Who's next?

Barney Rubble

10 hours ago, Flycatcher said:

Ian McCall 

Simon Grayson

john Hughes 

In that order, just because....

Somebody like Grayson could be interesting. That's why we should be waiting until the application deadline, to see if guys like this apply.

The club need to get this appointment right and hopefully they will carry things correctly.

I don't really see anything wrong with the club speaking to Neilson whislt there is still an active deadline for applications. They may decide that they want to speak to the applicants as and when they apply to try and speed up the process, but hold off on an actual decision until they have spoken to all the applicants.

22 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

I don't really see anything wrong with the club speaking to Neilson whislt there is still an active deadline for applications. They may decide that they want to speak to the applicants as and when they apply to try and speed up the process, but hold off on an actual decision until they have spoken to all the applicants.

Fair comment

29 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

Neilson confirmed as United manager. Says on BBC he did speak to Thistle, though.

20 minutes ago, Prince of Partick said:

Just heard disturbing news, Barry Ferguson has been in talks with the board, hopefully just a rumour but source is usually reliable.  

i presume he formally applied; it would only be common courtesy, therefore, to grant him an interview. however, i can not imagine the board would regard him as a viable candidate.

43 minutes ago, Prince of Partick said:

Just heard disturbing news, Barry Ferguson has been in talks with the board, hopefully just a rumour but source is usually reliable.  

Rumours are flying at the moment.  I was told last night that the club had approached Alloa regarding Jim Goodwin.

Isla St Clair?

Or one of the usual names from the managerial conveyor belt...

PS - Not a picture I think you'd see today. Apologies...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=isla+st+clair&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidt-u7mfndAhXSJVAKHezXD54Q_AUIDigB#imgrc=z1mbrPLE2wt8OM:&spf=1539082646797

Edited by allyo

26 minutes ago, allyo said:

Or one of the usual names from the managerial conveyor belt...

PS - Not a picture I think you'd see today. Apologies...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=isla+st+clair&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidt-u7mfndAhXSJVAKHezXD54Q_AUIDigB#imgrc=z1mbrPLE2wt8OM:&spf=1539082646797

Sheer coincidence of course that yon conveyor belt is best associated with an image we're trying to shed...... a Cuddly Toy. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Trent Alexander Arnold for player manager. Young. Fresh ideas. Plays chess. Plays right back to Champions League and international standard. What more do we need?

More chance of getting Terence Trent D'Arby

And he has a ready made plea if, in time, the Board were thinking of giving him the sack.

Edited by allyo

7 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Not because of who he played for but because of his managerial record,no way.Would have been better to stick with Archie and Shaggy than appoint him.

15 minutes ago, stuart_adam said:

Reckon it will be Duffy and Chic coming in.

Think whoever it is that does come in, fans need to get behind them and give them the chance. 

Personally for me, I’d like for us to go outside the box on this one. 

We need a strong manager with new ideas. Duffy & Chic, whilst I don’t doubt are decent guys, don’t tick the box for me. 

There is a good squad of players in there, a decent infrastructure & the upcoming training ground. Attractive to many I’d hope. 

For me, I am really veering towards McCall - I think he’d be ideal for us at the moment.