Gary Caldwell confirmation

TartanC4

1 hour ago, fenski said:

Storm in a teacup. And if Chesterfield really did threaten legal action then hell mend them. Their board must be very thin skinned...

And facts are facts. Gary said they're sh1te. Their placing in english football proves they are sh1te. Ergo....Chesterfield are sh1te. Case closed

Sorry but I’m not on board with Spittal whatsoever if his performance levels stay the same as it is now then he should be gone at the end of the season ,I hope Caldwell can bring this so called “confidence” out if him but I for one think his current performance levels are quite simply not good enough to merit him staying at this club.

6 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Re the clubs comments on caldwells time at Chesterfield. I get the point made by a few on here that perhaps it was  ill judged but, are we saying the club aren't allowed to make comment on such matters, even if the source is our new manager. I do hope not and would have preferred the comment by our club to have remained. It's an opinion, no more, no less, whether it is single source based or not.

Perhaps it was remived to avoid legal remedy by chersterfield to sooth their bruised ego. If so fine. Who beyond our respective clubs cares. None is my guess.

Reading between the lines our new manager believes his percieved failure at that club was caused by the owners and the owners believe different. 

Lets hope a f kincaid is right. I hope gary has some fun filled successful times with us, gets us promoted, wins a cup, qualifies for europa cup, takes us to the final and is whisked away from us by manchester united due to his success............

Only the Europa cup.Why not Champions league where's your ambition.:head_ball::fan:

3 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Sorry but I’m not on board with Spittal whatsoever if his performance levels stay the same as it is now then he should be gone at the end of the season ,I hope Caldwell can bring this so called “confidence” out if him but I for one think his current performance levels are quite simply not good enough to merit him staying at this club.

I agree with this. I was willing to give him a go at championship level to see if it was just the standard of play in the SPL that was causing him to struggle but after 8 league games I see the same player as last season. He's contracted until the end of the season so we're probably talking about him not being a first team starter rather than not being at the club,

5 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Who’s current performances are good enough? Doolan? Bell? Storey? Storer? Elliott? Bar Penrice and Fitzpatrick when he has played they all quite simply have not been good enough 

Edited by Third Lanark

On 10/18/2018 at 4:31 PM, Auld Jag said:

Only the Europa cup.Why not Champions league where's your ambition.:head_ball::fan:

Haha. Tempered by 53 years of some highs and many lows, but a fair point well made......glesga cup anyone

22 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Who’s current performances are good enough? Doolan? Bell? Storey? Storer? Elliott? Bar Penrice and Fitzpatrick when he has played they all quite simply have not been good enough 

I agree with this. Same old story. Players current team in its many archie guises never got going. Many should bow their heads with a degree of shame.

We've all probably seem teams over the years toil, then the right manager comes in and, whatever they do the team, individuals, club spirit etc are all improved. Lambie had, whatever it is, in spades....bucket fulls in fact. Turned toiling players around, did something to a team spirit that just can't sometimes be explained. So i'm really looking forward to see how the new man can emulate Lambie. Especially Spittal. He has pace, control and vision, i've seen it fleetingly so i hope he's one of many who can be improved. Sometimes the right guy at the helm is all the difference. Starting tomorrow please

Edited by Guest

On 10/18/2018 at 1:40 PM, Thistleberight said:

Your first two have hardly played so unless you've been sneeking into other clubs games befor they came.............you two timer you. They need to play before we can judge, surely.

The rest you say the jury is out so fair enough comment there and for what it is worth i agree but can i assume you don't have any "dead wood". My point being that the obvious dead wood was got rid of close season bar keown who i would argue is beginning to come on to his game. Small shoots but he is showing improvement.

If we got rid of all the dead wood last season, why are we still rank rotten, playing against crap teams and still losing?

On 10/19/2018 at 12:43 AM, AlgarveJag said:

Am I alone in wanting  Caldwell out!

cant believe he’s been here a week already and we still haven’t won a cup or something...

To be fair, we haven't lost a game under his leadership yet tho.

Currently onboard morning ferry to alloa to herald the new dawn.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

If we got rid of all the dead wood last season, why are we still rank rotten, playing against crap teams and still losing?

I suspect after reading stu bannigans interview this morning crap management amd coaching might be involved. Be patient.

P.s. you've still not named your dead wood