AGM and Accounts

javeajag

As I understand it the prize money is split in to 3 payments. The first 2 payments are the same amount for each club are paid at the start of the season and in December. The final payment is then based on final league position and is paid in June so our prize money for finishing 11th plus the parachute payment would not be in these accounts.

The transfer fee for Liam Lindsay should be in these figures as that was after the 31st of May 2017. Also we had 2 televised cup ties in this period as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

For a club that is debt free, what is the interest payment of £19623? 

Thats not depreciation nor maintainance on the ground (That would be in administration expenses)

I had a look at last year's accounts and there is a figure for the same thing of approx £14,000 which is given in the notes as "Finance Cost". I am no accountant so not sure what that would be exactly.

On paper a £340k profit on a £4.5 million turn over isn’t too bad, especially for a football club. 

The question is how much of that was the transfer fee for Lyndsay, if it’s £100k we’re still a profitable set up, but if it’s £400k or more then even being debt free since 2015 we’re still losing significant money.

Noticing the turnover is up by £400k and attendances we’re roughly the same as previous years, I’d imagine his fee would be the £400k less difference in prize money (6th Vs 8th) and an extra old firm game 

2 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

I'm amazed that you know what these figures mean. Hieroglyphics to me.

not that complicated....

1. turnover is the income the club received e.g. your salary

2. expenses is what the club spent e.g. your monthly/annual outgoings

3. operating profit the difference between 1 and 2 in our case a positive....profit

4. interest is interest from a bank account like you would have gets added to income

5. we have some finance costs so we take that away from the profit figure

6. that gives us our profit before tax e.g. your top line

7. tax is tax so that comes off profit

8. net profit e.g. what you can spend in the pub and a curry £342k

• Like 1

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

not that complicated....

1. turnover is the income the club received e.g. your salary

2. expenses is what the club spent e.g. your monthly/annual outgoings

3. operating profit the difference between 1 and 2 in our case a positive....profit

4. interest is interest from a bank account like you would have gets added to income

5. we have some finance costs so we take that away from the profit figure

6. that gives us our profit before tax e.g. your top line

7. tax is tax so that comes off profit

8. net profit e.g. what you can spend in the pub and a curry £342k

That is one hell of a curry !

13 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

On paper a £340k profit on a £4.5 million turn over isn’t too bad, especially for a football club. 

The question is how much of that was the transfer fee for Lyndsay, if it’s £100k we’re still a profitable set up, but if it’s £400k or more then even being debt free since 2015 we’re still losing significant money.

Noticing the turnover is up by £400k and attendances we’re roughly the same as previous years, I’d imagine his fee would be the £400k less difference in prize money (6th Vs 8th) and an extra old firm game 

The figure generally given for Lindsay's transfer was £350k with a sell on clause of between 10 and 20 percent but it was never confirmed.

These accounts will have the transfer for Lyndsay in plus the money we got last year for Celtic being in champions league ( Not today’s announcement but last years), removing the reliance on another teams success and being able to sell a player the figures then do not look too good, especially with top 6 money being in it as well.

Still interested as to what we are paying interest on.