Who's next?

Barney Rubble

10 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Can I be first with the "spotted at today's game" - I saw Jon Daly with Willo Flood (quite appropriate given the weather).

The chairman stated in the programme that she hopes the new manager will be in place for the Alloa game.

There was very few other games actually on and they are both former Dundee United players so I wouldn’t read to much into it. They were probably just looking to take in a game 

Even though we were very poor for about 70 minutes of today's game I feel we do have a squad  good enough to get into the top 4. I feel it will take someone with experience at working at a club who has been on a downward spiral and turning that around to get the best from this squad. Who that is I am not sure. But I think it would be someone who has more experience than someone like Jim Goodwin. I suppose it would be somebody like Duffy or Hughes.

29 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Even though we were very poor for about 70 minutes of today's game I feel we do have a squad  good enough to get into the top 4. I feel it will take someone with experience at working at a club who has been on a downward spiral and turning that around to get the best from this squad. Who that is I am not sure. But I think it would be someone who has more experience than someone like Jim Goodwin. I suppose it would be somebody like Duffy or Hughes.

Duffy or Hughes would certainly take us out of this division, the wrong way!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Duffy or Hughes would certainly take us out of this division, the wrong way!

Don't really want them. But I don't know if someone with either no or not a lot of managerial experience will get this squad playing.Big decision for the board. Glad I don't have to make it. From what is being said they hope to have the new manager in the dug out next week.

10 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The Sun (I know, I know) has Gary Caldwell on the verge of being appointed.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3344813/celtic-gary-caldwell-partick-thistle-manager/

I really hope we don't end up with Gary Caldwell, I think he would be an absolutely terrible appointment. His managerial record is (IMO) pretty dreadful.

24 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

I really hope we don't end up with Gary Caldwell, I think he would be an absolutely terrible appointment. His managerial record is (IMO) pretty dreadful.

Hopefully you’re wrong, need to have someone who has an up to date knowledge and experience of Scottish football, Stephen Craigen ticks all the boxes for me .

38 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

Played 29- Won 3, drawn 8, lost 18. This was his record at his last club Chesterfield. Could have been problems with the running of the club as they seem to have went into freefall and now lying at the bottom half of the vanarama league.  Personally, not my choice but I'm hoping the board get it right with their appointment, whoever the successful applicant is.

Edited by mulguy jag

read a few comments from Wigan and Chesterfield fans. They suggest his style of play is based on possession and endless passes across the back and side to side. Also complain he will sit on a lead.

Sound familiar?

We don't need a manager with a philosophy and who gives a good interview we need a manager who know how to win and get out of this division.

• Like 1

I think sacking our management team might turn out to be the easier bit of this. The board now need to get the right person in.What will they have to chose from,managers who have had ok records with their previous clubs then been sacked or managers who are just starting their careers and doing ok .Tough choice imo.Whoever comes in will need to sort out a squad of players who for 65 minutes today looked as if they had only just met.This decision could not just affect this season, but the next 5years or longer of our club.

• Like 1