odd but that was obviously wrong. Later found to be 800 odd.

QOS - 300 odd

Regarding ST sales, at the last Jags Trust meeting a presentation was given showing ST sales compared to the previous season. At July, it was roughly the same as at the same stage as the previous year.

9 hours ago, javeajag said:

There are around the margins but if you look at the research on relegation threatened clubs in the English premiership in every case in the last five seasons changing the manager improved their performance 

We weren’t playing in the English Premiership. What is the scenario for the Scottish Premiership.

It didn’t work for Ross County, Inverness, Dundee Utd. 

Ayr United fans must be pretty pleased that their club stuck by Ian McCall after "he got" them relegated two seasons ago, but "got them" promoted again at the first attempt, and who has "got them" currently sitting nicely at the top of our division. And playing great attacking football, from the clips that I've watched.

A question for those with better statto-type memories than me:

Have we ever stuck with a manager "who got" us relegated but who then "got us" promoted again the following season?

15 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Focusing on the most recent season is the most relevant thing someone could do. I hear Alan Hansen had a great spell in the 70s but I wouldn’t put him in my starting 11 now.

15 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Yes there has been a gradual decline. Literally your own figures suggest this. If home crowds fall from 2800 to 2400 ish then they have fallen gradually.

It’s probably too early to tell if that initial decline is to be sustained within this season. It is clear that home crowds were waning during last season too though and that once you strip out the big travelling supports/Lambie day, that’s reflected in the crowd stats.