Ex Thistle managers...........

cyprusjag

48 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

That would be correct in Arbroath, Brechin and Forfar. But of course the Montrose folk would insist on Links.

In terms of achievements, I was thinking of football rather than food as Dick Campbell has achieved the epic feat of managing all 4 Angus clubs, with reasonable success it has to be conceded.

But your post has got me thinking more creatively about the Angus Quadrangle. I can just see the Bunnet tucking into a Forfar Bridie and an Arbroath Smokie, leavened with a Brechin Bannock and washed down with a Montrose Malt.

When did Campbell manage Montrose? Someone else I was talking to also said he had managed the four Angus clubs but I thought it was just the three.

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Jock's car accident was in summer 1975.

Sean Fallon was in charge 1975-76.

Davie joined Celtic in summer 1976, as stated in the BBC article qouted by a f kincaid above.

i was a youngish hack on the sunday post at the time of big jock's accident and sean was a lovely man to deal with as 'caretaker manager'.  as barney said, davie mcp arrived some time later

12 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

When did Campbell manage Montrose? Someone else I was talking to also said he had managed the four Angus clubs but I thought it was just the three.

Unfortunately, I think that as matters stand you are correct, but I am sure that it will happen in the future. In fact I have just now posted Dick's CV to Links Park.

I can say with certainty that Jim Weir has managed the Angus Quadrangle, but as he is not an ex Thistle manager, that does not really help me for the purposes of this thread!

• Haha 1