Morton vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

7 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Jagzone will focus on the “positive “ of us scoring a goal and being “unlucky” with the wind and losing McGinty at half time 

That’s taking “looking at positives” to a new level- However if McGinty is out, that’s both of the first choice CB pairing out with virtually nothing in reserve

Edited by Duke Gekantawa

Now Caldwell knows what's ahead. The last clown has left him with a team of Bingers and Sky Rockets. we carefully skirted around the manager who built the team for Archibald, so Gary your the man. We are in serious trouble the best we can salvage is not to go down again. The board should have been sacked for allowing Archibald to continue after the Livingston game. Batten down the hatches because its going to be a long dark Christmas.    

That was a total disgrace 

Alan Archibald has left this club in a horrendous state, that squad is his.

My fear is Caldwell is not good enough to be able to do anything with it till January when he brings in his own players, by which time we’ll be looking to bring guys in to avoid relegation rather than chase a play-off place.

• Like 3

Just now, Hankey said:

Premature sure, but he needs to be under pressure right away. Nothing has changed and the fans are far too lenient with continual shite from management and players, as has shown in recent times.  

it's easy to post too close to the final whistle and let emotion take hold. 

So. Here goes. The new manager has changed NOTHING.

The new manager has improved NOTHING.

It is only 3 games in but i have a horrible feeling which has been gnawing away in my stomach. I want to be upbeat and have resisted the temptation until now. This is looking like an alan stubbs appointment. There. I've said it. I'm not calling for him to go or be sacked. I'm just typing what i feel. 

We have changed chair person, EO, manager, coaching staff. All change bar the players so i guess he needs a few transfer windows to build his own team. Personally, right now, i'd let everyone of them go. 

The new guy is coming across as, well, not a very good manager. The least we should expect from him would be organisation of his team, roles, responsibilities. Nothing.

If i go next week i'll be giving him a mouthful. As fans we need to make our feelings known. End the apathy now before we go down again.

13 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

That was a total disgrace 

Alan Archibald has left this club in a horrendous state, that squad is his.

My fear is Caldwell is not good enough to be able to do anything with it till January when he brings in his own players, by which time we’ll be looking to bring guys in to avoid relegation rather than chase a play-off place.

Doubt anyone is thinking about a playoff place now unless it’s a relegation one

Just now, JAG1970 said:

Caldwell only been in 3 games but whether he likes it or not he’s under pressure. No new manager bounce. He doesn’t have the luxury of waiting for the January window to open, he needs to get results now, starting next week. He needs to show his mettle and grind out some results otherwise he and the board will come in for heavy criticism. 

Ran out of likes.

Problem with your last sentence is ......heavy critisism? Really? From whom. A few of us posting on here? We need to mobalise as a group but how. I'm just burnt out. Some great highs over the past few years have probably made this big long low, worse. Everyone seems gutless.

A healthy club financially with a sh1te group of players and no fans? That's what's coming

we have known for a while now that the majority of players that we have are just not good enough

not good enough in their technical ability or their commitment to the cause

we can thank archie and scott for that and of course not forgetting the board

as has been said the management team should have gone after relegation

i believe archie offered his resignation but was not accepted (payout for both i hear was approx 180k ?)

we are where we are at this moment in time, gary was not my choice for manager

however we should now get behind the management team and hopefully they can dig us out this hole

under gary we have played alloa , ayr and morton:  nil points 1 goal for  7 against

i have been to all 3 games and i must say i don't envy their lot at this time

i would however right now punt bell, spittal, quitongo, storer 

tactically as with archie we are too slow getting the ball forward 

got to get back to basics we need 2 fullbacks, now

penrice needs to be pushed into midfield

i could go on, but remember my fellow sufferers, we the fans are thistle and we deserve better than this  :thumbsup2:

Right now as well as I’m having doubts about the new managers ability to get any bounce off these players. I’m equally having doubts about saying Archibald and legend in the same sentence given how large a part he has played in the massive mess we are in, could say the same about Paterson and Gerry Britton who have played their part too

Edited by Third Lanark

The wind behind us in the first half masked the daft team selection the manager started with. we seemed to be a 4-3-1-2 with Spittal in behind the strikers. Blair Spittal only plays when the suns shining and even then its only on special occassions. He was so anonymous it meant we were so narrow and Morton could pressure our fullbacks. Sure neough Elliot sat back twice and allowed the Morton left back to pick his man in the box which he did twice.

I hope we find out that McGinty was taken off after hitting the manager and giving the manager a concusion as thats the only way in which I can explain the decision to take him off and then the utterly stupidly decision to ignore the left centre back sitting on the bench (Scobbie) and play Keown, Elliot and McCarthy out of position. When you looked at who we were fielding in the second half it didn't take a genius to understand we were going to get turned over.

Elliot in my eyes was at fault for the first 4 Morton goals (I left after the 4th went in). How on earth Blair Spittal stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Never want to see Blair Spittal in a Thistle Jersey again.  I won't be  be back at a game whilst we play Elliot at right back and I'm seriously considering not going back while Gary Caldwell is the manager.

Dick Cambell's desision to play Derek Fleming as a left back went down in Firhill history as being one of the stupidest but Caldwell surpassed him today. A sackable performance in its own right.  Relegation now looks odds on.

8 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

we have known for a while now that the majority of players that we have are just not good enough

not good enough in their technical ability or their commitment to the cause

we can thank archie and scott for that and of course not forgetting the board

as has been said the management team should have gone after relegation

i believe archie offered his resignation but was not accepted (payout for both i hear was approx 180k ?)

we are where we are at this moment in time, gary was not my choice for manager

however we should now get behind the management team and hopefully they can dig us out this hole

under gary we have played alloa , ayr and morton:  nil points 1 goal for  7 against

i have been to all 3 games and i must say i don't envy their lot at this time

i would however right now punt bell, spittal, quitongo, storer 

tactically as with archie we are too slow getting the ball forward 

got to get back to basics we need 2 fullbacks, now

penrice needs to be pushed into midfield

i could go on, but remember my fellow sufferers, we the fans are thistle and we deserve better than this  :thumbsup2:

I don’t think he has been that great but quitongo has not been any worse than Storey or Elliott or keown surely?

53 minutes ago, sandbank boy said:

We  ( the Board) didn’t give him enough ‘cos in several instances he didn’t get his first choice of player 

The recruitment policy has been shocking for the last  5 years, basically getting what’s left after the season has started Martin Woods being a perfect example , I’m not sure if that’s a financial decision by the Club or mismanagement 

It is beyond belief that we haven’t got a team that is competitive in this division, the Board might well be culpable with the parachute payments we’ve received, the prize money from the SPFL , the 400k we got through Celtic’s European campaign, that money hasn’t been invested in the playing side of the Club , it hasn’t been invested in the Reserve Team , the under 18s don’t even get expenses contracts , so it would be a pertinent question to ask is the money being ringfenced for something else  ( new training ground ) or is something else going on behind the scenes Propco ? that we don’t know about but after what I’ve watched today they’ve totally got their priorities totally wrong because that was a disgrace .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

So we need.....a goalkeeper, two full backs, a central defender , two wide players .....and we need them now 

We need a right back, another central defender but more important than all that we need leaders. We need players that would kick their granny to win a throw in.

Niall's should get his Dad in and show this shower what desire really looks like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1