Who's next?

Barney Rubble

On 10/10/2018 at 12:01 PM, Thistleberight said:

Billy dodds has never been a manager. Unless you count 1 match in charges at dungdee utd due to management re shuffle.

Might be worth a go, clearly liked and respected in media and football circles so will have good contacts which is a huge thing. Still a risk though but then so will whoever we appoint. Primarily because who comes in has no choice in they players they have cos they are already in place

Sorry Billy, forgot you have only been an assistant, but you have been implicated in some poor managerial performances.

I don't think being "clearly liked and respected in media and football circles so will have good contacts" is that important....................... otherwise we might as well appoint Richard Gordon! 

I am almost 100% sure McIntyre will or as already got job. Least risky out of all candidates and has decent track record and experience at this level . Hope it’s on a relatively short contract eg one year for him or whoever with longer term if they prove themselves. The above comes from a decent source.

46 minutes ago, dibble said:

I am almost 100% sure McIntyre will or as already got job. Least risky out of all candidates and has decent track record and experience at this level . Hope it’s on a relatively short contract eg one year for him or whoever with longer term if they prove themselves. The above comes from a decent source.

Do you know all the candidates?

Or do you mean who the bookies have mentioned?

Edited by Jag

48 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

With one or two exceptions it appears the majority on here know who they don't want but are less clear on who they do want.

The problem is that every appointment is a gamble. Someone unfancied could turn out to be a good choice, whereas someone fancied might fail, McCall or Neilson for example.  I've got no specific person I want so far, but I definitely don't want Duffy. I've never rated him as a manager. That means he'll be the one!!!

1 hour ago, dibble said:

Also think McIntyre has some credibility having won promotion and a cup . Having a feeling this group of players need someone who will get respect right away.  Not many others mentioned have this.

He is overrated you forgot his relegation with Dunfermline. Also he needed Mc Gregor’s millions to bail him out a couple of times 

you also have to wonder why no one else has taken a punt on him too since he was sacked from county

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I think It's difficult as the apparent choices offer no outstanding candidate. It's the same old regurgitated no 've on offer.

I think we are guilty of going just on what a few betting sites are saying. I would imagine if Dunfermline for example had sacked their manager last week the same names would be appearing as options for them. What we don't know is who has applied that is not on these lists. Something I have noticed with other clubs recently is that the person who gets the job has not been one of the early front runners so lets see what happens next week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I think we are guilty of going just on what a few betting sites are saying. I would imagine if Dunfermline for example had sacked their manager last week the same names would be appearing as options for them. What we don't know is who has applied that is not on these lists. Something I have noticed with other clubs recently is that the person who gets the job has not been one of the early front runners so lets see what happens next week.

I agree with what you said.

None of the bookies fav are exciting.

Only hope is that someone a bit different/stimulating has sent in a cv !!!

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

With one or two exceptions it appears the majority on here know who they don't want but are less clear on who they do want.

I would like a vibrant , enthusiastic and ambitious manager in the same mould as the Bournemouth boss, Howe. Is there someone off the same template out there , if so, come along to firhill.   I get pissed off with the same old candidates been mentioned everytime a vacancy at a Scottish club comes up.  Tonight's international is a prime example as to the calibre of manager we hire.The guy has been round the block and stale and should never have got the job.

• Like 1

Seriously, how many managers who have won anything at this level would be described as "inspiring appointments"? What is this mindset that we have get someone who isn't obvious, or left field, or whatever? Who do we think we are?  I really don't understand what people are looking for, but it sounds like it's someone who's never failed at anything in their life, which basically rules out anyone who has ever been a manager before. Or anyone you've ever heard of. Or a Jim Goodwin, untested at this level, and with a managerial record that is distinctly similar to Murdo McLeod's.

Very easy to write people off and find the negatives. I just hope that when the appointment is made, whoever it is, the nonsense stops and people will get behind them.

• Like 1