Morton vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

46 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Morton's tails will be up after last night's excellent win in Dumfries. We are on a shameful run. Fearing a doing here.

5 Defeats in a row, terrible. We need a win and I don't care if its a last minute og that wins it for us.

Edited by Auld Jag

How we mighty have fallen. Settle for a point. Take a 1 nil penalty win. Hope we don't get a tanking. Take a last minute OG. I agree with all four but made me think how far we have gone backwards in such a short space of time. It's morton ffs. They are at best a relegation battling club and we are the club just down from the premier. We are shocking. Time for these players to step up. Not next game. Not next week. Not next home game. Step the feck up NOW or feck off. Have they no self pride......or am i being harsh?

We take the rough with the smooth, good with bad but feck me i can't be arsed with this lacklusture mood we as a club are all in just now. Foooook them all we are THEESUL

0-3 thistle or don't dare come home

Edited by Guest

47 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

How we mighty have fallen. Settle for a point. Take a 1 nil penalty win. Hope we don't get a tanking. Take a last minute OG. I agree with all four but made me think how far we have gone backwards in such a short space of time. It's morton ffs. They are at best a relegation battling club and we are the club just down from the premier. We are shocking. Time for these players to step up. Not next game. Not next week. Not next home game. Step the feck up NOW or feck off. Have they no self pride......or am i being harsh?

We take the rough with the smooth, good with bad but feck me i can't be arsed with this lacklusture mood we as a club are all in just now. Foooook them all we are THEESUL

Agree. And no your not being harsh. Around about a year ago we and Kilmarnock were in a similar position. Look at the difference now between the 2 teams. We cant afford for this to go on much longer.

Mcginty and keown are old fashioned centre halfs. Alan Hansen and Davy Irons they are not. Strangely enough Adam Barton was castigated on here for trying to play from the bank. If we stick with the same back 4 we will inevitably end up playing back to front.....but we don't have the front three to support that. Catch 22....which is why we are struggling. Simples

10 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Mcginty and keown are old fashioned centre halfs. Alan Hansen and Davy Irons they are not. Strangely enough Adam Barton was castigated on here for trying to play from the bank. If we stick with the same back 4 we will inevitably end up playing back to front.....but we don't have the front three to support that. Catch 22....which is why we are struggling. Simples

Nail on the head. 

11 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Bell

Elliott      Kewon     Mcginty    Melbourne 

McCarthy       Bannigan

Spittal    Erskine   Storey

Quitongo

Think Penrice may drop to the bench as his form has dipped considerably. Tough to drop Slater out but we need to add a bit of steel to that midfield and  McCarthy would bring that. 
Would really like to add Coulibaly to that team but with McCarthy and  Quitongo unlikely to last 90 mins it would be risky to bring another in that will not last the whole game. If we are struggling at halftime and don't see why we can't bring him on. I thought he might have done that against Ayr

Storey & Spittal need dropping, Storey actually needs releasing.

Id replace them with Fitzpatrick & Coulibaly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

Agree 100%.  But I don't care how we get the result, just as long as the team don't chuck it half way through the game. It's bad enough when they chuck it through being knacked, but when the heads go down it's just bloody awful.

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree. And no your not being harsh. Around about a year ago we and Kilmarnock were in a similar position. Look at the difference now between the 2 teams. We cant afford for this to go on much longer.

Also , Ayr fecking united playing 1st div football last year and who have now bumped us three times and sitting in a lofty position . Yep, we have went backwards bigtime. Lets hope the freefall will be checked sooner than later.   

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

I'm not too concerned about McGinty. He's clumsy covering to his right but he's fine with the ball at his feet. Think he's a bit rash clearing his lines at times but he's more positive than Seaborne, Turnbull or Cargill. Of course as ever centrebacks should be judged by the effectiveness of the pairing, which as always should exceed the sum of the parts. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

Also , Ayr fecking united playing 1st div football last year and who have now bumped us three times and sitting in a lofty position . Yep, we have went backwards bigtime. Lets hope the freefall will be checked sooner than later.   

If the freefall doesn't stop soon, we could be swapping leagues with a certain ex managers Arbroath.

13 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Horses for courses. Sometimes it's good to play it to a team mate other times just put it in row Z. The goal we lost at Dunfermline. Dunfermline got possession when McGinty tried to pass to Spittal and the pass was intercepted.

Unless the team is under immense pressure e.g. holding out for a point or a win late in the game, Row Z should not ever be an option. We can't score if the ball is in the stand.

Surely the idea is to give the ball to a guy wearing the same strip as you are? It's pretty simple really.

• Like 1

I would play Doolan or coullibaly up front and quitongo in the hole behind ......we need pace in the flanks to get behind teams so maybe storey on one side ( any other options ? ?) nit sure in the other side 

we can’t punt long balls up the park we don’t have those type of front players 

we need to get back to passing on the ground !

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jag said:

Unless the team is under immense pressure e.g. holding out for a point or a win late in the game, Row Z should not ever be an option. We can't score if the ball is in the stand.

Surely the idea is to give the ball to a guy wearing the same strip as you are? It's pretty simple really.

If your teammates are out of position, you have no options and someone closing you down, do you still try to find a teammate or boot it out and regroup? Sometimes it's the right thing to do. 

9 minutes ago, twinny said:

If your teammates are out of position, you have no options and someone closing you down, do you still try to find a teammate or boot it out and regroup? Sometimes it's the right thing to do. 

You mean like, being under immense pressure?

12 minutes ago, twinny said:

And to answer you question - yes, I would still want to find a team mate, rather than kick it to the back of the viewing area.

12 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Storey & Spittal need dropping, Storey actually needs releasing.

Id replace them with Fitzpatrick & Coulibaly

Storey did okay on Saturday.  His pace causes problems and he made a great pass that set up the move for our best chance of the game through Spittal. 
Spittal was poor on Saturday but we are short of options. 

Fitzpatrick is not ready to start games. Throwing him into a team playing poorly is not what he needs either. I do think he has been unlucky not to feature more from the bench however. 

Tough to get the team to play without fear - but that's what the manager has to do. 

I get the feeling that Coulibaly might be a big influence on this.  The guy seems to play positively without over thinking.  We need that to rub off on the players around him. 

5 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Storey did okay on Saturday.  His pace causes problems and he made a great pass that set up the move for our best chance of the game through Spittal. 

Fitzpatrick is not ready to start games. Throwing him into a team playing poorly is not what he needs either. I do think he has been unlucky not to feature more from the bench however. 

Storey has pace, but can’t beat a man, pass, cross or score. Both him and Mutumba were rubbish on Saturday as most beside me in the JL were stating 

6 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

So much for GC's in-depth analysis of the players, fitzpatrick can't even get on the bench.