Who's next?

Barney Rubble

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Depending if their 1st choice signs or not

"deadline set for interested candidates to register their interest with Chief Executive, Gerry Britton, no later than Friday 12th October"

Would be a poor show if the club disregarded the deadline it set yesterday.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Maybe things just didn't work for him at Hibs, Dundee, Hearts and Brechin as well?

Never fancied Duffy. I recall he was very supportive of the Bunnet when it was long past his time to go. Implications were that we were an ungrateful lot (echoes of the 'nest of vipers') after all the Bunnet 'had done for us' (including several disdainful references to this website [or its predecessor] as 'keyboard warriors)!

As for Pressley, please God no.

With the deadline be set for this Friday and Gerry going to take charge for the forthcoming game i think there must be someone in mind  for the position i dont think it will be someone attached to a club as that would cost the club money i would think it would be someone looking to get back into the game

11 hours ago, allyo said:

I actually reckon Gary Caldwell could be a decent shout. Heard him on the radio the other week and liked the way he was talking, focussed on what he's learned and hungry for another chance. The guy seems intelligent and has always been a leader, and a winner. There could be potential there.

But that is very little to go on....

I do like Ian McCall. Would welcome him back.

No no no.

Billy Dodds, Jim Duffy  and Neil McCann all speak well on the radio but they are shite managers.

28 minutes ago, Jag said:

The day after archie is sacked they come out with this decision. I wonder if archie's departure had any bearing on their immediate reaction.  Was Neilson ever a realistic candidate for the thistle job.?

10 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Brother in law is Morton fan and was not bothered when they sacked Duffy,said he always played players out of position.

Work with quite a few Morton fans and they had similar comments. They were all quite happy to see the back of him. Can't think of a club he's managed at that where the fans wanted him to stay.

However were there not rumours in the summer of Duffy as DOF and Kenny Miller as player/manager?

41 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Just a thought i know we nèed experience howevér thats not a guarantee what about Dools and Erskine as interim managers

To early imo. But whoever the management team are they should use the experience that Dools and Erskine have at Firhill to help them. Maybe a few years down the line the dream team will happen.

2 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

What about Phil Brown? One of his half time team talks would shake the players out of their usual second half lethargy.

Would also mention that he was a right back during his playing career.

Was he not mentioned as being interested before Archibald was confirmed as our manager in 2013?

1 hour ago, mulguy jag said:

The day after archie is sacked they come out with this decision. I wonder if archie's departure had any bearing on their immediate reaction.  Was Neilson ever a realistic candidate for the thistle job.?

They have a history of attempting to derail us in one way or another.

I'm sure they informed the press that we would be losing a couple of players to them, Erskine and Paton, right before our big game versus Morton.

Absolutely zero class.

Really can't stand them tbh.

• Like 1

What about - as a bit of a curve ball - Scott Booth (current Glasgow City FC manager)...?

I honestly have nothing to base this on other than they always do well and I know they might have the biggest budget in the ladies leagues but money doesn't always guarantee success, he must be doing something right.

Would he welcome the chance to get back into management of a full time team..?

No idea who is available or indeed interested, but if we could get Ian Mcall, I’d be delighted. Good manager & by all accounts a nice guy too. 

As long as we stay well away from the high profile ‘just retired’ OF / English Premiership primadonnas, I’ll be happy. 

Again, all the best to Archie & Shaggy. Hope everything works out for them & their families.

Disappointing that so many of the posts here are limited to considering the same tired names, and even suggesting that a Thistle connection would be a good thing.  I would have preferred to see a later application deadline and the net cast wider to encourage overseas managers.  Maybe this is the opportunity to shake off the shackles of the narrow mindset that infects Scottish football.  

• Like 1