Ross County Home

Lambies Lost Doo

1 hour ago, stuart_adam said:

Be interesting to know if Gerry has what it takes to sack Archie when the time comes. I’d imagine they are good friends and pretty close so won’t make an easy decision

It won’t be Gerry that makes the decision - it’s the directors. But it may be Gerry that gives him the news.

So, board of directors - it’s  over to you. Twist or stick? 

8 minutes ago, marco77 said:

Try to go to as many games as I can but the lack of attacking football, inventiveness, fight and general good play has made it harder to justify the outlay. I know fans should go home and away, rain or shine but there is only so much we can take. Was happy to give Archie a fresh start this year but there is nothing fresh about it. 

Just spoke to my Dad on the phone as I do after every home game, he’s stated he’s picking and choosing his games after today, if the weathers good and there’s nothing else on he’ll go, if not he’ll sit in the house. He’s been going almost weekly for nearly 70 years and has a season ticket for last 30, he’s had enough. “No fight, no entertainment son, better sitting in the house doing the crossword “ was his response to today 

32 minutes ago, laukat said:

The daft thing is we have a good enough pool of players

I totally agree with the rest of your post, but not this part.

The “competitive budget” has been wasted on duds like Slater, Mutumbo, Mtwembe, Elliott, Quitongo, Storey. There are others like Spittal who only seem to be able to perform 1 of every 4 games.

Any manager would struggle with this squad, but that shouldn’t be a reason to retain the current dugout duds.

Just now, Big Col said:

The “competitive budget” has been wasted on duds like Slater, Mutumbo, Mtwembe, Elliott, Quitongo, Storey. There are others like Spittal who only seem to be able to perform 1 of every 4 games.

Any manager would struggle with this squad, but that shouldn’t be a reason to retain the current dugout duds.

We are only 10 players short of a team.....

I thought that we started brightly and then defensive disaster struck...……..again .

Dools looked isolated, Storey was non existent and Bannigan increasingly frantic. We created some chances but finished the game punting the ball up the park to two relative strangers who looked like the did not know what they were supposed to be doing.

The referee was pretty weak with some of the fouls, Draper should have been off long before his second yellow for the horrendous tackle on Bannigan. We have to be much stronger on the ball.

Something has to change as we show no sign of improvement and are a times completely devoid of ideas. 

4 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Agree with all of that except Slater being a dud.

He isn't.

He'd have been the difference last season for sure.

• Like 1

I think a different manager assuming he signs a competent right back has a starting line up as below

Bell

A.n.other      Keown      McGinty       Penrice

Erskine          Slater        Bannigan      Mtumbo

Doolan Coulibally

Subs:

Quitongo, Fitzpatrick, Storey, Elliot, Mtawbe

In my opinion more than good enough to make the play offs but only if the ruthless streak is restored to the team

Edited by laukat
My fat fingers slipped

No fight and no clue.I have said in the past Archibald should get to Christmas and a few weeks ago I said he should get up to our home game against Ayr but I now think if he is still in charge for next week he is  very lucky. We were 2-0 down today and I think I am right in saying we played the last 15 minutes or so without a recognised striker.

37 minutes ago, marco77 said:

Was happy to give Archie a fresh start this year but there is nothing fresh about it. 

Exactly the attitude that has resulted in the sh*t we're in now. The same kind of madness that led to predictions that absolute impostors like Storey would 'run riot' in the Championship.

Edited by One t in Scotland

6 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Agree with all of that except Slater being a dud.

He isn't.

He'd have been the difference last season for sure.

Aye, he’s looked world class the past couple of games. A strong contender for winner of “most sideways and backwards passes competed”.

20 hours ago, javeajag said:

It’s also the quality of football that’s depressing ....aimless long balls , too slow, no fluency ....I wonder what they do I training all week 

Although I wasn't at today's game, it has literally been obvious for years that Archie's teams footer about on the wings instead of getting the ball into the danger area in front of the goal. Either the sole striker has to go to the wing to get the ball or he has to outjump the two giant centre backs typical of Scottish defences. The low scoring rate isn't new. The likes of Ross County can be relaxed about giving Archie's teams possession, because there's no threat to them. (The fast overlapping full backs are long gone. Has no-one noticed?) 

Edited by Fearchar
Typo

Our tactics are just too obvious. Get the ball out to the wings and try and overlap. Everyone knows that's what we'll do and keep doing even if it's not working.  Then, on the odd occasion we get in behind the opposition, there's nobody in the middle because they're all out on the wings trying to get an overlap.  There are some good players in the team and we should be fighting for top 4. But, we're tactically far too easy to play against.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

The fast oveflapping full backs are long gone

Absolutely correct and that was the key part of Archie's attacking plan. Without overlapping full backs you need you're right and left midfield to be able to go past the fullbacks and a clever number 10 able to slide a pass inside the fullback

Mutombo and Fitzpatrick are decent wide options and in my opinion its a choice between Erskine or Spittal as number 10. Instead we start with Storey and Spittal on the wings which in turn placed so much reliance on Bannigan, Slater and Erskine to breakdown the opposition that we became very predictable.

Storey is a striker if anything you could see in the second half in particular (before Doolan was subbed) that his natural positioning takes him into central areas whereas natural wingers such as Mutumbo and Fitzpatrick gravitate towards the touchline

At half time I expected changes. Either Fitzpatrick for Storey or Mutumbo for Spittal instead we waited until we were 2 down before making a sub.

To my mind Slater and Bannigan are 2 of the best midfielders in the league but they are starting to make mistakes as we are becoming so reliant on them to make something happen

I don’t think this team is that bad Slater O’ware Coulibaly , Quitongo and Bell are all top half championship/ lower half preriship players it’s our style of play that is killing us it’s very clear our defence is tragic and we should to play fast attacking football the massive problem is Archibald dose’t want to play that way hence why he needs to go.

Also I’m starting to think Erskine is finsished he just dose’t have it anymore also can we teach Pencrice and Kewon in paticlaur to keep it on the deck as long balls to Doolan don’t and will never work.

Edited by That 1 jags fan

52 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Almost 3 hours after FT and still no match reaction on the Official Site (as far as I can see).

Not saying change is coming, but if change were coming Archie wouldn’t be giving an interview to the official site...

Was also thinking this.