Who's next?

Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, AndyMac said:

Jim Goodwin,  was a pretty decent player in his hey day, however, what makes him special is that he will do whatever it takes to win. Even when he was well past his best, there was no huffing and puffing with Jim, no picking up an easy last pay day. He would of ran through a brick wall for St Mirren. Watching Goodwin play at Firhill during 2013/14, he won every single ball, every single header, not a single player in the Thistle team dared to challenge him.  Jim Goodwin, is the real deal; a winner. We would be crazy not to consider him for the job.

Ok; Goodwin's a not a "big" name, but no one could ever question his commitment. Let's be honest, how many journey men pros have we all seen picking up good wages and plodding about the place? I couldn't imagine Goodwin tolerating that sort of stuff. Could you?

Jim Goodwin is an outsider, just like Thistle, the establishment hate him. He would be perfect, the place would be rocking, powder puff? It would be more like a powder keg! What's not to like?

If McCall is out of the running I wouldn’t be against someone like Goodwin or even possibly Caldwell 

22 hours ago, AndyMac said:

True.

However, St Mirren is not the right job for Jim Goodwin.

Partick Thistle and Jim Goodwin are made for each other. He has the potential to be a great manager and we have the potential to be a great club.

If ever there was a time for Thistle to challenge the old firm stranglehold in Glasgow it's right now. I think Goodwin is smart enough to realise what a golden opportunity it is and he has what it takes, to take this club all the way to the top.

It's got to be Jim Goodwin.

How's the team you're managing doing these days, Jim?

Oh, in the relegation play-off spot I see.

You must be the best man for the Thistle job, then!

I don't get the fascination with Jim Goodwin either. Compare him to Ian McCall for a moment (who I know is out the running). McCall has several years experience with several clubs, has a real soft spot for Thistle, kicked off our most recent rise, is generally a known entity, has Ayr United playing decent football and currently sitting pretty at the top of the table having just been promoted. Goodwin is at the start of his career and manages a part time club sitting one place below us in the league. I just don't get it??

If it was me recruiting he'd have to play an absolute blinder at the interview, otherwise there is no way in hell I'd be taking the risk. There's just too much at stake.

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

How's the team you're managing doing these days, Jim?

Oh, in the relegation play-off spot I see.

You must be the best man for the Thistle job, then!

And what are we, with our bigger resources? Oh Yeah! A place above them. We lose on Saturday, which is likely, they will have a game in hand and where are we the following Saturday? Oh yes! Aĺloa. We could be in utterly deep crap in 9 days time, new manager or not. I personally wouldn't object to Jim Goodwin taking over at Firhill.

16 hours ago, AndyMac said:

Jim Goodwin,  was a pretty decent player in his hey day, however, what makes him special is that he will do whatever it takes to win. Even when he was well past his best, there was no huffing and puffing with Jim, no picking up an easy last pay day. He would of ran through a brick wall for St Mirren. Watching Goodwin play at Firhill during 2013/14, he won every single ball, every single header, not a single player in the Thistle team dared to challenge him.  Jim Goodwin, is the real deal; a winner. We would be crazy not to consider him for the job.

Ok; Goodwin's a not a "big" name, but no one could ever question his commitment. Let's be honest, how many journey men pros have we all seen picking up good wages and plodding about the place? I couldn't imagine Goodwin tolerating that sort of stuff. Could you?

Jim Goodwin is an outsider, just like Thistle, the establishment hate him. He would be perfect, the place would be rocking, powder puff? It would be more like a powder keg! What's not to like?

Are you his agent?

Actually, I agree with every word you posted...