AGM and Accounts

javeajag

10 hours ago, allyo said:

We earned the money that we got from Celtic in the Champion League. Don't ask me how, its kinda complicated. But we did.

If anything we deserve the money more than other clubs. We tended to give them more points on their way to winning the league, thus enabling them to play in the ******* competition in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here are some notes from tonight’s agm.....

the income budget for this year is £2.7m and our goal is not too spend money we don’t have. We have no bank facilities or overdraft. I think we can add in the parachute payment, Celtic game - as we don’t budget for cup games - and the champions league payment. That will still result in  a decline in income from last year. I think also points to some tough choices if we don’t get promoted. And a nightmare if we go down again.

the club is actively trying to increase revenue from hospitality and stadium usage.

the figure of 70 employees includes hospitality staff and match day staff. Office staff is 12 full time and 2 part time the same as last season.

season tickets : adults 817 (964), concession 430 (497) , U16 460 (465) last season in brackets. As a way of trying to make us feel better Gerry stated the adult last time we were in the championship was 886.

average home attendence this season is 2390 ( excluding the Celtic game )

we are still targeting promotion and we have a cunning plan well that’s the plan till it’s mathematically not possible at which point I assume it’s not the plan. Gary had a plan when he arrived and is implementing it eg fitness, training and injuries 

for January they have asked Gary to look at what he needs and will consider his proposals rather than say to him x budget is available. He is already working on it.

training ground...looking positive and there was a meeting today ...council very positive. Site works will start soon with planning permission expected jan/Feb ....it’s a modular construction with a life span of 60-100 years, four weeks to assemble. Expect to in by summer. The cost will be the same as we pay now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, javeajag said:

the income budget for this year is £2.7m and our goal is not too spend money we don’t have. We have no bank facilities or overdraft. I think we can add in the parachute payment, Celtic game - as we don’t budget for cup games - and the champions league payment. That will still result in  a decline in income from last year. I think also points to some tough choices if we don’t get promoted. And a nightmare if we go down again.

the club is actively trying to increase revenue from hospitality and stadium usage.

the figure of 70 employees includes hospitality staff and match day staff. Office staff is 12 full time and 2 part time the same as last season.

season tickets : adults 817 (964), concession 430 (497) , U16 460 (465) last season in brackets. As a way of trying to make us feel better Gerry stated the adult last time we were in the championship was 886.

we are still targeting promotion and we have a cunning plan well that’s the plan till it’s mathematically not possible at which point I assume it’s not the plan. Gary had a plan when he arrived and is implementing it eg fitness, training and injuries 

for January they have asked Gary to look at what he needs and will consider his proposals rather than say to him x budget is available. He is already working on it.

training ground...looking positive and there was a meeting today ...council very positive. Site works will start soon with planning permission expected jan/Feb ....it’s a modular construction with a life span of 60-100 years, four weeks to assemble. Expect to in by summer. The cost will be the same as we pay now.

Thanks javeajag.

29 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Thanks JavaJag a little bit curious over the statement we have no banking facilities or overdraft, yet we were paying interest on the balance sheet, did they mention what that was for?

12 full time office staff appears quite high to me with a weekly customer base of 1250 (2500 over 2 weeks) , we don’t sell tickets during week, we don’t have a shop open during week and after the ST sales I’m not sure if it was my business  I could justify 12 staff to 250 customers a day. I know we have a media team, someone on the phones but what else?

The season ticket figures are alarming, but there’s no benefit for having one, very few discounts (if any) on merchandise or at sponsor companies, this needs to be re-looked at plus the ticketing site is crap

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The interest is bank interest on our current accounts 

the staffing level is constant from last season... though hospitality as a revenue generator is getting more attention 

It was interest we paid (£19k) according to the accounts, yet we state we have no overdraft facilities. Plus have stated we have no debt

Edited by Norgethistle

48 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Thanks javeajag

quite surprised they were mentioning only 4  weeks to assemble the training complex- that seems really quick 

As I understood it it’s modular design that takes four weeks to assemble ....others at the meeting whom had some knowledge of the process thought that was possible 

got the impression model/plan will be at Firhill to look at soon 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Thanks javeajag

quite surprised they were mentioning only 4  weeks to assemble the training complex- that seems really quick 

Obviously that's only the building(s).  Access road, drainage, car park, flood lighting and pitches will take months.

Modular buildings are prefabricated, brought onto site and put together. Only the foundations and any fitting out require any real time.

Edited by ThistleBunnet
  • Like 1