Who's next?

Barney Rubble

Robbie Neilson would be a good shout but I think Dundee United wanted to appoint him but they need to buy out the remainder of his MK dons contract. If they're struggling with that cost I can't see us stumping up.

Jim Goodwin and Danny Lennon might get a mention but for me I would want Ian McCall. We need someone capable of rebuilding a team and that's what he does.

If we consider appointing Duffy, Hughes or ex-old firm players (Stuart McCall, Ally McCoist, Barry Ferguson etc)  then we would be as well closing the doors for the remaining home games.

• Like 2

I would hope that if the board have made this decision they have got a target or two and they now try to make this a reality. If they haven't then that would be a concern and frankly negligence on their part.

McCall would be my choice, he would be able to organise that squad as an attractive attacking unit and as a bonus detrimentally impact an obstacle for promotion.

Whoever it is will have no mean feat 10 points behind the leaders and 8 from the favourites is no easy task to turnaround particularly for a squad that cannot defend properly and needs a lot of work to get them to.

Just now, Emsca said:

Why?

He has never managed anyone and comes across on telly as a complete tool.

Agree with that, I thought some of his comments during our playoff games in particular were well wide of the mark, lacked any realistic objectivity and he mostly pandered to the other complete tool on the panel during those games too.

3 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Why?

He has never managed anyone and comes across on telly as a complete tool.

He has been in temporary charge at Motherwell on a couple of occasions. Currently in charge of their reserves (development squad prior to this season) and doing a good job there. I don't have the station he works for so cannot comment on how he comes across there but have heard in other forums and he always talked sense.

No chance Craigen would take it, why give up BT sports?

Neilson we could never afford or have a budget to suit him

Duffy knocked back QP earlier in the week but doesnt come across as ambitious enough to get us to where we think we should be.

Lennon got a raw deal at St Mirren, got them a cup and top flight football, maybe just needs another chance at a bigger club plus it would leave the gypsies managerless which wouldnt be a bad thing.

• Like 1

Craigan is an interesting one. I can see why some would want him but I don't think the current situation at Thistle lends itself to a novice.

There's quite a striking similarity to Jim Goodwin. Both leaders on the park with a no nonsense style. However Goodwin has been willing to give up a fledgling media career to give management a go at Alloa. So if you want that type then Goodwin would be a better bet.